Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 geneval2008

Hi there,

Looking for a rough idea on website design prices. The company provides home decorating services. I have a logo designed, as well as all the required images, and text is currently being composed. Domain already purchased. Roughly 6 pages, with 2 of these having sub pages that are mainly image galleries. No ecommerce needed at the moment, but possibly in the future. Would like to be able to upload new images myself as they will change frequently. Also I will need to update text now and again.

I would like some element of SEO included as part of the deal. I'm hoping this will be more than just a brochure website - I really want it to be informative, with fresh content being updated constantly. It will need to link to FB, twitter etc. Possibly a blog. If anyone is interested in quoting please PM me with sample sites to review. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 redrow

Hi I have a sports club website and I am looking to pimp it up. I originally wrote the code in HTML and have 80% of the site designed. Can anyone recomend how to update the site with all the latest mod cons. or looking for somebody who would be prepared to work on it for a small fee.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ANewStart

Activation Energy is looking for an IT Development Manager with proven design and project delivery experience. The ability to present and support design decisions in co-operation with our system stakeholders is essential. As the position will involve a range of skillset requirements ranging from Design to ‘hands-on’ tasks such as setting up the company test bench, the candidate will have demonstrated in past positions the ability to deliver this skillset mix. In addition, the candidate will have extensive, demonstrable experience in:

· Telecoms/Data Communication architecture
    · Distributed data collection systems
    · Proposing and advocating system designs
    · Relational data modelling
    · SQL & Web technologies
    · Mission Critical System Management

Check out www.activationenergy.ie for more or email info@activationenergy.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭TheFiveLamps

Hey,looking for a simple one page website with a contact me section that would link to my email,twitter etc.

i dont have a logo either.

no photos would be needed on the website just a simple retro type design and a short bio etc.

if anyone would be interested and could get back to me with a price that would be sweet.

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

Hi,

I am looking for a simple brochure type website for a business, 2 or 3 pages with contact information, business/product summary and some photographs (some I have and I may need a couple of generic ones).
    No linking to social media is required.

I had thought about signing up to "Getting business online" If I did would it be possible to use the domain and upgrade the site?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

quattro777 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a simple brochure type website for a business, 2 or 3 pages with contact information, business/product summary and some photographs (some I have and I may need a couple of generic ones).

I had thought about signing up to "Getting business online" If I did would it be possible to use the domain and upgrade the site?

Thanks.

How do you mean "upgrade the site"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Romina Gigantic Sheepskin

Sully wrote: »
    quattro777 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

How do you mean "upgrade the site"?
    From reading elsewhere you cant change over from the template they provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Looking for a cheap simple one page website with a contact option on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

looking for someone to build me a small forum style website.

nothing major,just a couple of handful of threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TeresaDarling

Hi

I have built my website, registered with google and bing, had a sitemap built, scrubthe web have pointed out all my mistakes but now I have come to a standstill.

Can someone who knows how, put it all together for me for a reasonable rate?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boru05

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a quote for someone who can integrate realex securely into our existing site (which is basic and currently being revamped). We would need it so that it calculates the cost based on the customer entry so realex can charge the correct amount - also if we could receive a copy of the form when they complete the payment.

We're a registered charity so funds are limited....:)

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pict

Hi All,

I am searching for someone who can set up a site using a wordpress theme (or similar) for a small retail outlet. We have graphic design experience so that side of things will be done in-house. We have some web-development experience ourselves as well, but its gone rather rusty with lack of use....

Ideally we would like close integration with social media (as per fitzcycles.ie) and easy to update CMS. There may also be a need for a 'gallery' type functionality for the site where users can browse through 30/40 photos, google ranking important. Right now no need for e-commerce.

We're based in sount Dublin though not sure how many face-to-face meetings will be necessary. Portfolio and contactable references crucial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lilylugs

Up until now I sold my products in Ireland and the UK through small retailers, I've recently upgraded my packaging which now allows me to approach bigger retailers. I'm looking to get a pdf brochure designed which I can then email to potential resellers and a simple website. The brochure should be no more than 3 pages long with information on; product, about us, contact details. I have logo's and other branding material.

The site will be a simple site selling 2 products and including: Home, Contact Details, About Us. The 2 x products Credit Card / Laser (Realex or something similar) payment options.

Domain name/hosting is already purchased and set up.

