Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

Hi, I'm looking for a graphic designer for print design and some web design experience, for August maybe longer.

Adobe illustrator / photoshop. Based on Mac.

We are near Athenry.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Hi,

I have a wordpress store that needs amending in terms of its structure. The basic store has been set up but the categories are not as I want them. If anyone has experience in this, please pm me.

Thanks,

Horse

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Alpha Design (www.alphadesign.ie) are looking for a designer who has knowledge and experience with using Corel Draw.

Strong creative design skills are essential and knowledge of designing for print also essential. Thus, experience is always good! :)

Alpha Design is a small Web & Graphic design business. We cover a lot of areas in Web Development - from basic websites, eCommerce, Content Management System to completely custom web application developments. We are located in Waterford, but work with staff and clients from anywhere.

Any further info - send me a PM or email kevin[at]alphadesign.ie. Use the same address to apply, CV required.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

Hey,
    Working away on a project at the moment that is being built by a freelancer, in Magento.

He's close to completion and has done a great job. But if the project takes off, I'd like to be able to work with someone locally as well. The site will probably be launched in 1-2 weeks.

We lack a technical co-founder, so it'd ideally be a fairly involved role. Terms are flexible.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Define "local". Ireland, Dublin, Tallaght, Anto's apartment building? :) I'm based in Cork, for example, and a lot of Dubs consider that forrin.

Also, if the site is more than simple Magento with a theme and a few plugins, you might want to be more specific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Overthrow

dahamsta wrote: »
    Define "local". Ireland, Dublin, Tallaght, Anto's apartment building? :) I'm based in Cork, for example, and a lot of Dubs consider that forrin.

Also, if the site is more than simple Magento with a theme and a few plugins, you might want to be more specific.

Thanks, should have added a bit more detail I guess :)

Ideally Dublin city centre, but if the right person is based elsewhere (in Ireland) so be it.

The site is completely custom built, I don't want to disclose too much info yet but this is a start-up that's putting a disruptive angle on an already massive area. Once Beta is launched we'll have a much better idea of plans for the coming weeks/months and during this time should things go well, it's very likely we'll need someone to come on board.

So it's a chance to be in in the beginning of something that could be quite big. Most of the preparatory work has already been done, we just need someone talented to assist in building on the site as things progress.

If you're interested, drop me a PM with a bit of info about yourself.

Done, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Introduction
    Hi, i am in the process of setting up a personal site of my own which I have been working on for some time now. I am web designer / developer myself but my skills are predominately associated with design.

I have just finished coding the entire site to xhtml / css and I have split the site up into php includes.

I have designed a detailed storyboard for every single process required for the site, and I have designed all the databases tables that are required. Now I need a developer to plug it all together.

Skills Required (apologies if this sounds like an interview :-)
    - experience in creating custom php sites from scratch (as i will not be using an open source cms such as joomla, wordpress etc… it must be completely custom)
    - have you experience with any php frameworks
    - technologies required: php, mysql, ajax
    - extensive site security experience (hack proof)
    - paypal api (accept payments and manage mass payments)
    - server set up advice would be desirable
    - experience with custom membership sites / user account signup / user login / user profile (change password, change email address, change notifications… etc) / user sessions
    - ip based services (display currency and images based on location)
    - cron jobs
    - signing in with facebook and twitter
    - server side and client side validation

Brief Description Of My Site
    My site allows marathon runners to create an account to join my site. Once they become a member, they can create a marathon profile (they choose (A) a marathon date and (B) a charity). Once the marathon profile has been created, they can give the link to their friends so that they can donate to the marathon profile page. The marathon runner has two buttons in their admin section for each marathon profile that they have created, 01 – REFUND ALL DONATORS (in the case that the runner did not finish the race), 02 – RACE COMPLETED.

The site will also have a live generic feed on the home page, to show different things that are happening ont he site (donations, new marathon profiles etc)

The site has the usual profile settings, such as change password, change email address, change notifications etc.

I also need to run approximately 5 different crons on a daily basis so I need a developer who is experienced with crons.

