Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

When you got the app on your work PC, were you definitely signed in with the same iTunes account you use on your personal one and the iPhone itself?

If the account settings are correct, then try this: you need to find the app file itself, it'll have the extention "ipa" (search the iTunes folder for *.ipa to find it). Now, transfer that ipa to your personal laptop and drag it into iTunes - it should be added along with all your other apps and you should be able to sync it back to the iPhone without affecting the existing apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 McBain!

J-blk wrote: »
    When you got the app on your work PC, were you definitely signed in with the same iTunes account you use on your personal one and the iPhone itself?

If the account settings are correct, then try this: you need to find the app file itself, it'll have the extention "ipa" (search the iTunes folder for *.ipa to find it). Now, transfer that ipa to your personal laptop and drag it into iTunes - it should be added along with all your other apps and you should be able to sync it back to the iPhone without affecting the existing apps.

Yeah, I was logged into the same account.
    That sounds like sound advice....Ill give it a go and let you know if it works
    Much appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Finally got a chance to have a look at iTunes on a Windows PC here - on a Windows XP system, assuming the iTunes folder is in "My Documents", you should find the IPA files in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Mobile Applications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Well done McBain, ya managed to kill this thread!

Back on track, more apps!

Well done McBain, ya managed to kill this thread!

Back on track, more apps!

What are ya on about??

• Advertisement

J-blk wrote: »
    Finally got a chance to have a look at iTunes on a Windows PC here - on a Windows XP system, assuming the iTunes folder is in "My Documents", you should find the IPA files in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Mobile Applications

That worked perfectly....thanks a million for the advice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

gartcork wrote: »
    Works perfect for me over 3g and edge!!
    Obviously it takes a little longer to load/buffer and as MixedNuts said ideally stick to channels with a bandwidth of 290 or less.
    I have four TV's at home and I still watched Match of the Day on my iPhone just because I could!!!
    I showed it to a few guys in work today and they all downloaded it straight away.
    Hope this helps.

so far I have sky news, BBC news, bbc1 , itv2 added to my favourites. Anything I missed? That would say be on my tv at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

darsar wrote: »
    so far I have sky news, BBC news, bbc1 , itv2 added to my favourites. Anything I missed? That would say be on my tv at home...

I also have RTE News (search Ireland), BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4, Five (UK) MSNBC (US) and Tub Tub Toons ( For the kids!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

gartcork wrote: »
    I also have RTE News (search Ireland), BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4, Five (UK) MSNBC (US) and Tub Tub Toons ( For the kids!!)

Since when has RTE has a 24 hour news channel?!!

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I know it's been mentioned before but CONCERT VAULT is a must for music lovers.
    I am loving it !

Gets my vote for #1 free App to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tweetie
    beejiveIM
    guardian
    daft.ie
    metro
    dublin buster
    flickr
    xe
    ATM hunter
    monkey island
    IKEA UK
    red spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Brian017

Sorry for going slightly OT but is there a way to stop iTunes from arranging the apps on the home screen? I spent ages rearranging them on the iPhone only for iTunes to mess them up again once it was synced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Bryn wrote: »
    Is there any apps for msn that don't require you to create an account?

You have to create an account to get apps. but you don't need a credit card to get the free ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

dragon dictation

Incredible app that allows you to speak into the iphone and then transforms what you say into text. Pretty accurate and a great time saver if you have limited typing skills like me.

You need to have a US itunes account to get it (google for a guide how to do this) but it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭holidayhere

Dazzer B wrote: »
    Hi everyone just bought a 3GS 16g and looking for the the best APPS to put on phone can anyone recommended good ones TKS

Best Regards

Darren

*snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

looks much like the "ireland guide " app by georgina campbell !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

im looking for an app lads, dont know the name of it ,.....
    when you take screen cap it uploads to imageshack automatically ? any ideas, i saw it posted here before, but its like looking for a needle in a haystack...an all that

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

mixednuts wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned before but CONCERT VAULT is a must for music lovers.
    I am loving it !

Gets my vote for #1 free App to date.

+1

got this app a couple of Days ago. Probably the best app I have used on the iPhone. The sheer amount of material available is staggering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

how's it going lads

im thinking of getting the iphone on O2,

im on 3 a the minute, and have unlimitied texts to any network, the plan on O2 im looking at only has 150 free texts, is there an app to allow you to send as many free texts as you on the iphone?

sorry for the newb style question, but unfortunetly, i am a newb :D

is it possible that perhaps 3 could be getting the iphone? of all the countries they are in, the only ones that dont have the iphone is us and Britain, i cant understand the delay in any decent phones with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

how's it going lads

im thinking of getting the iphone on O2,

im on 3 a the minute, and have unlimitied texts to any network, the plan on O2 im looking at only has 150 free texts, is there an app to allow you to send as many free texts as you on the iphone?

sorry for the newb style question, but unfortunetly, i am a newb :D

is it possible that perhaps 3 could be getting the iphone? of all the countries they are in, the only ones that dont have the iphone is us and Britain, i cant understand the delay in any decent phones with 3

This is a thread about Apps for the iPhone. Please either use a different thread, or start your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    This is a thread about Apps for the iPhone. Please either use a different thread, or start your own.

do i really need to start another thread when you could quite as easily have answered my question regarding the text app?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

do i really need to start another thread when you could quite as easily have answered my question regarding the text app?

Your post contains more than just a question about an App, so ideally yes.

And there are plenty of SMS text apps - I use Eirtext Pro (written by one of the other moderators - lackofcolour).

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Is there an app which let's you set a target saving amount then you say how much you saved and it will show you a graph of how well your doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Is there an app which let's you set a target saving amount then you say how much you saved and it will show you a graph of how well your doing?

Its called the Calculator App :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cantswim

Revenue have just put out a new App for claiming Health Expenses which can only be done a year in arrears. It allows for any doctors/physio visits etc to be input at the time of the event and once the year is over will do the sums and submit to revenue once you have a pin etc to access PAYE Anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

in no particular order my most used apps:
    facebook
    skysports
    premiership, new app pretty good for footy results with free push noticiations of kick off & goal alerts
    aNote, neat little app, much better for keeping notes organised & appealing ui
    shazam
    daft.ie
    dessid
    wififofum
    sky+
    movies now
    tvguide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Can someone recommend an app for cooking/recipes please. Free if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

iXpenseit is an excellent budgeting app - it's a good while since I got it so I don't recall for sure but I think you have to pay for it.

Worth every penny if you do though, it sill do everything you want and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

finbarrk wrote: »
    Can someone recommend an app for cooking/recipes please. Free if possible!

Epicurious is a great recipes app that iirc is free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sky plus app is the best app I have laid eyes on yet!
    It's 100%free, though does require you to have a subscription to sky!
    One swipe of your finger brings up the while list of sky channels. Say if your at work, and someone mentions a really food
    movie/show that is on in an hour?
    This app synchs with your sky box at home. Sonafter a hard days graft your programmer should be in your digi box!

Advertisement