Please PM me with your proposal, breakdown of cost, work carried out previously and any other queries you might have.

Thanks in advance,
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The company I work for has inherited an enterprise application which we are now in the process of heavily modifying. The front-end of the application is quite inconsistent and needs a more modern and user-friendly user interface applied and style guide defined. To this end we are in need of a web designer to take on this task.

If you're interested in the technical details, the application itself is an ASP.NET Web application running on version 4.0 of the .NET Framework and hosted on the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform. It uses SQL Server 2008 for the database and jQuery for various client-side operations and bits of functionality.

The client and the company I work for are both based in Galway so for meetings and so on it would be best if interested applicants are based in the West of Ireland.

If you are interested in this or you want more information please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2tek

Looking for someone to design a website.

Its a DJ Lighting and Sound Services Website.

More like a brochure

I ve got a Logo

i ve got the word content of each page i ve considered

Please PM me if interested

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Hi all,

Looking for someone to create a logo and mascot for a new website.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Markol77

I need an interface designer to create a website interface design in Photoshop/Fireworks for a community website. I will supply a more detailed outline and photos once contract is agreed.

Deliverable is single layered editable PSD or Fireworks PNG.

Experts only please, this is a re-design and must look GREAT.

Please link to your portfolio of designs and outline the cost and delivery time.
    Again, please don't post unless you are an experienced designer with an excellent portfolio of website interfaces.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cws

Hi, I'm looking for someone to market a website that sells specific fitness equipment. I may have more work available for the right candidate after completion of this project. PM me for details, including examples of previous work and ballpark prices for your marketing campaigns. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a graphic designer to work with my company on a small project for one of our clients. We have the tech expertise but not so much graphics design and are in need of one for this project. We are a young company but envisage more projects down the line. PM me if you are available/interested.

Thanks
    Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kanko

Hi,

I’m writing to you on behalf of a recently formed Cork charity called the Muskerry Autism Support Group.

We are a group of parents of autistic children who are in dire need of structured resources. We wish to create a website as part of our agenda to provide support, raise awareness and possibly fundraise.
    While we have a limited budget and obviously need to stretch it as far as possible, we have put a lot of thought into the concept and what we hope it would look like. We have registered the name peekaboo.ie, and have held a photoshoot of the children "peeking" out through the letters of the word Autism. The theme here is a play on the childrens game but for us it is symbolic - we want these kids to play a part in contributing to society - drawing attention to themselves is an integral part of that process.

We would like a site that is visually attractive that will encourage repeat visits and have social networking functionality. We would hope to add and remove content regularly. We have already registered our preferred domain name.

If you believe you would be in a position to help us with this please contact me
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Hi Guys

I'm the founder of Studenty.me. We've a very basic WordPress beta site,
    but have a hugely improved site planned for launch late August, with a much better model. We also have a very realistic monetisation strategy, plus plans to apply our model to other markets.

I'm seeking high calibre WordPress/Joomla Web Developers & Web Designers to join the leadership team (on a part-time basis) which is otherwise complete.

As we've no revenue yet, reward is via stock options in Studenty (Ireland), plus other countries as we grow. We plan to be able to offer salaries next Spring. We're very committed to being commercially successful, but social responsibility will be central to all we do.

If you have the development / design skills we're looking for, please PM me asap to have a very informal chat.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 epact

Hi,

I help businesses improve their websites for search ranking and conversions.

As part of the process sometimes a redesign of elements maybe required or a new website.

In the past I have worked with oDesk contractors but I am looking for some in the Galway area who I can work with on some projects.

This person must have a lot of experience with Photoshop and excellent design skills and attention to detail.

Your designs will be passed to developers for coding for the chosen CMS.

Please give links to some of your designs and outline a rough estimate of costs and availability details.

Please PM me.

Thanks,
    Derek

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hello, I need someone with PHP/MySql experience who can do a website migration for me.

The site is here: it's built on LAMP - it's a close script I bought but I have now sold the site and I want it migrated to another persons server. There is also a new update on the site - but I have the original code and full instructions for installing the site and the update. Hopefully a future relationship will be forged as the new owner of the site will require further development and wants someone he can call on it.

Please send me a pm for more info if you might be able to help
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have a little nixer for someone who knows there way around PHP and MySQL

Booking form with a few specifics in it - some fields will be populated based on previous selections etc.

Will be paypal integration.

Need quick and professional turnaround time so please only apply if you have the know how for this.