If you are a member of any freelancer site such as: Odesk, Freelancer, ScriptLance etc, can you please provide a link to your profile. I look forward to your PM, thanks…

• Registered Users Posts: 1 the real hokeykokey

Hi,

I currently have a Magento E-commerce site up and running. It is a Magento Ecommerce template. I have all my products online and I am just looking for some-one to help with about 3 or four minor issues. All in all not much work to be done. €100 cash paid for the support, probably 3 hours work in total.

I am looking for a Magento expert, not looking for someone who'll give it a go. Have several computer qualified friends who I could ask to do that.

Preferably in the Monaghan -Louth - Dublin area.

Please PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thomas98798

Small business start up website needed:

Approx 7 short pages,
    Have a design already put together for the site, just the basic idea of how i want it to work and a simple design. I need someone to take this idea and make it their own, by adding any changes they think it needs.
    The ideal person to create this site would be:
    > Creative - with previous experience in designing unique websites
    > Skilled - I would like this site to rate in the top 4 of a google search, which at the moment is fairly noncompetitive for these terms.
    > Self starter - I would like this site to be created with the minimum of fuss, someone that can look at what i have so far and say right you need a,b and c etc.

Just to wrap up
    the site would need
    7 pages approx
    sign up for newsletters facility - eg. user enters email and name which is then forwarded to my email account
    Request a call back facility - eg. user enters contact details which is forwarded to my email account
    Secure site

Should any one be interested in working on this please pm me

• Advertisement

@thomas98798, you'll get a better quality response if you specify your budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Sindy1990

We're looking for a designer to put together an e-brochure for our Dublin-based company. It shouldn't be a big job, 2-3 pages max, and will be paid (Open to negotiating on rates).

All content will be supplied, we just need someone with the skills to make it look sharp as it will be going out to clients etc.

If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lorcol

Hi I have devised a framework which I have hand drawn - it is basically four circles inside each other with text in each circle. I need it typed up. if you think you can do this can you please pm me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sleight of hand

Hi all,

We are a small north county dublin newly started up food company. We have already done up a website ourselves, which has been lauched and is up and running. The problem is that it needs a few things/ideas sorted/added and some parts revamps but we have taken it as far as we can.

If you can PM me with your thoughts and a price, i can get back to you with any required imformation (website link etc) and we can take it from there.

Thanks for your time in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hi all looking for a Web Designer to create a sharp looking deals website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

marley123 wrote: »
    Hi all looking for a Web Designer to create a sharp looking deals website.

Hi, I can help you out there no problem. I'm part of the team from http://www.crestwebmedia.com/index.html and can offer you a great website for the best price you'll find in Ireland, guaranteed.
    If you have any queries or would like to chat more about it you can contact me at vinny.crestwebmedia@gmail.com or call 01-4433823

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Website Built on Wordpress.

Site already online and theme purchased.

Theme needs to be installed and a few minor tweaks made to the site.

Theme purchased is http://themeforest.net/item/saviour-responsive-creative-wordpress-theme/780431

If interested in this work (should be very easy for anyone sufficient with WP) please PM...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciaranwhyte

I have a vanity site for my photography (a hobby of mine, not business), which consists of a Gallery (running on one SQL database - accessed via G2) and a wordpress blog running on a second SQL database.

This is LONG over due an overhaul and this morning, since the blog is no longer accessible (working on it as I speak), I've decided to put it out for tender.

I'm looking for a complete new wordpress site, sitting on one SQL database combining the gallery, blog and splash page into one. This is a blog which is designed to primarily showcase my images but is also text heavy.

As well as the new theme development, I will require someone to transfer all the old content across and reformat it accordingly (last site was fixed at 600px wide). I rank very highly on SEO and a lot of photography sites reference my material and links, so it's essential that URLS and SEO is maintained.

This is a paid gig and am happy to negotiate either fixed price or hourly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I have a Wordpress site for the last year and I am looking for someone that can optimise the site for Seo etc. There is very little traffic going to the site so I need someone that can do whatever is required to help me gain new customers through the site.
    I understand this is something that needs to be monitored and tweaked over a few months .
    Pleasepm me if you can help with this

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

Im looking for someone to design a simple website. will be a main page and about 3 subpages. need one that i can easily amend regularly. im going to link it to my linkedin page.
    no particular rush. I will basically give you 4 word documents which you convert to web pages.
    quotes please?
    I dont have a domain name. I haven't paid for hosting so maybe give me an idea of cost of that too. Its 4 static pages I can go back and edit a few times a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 shaykay

Hi Guys,

I recently set up a wordpress website i require some help. I need someone to help me posting affiliate banners correctly on my site and also to set up a paypal buy now button. If anyone ca help in this respect i would be very appreciative. PM me with details and i will be in contact.

