Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

sorry sorry sorry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz wrote: »
    sorry sorry sorry

well you saved me picking the rock, woulda done it but im happy now to avoid the extra long promos i would have written for him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

There is a bit of extra freedom in not being one of the first few pickers, you're almost forced to go with some people

Cactus Col wrote: »
    There is a bit of extra freedom in not being one of the first few pickers, you're almost forced to go with some people

yup thats how i feel atm, trying to decide will i just pick the best available atm or who id like the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Really looking forward to watching this progress over the next few weeks/months. Enjoyed taking part last year but I just couldn't commit the time required this time round. It looks like there is a really good line up of regular and knowledgable posters so it should be fun. Best of luck to all involved!

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Really looking forward to watching this progress over the next few weeks/months. Enjoyed taking part last year but I just couldn't commit the time required this time round. It looks like there is a really good line up of regular and knowledgable posters so it should be fun. Best of luck to all involved!

I really liked your roster last year and think had you built to your ppv you would have got a lot more votes cos your PPV had a great card.

Ive got some theories already for what i can do with a potential roster given my early draw but no long term plans ever fully work out in this as you will never get the exact roster you want

I wonder will Luger be Pingu's no.1 pick, he was drafted as early as Rd 7 last time i believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have a few people in mind but I'm not sure they'll be around by my go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Nice one, Delighted with Michaels. Yer certain to get a good main event from my show now anyway lads :)

I couldent resist picking the biggest name ever in Pro wrestling. I may not like him as much as SCSA, He may not be the great one, nor will he be the heartbreak kid but what he will do is give my promotion the biggest Marquee name it could have so I felt i had to pick him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I couldent resist picking the biggest name ever in Pro wrestling. I may not like him as much as SCSA, He may not be the great one, nor will he be the heartbreak kid but what he will do is give my promotion the biggest Marquee name it could have so I felt i had to pick him.

I was thinking that too, just the name value alone is great to have. If he didnt go to TNA i probably would picked him haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Nice one, Delighted with Michaels. Yer certain to get a good main event from my show now anyway lads :)

I was hoping he'd slip through the cracks there. Good pick

I'm glad you took him, if he had been available i probably would have taken him over anyone else! But I don't think anyone can argue with him being the biggest thing in wrestling. One of the problems with judging the rosters at the end is that we all see the ppv's through our smark eyes, so we know all the backstage politics and all the baggage that comes with people. But from purely "mark" eyes Hogan is the best there is.

And i'm gonna try vote through "mark" eyes this time around. If that makes any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Certainly the biggest drawing names are gone, not necessarily the best tho!;):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Wahey started,

Safely say I wont be picking until tomorrow night yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Had 2 choices but felt I made the right one with Taker. I wonder where my other choice will be taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i have my first pick, not as big as the rest so hopefully he (or she...) will be overlooked. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Cactus Col wrote: »

I'm glad you took him, if he had been available i probably would have taken him over anyone else! But I don't think anyone can argue with him being the biggest thing in wrestling. One of the problems with judging the rosters at the end is that we all see the ppv's through our smark eyes, so we know all the backstage politics and all the baggage that comes with people. But from purely "mark" eyes Hogan is the best there is.

And i'm gonna try vote through "mark" eyes this time around. If that makes any sense.

That screwed me a little last year I think. Has the Hogan Warrior main event and a decent undercard but obviously in an internet poll Hogan Warrior matches rarely win

All my choices still remain, have my fingers crossed!:o

There goes my other pick. Nice choice Jaykhunter:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bah I was hoping Taker would last until my turn.

I knew the other guys would go.

Bah I was hoping Taker would last until my turn.

I knew the other guys would go.

I'm sure you'll get someone good on your pick:)

• Advertisement

There goes my other pick. Nice choice Jaykhunter:):)

+1 dammit! good choice jaykhunter

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

lol cheers. he's my number 2 pick (after the Rock :pac:) There's a few dream matches I wanna put on and most of them include Angle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Had 2 choices but felt I made the right one with Taker. I wonder where my other choice will be taken?

Take good care of him. The young lad served me well last year.

It'll be tricky to not just pick the same people as last year for me I think. We developed such a bond *sniff* :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully my pick will still be available . Was originally going to pick The Rock but now have a few ideas as back up

Great pick Vince, completly forgot about him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Great pick Vince, completly forgot about him

Thanks. It was an obvious enough pick but it gives me versatility. I would hope to be thinking more outside the box as this goes on.

Thanks. It was an obvious enough pick but it gives me versatility. I would hope to be thinking more outside the box as this goes on.

I was planning to have a young roster but my 1st pick kinda ruined it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I was planning to have a young roster but my 1st pick kinda ruined it

I'm already trying to work this tag team rule to my advantage!

awesome pick.. im sweatin it now lads..

• Advertisement

I'm already trying to work this tag team rule to my advantage!

I have my tag-team pick mostly sorted. Just hope no-one picks them

Advertisement