Pm for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

Hi all, looking someone who knows there way around wordpress and woo commerce. Got a site that needs some tweaking. Pm me if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

A friend of mine asked me to take over his website. I can only do brochure sites with a basic cart. His website is way beyond my skill level.

He has already spent over 25k over four years and has a functional eCommerce website (with a couple of hundred products) but modifications are costing a fortune and trust has broken down.

He wants his website setup so that his computer savvy staff can add content and change prices etc.

We are somewhat concerned about ownership of the work done to date, and a smooth transfer from one web designer to another.

I will need references from you ...... the more the better. This customer would be a good addition to anyone's portfolio of websites.

I can assure you, that this person will not mess you about and that you will get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Hi,

We have just set up a company together, two java programmers with Master's Degree in Computer Science and a project manager/founder.

We are working on signing our first contract to redo a website for a well-funded organisation in youth development in Dublin and need an experienced designer. The project has not been hammered out in detail, we are still gathering requirements and we are not sure if it will be done in a developer framework like groovy on Grails or as a wordpress/Joomla site.

We are also working on a start up and are applying for Launchpad, NDRC, next month to finance its development. The idea would be that we would like to find a designer to work on this first contract on the basis that they would join the start up team. This means less risk on both sides as we don't give a stake in our company early and you don't risk your time/effort for no money without getting to know us first.

The start up business is the reason we are coming together, not the side contracts, so we want someone with entrepreneurial motivations like ourselves.

Our team:
    Developers: Expert in javascript, Java, Groovy & Grails, MySQL, some PHP, HTML/CSS, JQuery and uses Hibernate and Spring frameworks.

Commercial Lead/Project Manager: requirements gatherer/product designer/sales and market research/UMLs/learning to code in ruby on Rails with a little CSS and HTML in evening course/general know-it-all...

We also have two other developers who want to work with us, one Java developer who runs his own company in Brazil with 10 years experience who is finding it difficult to find part-time work due to Visa issues. The second is an expert PHP developer with experience in other languages, frame-works and web tools like Wordpress and joomla... currently working with the Irish Times.

We are currently looking around our own networks but so far we haven't found someone suitable - we haven't been looking long though.

Drop me a pm if you wish - we are looking for someone a natural & proficient designer and we guarantee you'll enjoy working with us.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Hi all,

Ok i'm looking for a freebie for charity:o

I'm involved in a 10 day ultra triathlon in 2013 and we need a logo to put on our facebook page, website ( design for free sourced ) and fingers crossed on our kit ( t shirts, cycle kits )

If anyone could do us this favour for good karma we'd love it.

We'll give you a thank you on the facebook page and website and as i said amazing karma will come your way.

If you can do this we'll do an 18k swim, 648k cycle and 245k run over 10 days for Irish Cancer Society and Action Autism Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clickter

Hey, I'm an online marketing graduate from Galway, looking to work with some designers, share ideas, maybe get a project off the ground.

PM me if you've any thoughts.

clickter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Studenty me is unique. We're building the world's first global online student community. We've completed several months of beta testing and we've just started to design and build Studenty 2.0, which based on all we've learnt, will be a big leap forward and a radically improved website. We also have a series of related online start-ups planned and if successful, will take all of them global.

We're now recruiting a team of skilled part-time Web Developers with CMS experience to help us deliver Studenty 2.0
    The challenge: Research, build and maintain a student focused online community platform featuring effective use of multimedia and open access to our audience of 400,000 third level students across the island of Ireland, plus New York and London. (A full GB launch is planned for summer 2013)

To be effective in this role you'll need: In depth web development skills. A highly organised approach. Passion for all you do and the ability to work effectively in a team.
    These roles aren't paid currently, however to undergrads and postgrads we're offering the opportunity to participate in an innovative, full cycle commercial project led by industry professionals, which will be a great addition to your CV and really set you apart from the crowd. If you stay with us, we'll offer share options (ownership) in Studenty plus part-time or full-time paid roles next summer, if we meet our revenue targets.

For experienced web developers, generous share options are on offer, plus salaries as soon as revenue allows.

To have an informal chat about this role and Studenty, send your CV, highlighting applicable skills and experience to Mike@Studenty.me

*Studenty is committed to building a successful business, as a platform for our ambitious student focused social responsibility agenda which aims to help every student improve their college experience*

Advertisement