Thanks in advance for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 garlenno

Hi I am looking to set up a website that will hold small documentaries - on various formats and quality but relatively short on length (typically less than 15mins)

I did a website design course years ago but think I may save people's eyes by getting someone else to do it.

What type of a capacity would I need to have if I was to hold say 50 5min docs?

Could someone give me their thoughts on the above.
    thanks in advance
    Gary

garlenno wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to set up a website that will hold small documentaries - on various formats and quality but relatively short on length (typically less than 15mins)

I did a website design course years ago but think I may save people's eyes by getting someone else to do it.

What type of a capacity would I need to have if I was to hold say 50 5min docs?

Could someone give me their thoughts on the above.
    thanks in advance
    Gary

Why not just use youtube? They will convert it into like 6 formats for you like 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Alpha Design (www.alphadesign.ie) are urgently looking for a designer who has knowledge and experience with using InDesign and Photoshop. The work outstanding is a 2013 Calendar of which is already designed mostly, but with fonts for Windows and not OSx as per norm.

Strong creative design skills are essential and knowledge of designing for print also essential. Thus, experience is always good!

Alpha Design is a small Web & Graphic design business. We cover a lot of areas in Web Development - from basic websites, eCommerce, Content Management System to completely custom web application developments. We are located in Waterford, but work with staff and clients from anywhere.

Any further info - send me a PM or email kevin[at]alphadesign.ie. Use the same address to apply, CV required.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Can some one recommend a good eCommerce hosting site? Is shopify any good? or wix?

Or would a designer be better?
    Shop will have 40+ products, 5 or 6 categories, links, filter search, etc.
    No logo, just nice simple header, whole site will be easy to look at, simple to the point.
    Able to take paypal and card payment, also will need to be able to add and edit items myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

jamesbil wrote: »
    Can some one recommend a good eCommerce hosting site? Is shopify any good? or wix?

Or would a designer be better?
    Shop will have 40+ products, 5 or 6 categories, links, filter search, etc.
    No logo, just nice simple header, whole site will be easy to look at, simple to the point.
    Able to take paypal and card payment, also will need to be able to add and edit items myself.

Shopify is one of the better ways to dip your toe into e-commerce, and can do all of the things you mentioned there. I would stay away from wix.

We can't discuss this further here as we're taking this thread off-topic - feel free to start a thread in the Design forum if you want to discuss your options more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Two perm front end jobs going in one of London's leading online digital agencies, you will be working on sites for well known international brands, great opportunity. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

I sell products through a Wordpress site, which was built with PayPal buy now buttons.
    I am looking at the possibility of upgrading to a shopping cart type setup which would hopefully provide a lot more functionality (i.e. allow the user to select shipping method and calculate rate based on destination entered etc)
    Not sure if I need a Wordpress plugin or totally new system, PM me for further details
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wwrjd

JMR

the following are 2 wordpress plugins which should be sufficient for what you're looking for:

eShop http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/eshop/

or

Simple Paypal Shopping Cart http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-simple-paypal-shopping-cart/

i have experience with both, PM me if you need help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I seek the help of a database developer.

The website I am working on is to have the ability for a user that, once registered, can visit their own control panel, enter their golf stats after a round of golf, and also view a history of their progress. Search results would also be available by a range of multiple display values.

I also need the ability for the site administrator to add golf courses, which are selectable by the registered users for inputting their scores and stats etc. and require multiple values to be selectable i.e. name, address, par level and other golf-related jargon.

Questions and queries can be directed to me via info@dezynamite.com with reference to "Golf Stats Application" in the subject line. Payment method is negotiable, and an idea of the time to complete your end of the development would be helpful.

Thanks,

Seanie Morris,
    Partner, Dezynamite.

Advertisement