Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

i thought you could use homesharing for this purpose? but i think you also have to be on the same wifi network for that to work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think when iOS6 is released iTunes Match will offer streaming to the phone and not just downloading the file as it does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good apps that split photos or can make panoramic ones?

Thanks

the list is here on this link

http://iphone.appstorm.net/roundups/photography/100-fantastic-photography-apps-for-iphone/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I think when iOS6 is released iTunes Match will offer streaming to the phone and not just downloading the file as it does now.

iOS 5 not even out yet in europe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

wampyrus77 wrote: »

Uhm... yeah it is? Released last October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

wampyrus77 wrote: »

Probally joking ? iOS6 is due in sept,may come out same time with iPhone 5 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

i thought you could use homesharing for this purpose? but i think you also have to be on the same wifi network for that to work

this worked, thanks for your help.

handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MadDad

Anyone come across a good app to assist with football coaching

noting attendances for games training, keeping track of scores, fixtures etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Haven't found a use for Passbook in iOS 6 Yet?

Me either but....

People's Card

Generate your own passbooks using the free app.

I've no affiliation at all but think it could have some interesting applications. Anyone tried it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

MadDad wrote: »
    Anyone come across a good app to assist with football coaching

noting attendances for games training, keeping track of scores, fixtures etc

teamer
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Any apps out there that will allow you to turn on/off wifi, 3g, bluetooth with one click (similar to the light switches apps for this on droid)? The pain of having to go settings-general-mobile data to turn 3g on/off ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Are there any camera apps that enable you to use the entire screen to view through (like standard iPhone camera) while using effects (like Instagram or Hipstamatic)?

Only being able to see through the small lens on Hipstamatic is a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Any apps out there that will allow you to turn on/off wifi, 3g, bluetooth with one click (similar to the light switches apps for this on droid)? The pain of having to go settings-general-mobile data to turn 3g on/off ;)

SBSettings. Turn them on and off in about 1 second from the lock screen. But you have to be jailbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Hi

Looking for a good stock control app. Something where i can see at a glance the units i have in stock, quantities, cost etc.
    One were i could easily record sales and have the updated stock levels then displayed.
    Would be even better if it worked on ipad and iphone and the info was synced between both.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    Obviously free would be great but i dont expect all those features for free so aslong as its not mad money i'll consider anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

barryd09 wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for a good stock control app. Something where i can see at a glance the units i have in stock, quantities, cost etc.
    One were i could easily record sales and have the updated stock levels then displayed.
    Would be even better if it worked on ipad and iphone and the info was synced between both.

Any ideas/suggestions?
    Obviously free would be great but i dont expect all those features for free so aslong as its not mad money i'll consider anything.

Stock control by Kiwi Objects looks good, it's free and has cloud support for sharing between devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Best radio app?
    Tried a free one but it only allows you to listen for a limited time. Happy to buy one if its good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

TuneIn radio pro is what I have! It the best one I think you can even record your favourite shows

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Carroller wrote: »
    TuneIn radio pro is what I have! It the best one I think you can even record your favourite shows

Yes I'd say TuneIn is the best one you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

@carrallor
    @pbar

Thanks, will try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Just downloaded an app called figure. Great little app for creating random tunes and beats. Whiled away the last hour with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Carmageddon has just been released and its free for today only!

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/carmageddon/id498240451?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

i had one on my 4 but cant remember what it was called.

Basically you bookmarked a web page and when you hit it, it opened safari, swapped to settings and changed the setting be it wifi bluetooth etc. Grand if your phone is quick but my 4 had slowed down a lot

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have an app called "OnOff" that is a one-touch way of toggling on and off Bluetooth.

There's a chance it might have been pulled since, though, as Apple didn't like the one-touch functionality!

It has the same icon as this one - which functions differently:
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/bluetooth-activate/id520525384?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

is there such a thing as a mute button app?

my 3gs mute is banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

my 3gs mute is banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Not sure if it's posted already but we7 is an app similar to spotify or pandora radio. It's really amazing. I'm loving it.
    Tesco own it!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've just downloaded flipboard and I am very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

jarvis wrote: »
    Not sure if it's posted already but we7 is an app similar to spotify or pandora radio. It's really amazing. I'm loving it.
    Tesco own it!!!
    Nicely spotted, it's great! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

El Spearo wrote: »

my 3gs mute is banjaxed.

Try using general settings > accessibility > assistive touch. I had to use it once my home button went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

El Spearo wrote: »

my 3gs mute is banjaxed.

You could use the new do not disturb feature?

Advertisement