Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Reillyman wrote: »
    Gort

Oh yeah..Your the guy from Sligo... or Mayo.. :p
    Just wanna get an idea of how many first years will be there.. Everyone I know going to Galway are booked into Corrib :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Yes that's right, Mayo and proud. Yeah I've a few mates goin to Corrib too, gonna head up one of the nights and check out the place. What course you doin?

Computer Science and IT hopefully...
    Failing that,Biotechnology or Undenomonated science.

Do you know of any others staying in Gort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Not at the moment, one of my good friends is on the waitin list so I'd say he'll get in. Ara sure the whole reason I went to Gort was to meet new people and stuff, Corrib would be cool but I know I'd be stuck with the same group of people I hang around with now ya know. Can't wait to go now.

Financial Maths and Economics for myself hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Haven't really looked for a place yet...

Guess i'll be staying in a regular house, failing that I would have to stay with relations, that's not nice :mad:

Woo, CS& IT !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

ciano1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah..Your the guy from Sligo... or Mayo.. :p
    Just wanna get an idea of how many first years will be there.. Everyone I know going to Galway are booked into Corrib :(

You're the Clonmel lad yeah? AFAIK there are about 2 Clonmel 1st years heading to Gort, but most are hitting Corrib..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

nobbo wrote: »
    You're the Clonmel lad yeah? AFAIK there are about 2 Clonmel 1st years heading to Gort, but most are hitting Corrib..

Ugh, Clonmel....Nenagh FTW !

nobbo wrote: »

Yup..Thats me :)

I'm the only person I know heading to Gort.
    I know of at least 3 or 4 who are heading to Corrib

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

If any of ye are interested, we've a single ensuite yet to fill in the apt we're goin renting in Snipe Ave, PM me for details :)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 local bloke

Hey Im going into second year in NUI Galway.I am in the process of searching for student accommadation(very late).I went to corrib last year and really hated the place,I have heard nothing good about amrah house and gort and cuirt are booked out.

I have followed this thread for a while and I cant find anything about Atlantis apartments.can someone please tell me about what the place is like

Two other places came to my mind :Dunaras and menlo park
    If someone knows much about these places please tell me

other reccommendations are welcome CHEERS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055902248

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Sooo...

Anyone hoping to go to NUIG next year.. Where are ye booked into?
    Cuirt. Anyone else staying there?

Foxx92 wrote: »

Weren't you one of the people who was gonna book Gort a while back?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Weren't you one of the people who was gonna book Gort a while back?? :eek:
    Yup, applied to both to be safe and got cuirt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MissMiami

Hey Im going into second year in NUI Galway.I am in the process of searching for student accommadation(very late).I went to corrib last year and really hated the place,I have heard nothing good about amrah house and gort and cuirt are booked out.

I have followed this thread for a while and I cant find anything about Atlantis apartments.can someone please tell me about what the place is like

other reccommendations are welcome CHEERS

You could try Centre Point too, although it is about a half an hour walk from college so a bike would be really handy! The accomodation is absolute top quality and even has an underground car park.....and a dishwasher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Ive barely even thought about accomodation i was so terrified about the leavin... I have a relative in Galway tht has offered me a room, but they live near salthill pretty far out.....and I would rather live near other students as I know nobody else going to Galway!
    Im guessing its too late to apply anywhere, what are my chances of getting a place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

you could put your name down and you'll be put on a waiting list. there's going to be a good number of leaving cert. students who will cancel because they can't go to galway.

best to try at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Snas

Foxx92 wrote: »

Yap I'm staying at Cuirt as well. :)

Sorry for the double post but just lookng for some more information on Cuirt.

The letting agreement makes it sound like a concentration camp with no visitors allowed past 11pm, a max of two visitors per apartment and advanced registration required for overnight guests, and no posters allowed on the walls, to give but a few examples.

Is it really that strict? Do they enforce all of these rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Snas wrote: »
    Sorry for the double post but just lookng for some more information on Cuirt.

The letting agreement makes it sound like a concentration camp with no visitors allowed past 11pm, a max of two visitors per apartment and advanced registration required for overnight guests, and no posters allowed on the walls, to give but a few examples.

Is it really that strict? Do they enforce all of these rules?

I've visited at 2am and there was no hassle, dunno about overnight guests but I doub't they'd know if you had any

Most places don't allow posters on the walls, take them down for inspections and you should have no hassle.

• Advertisement

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I've visited at 2am and there was no hassle, dunno about overnight guests but I doub't they'd know if you had any

Most places don't allow posters on the walls, take them down for inspections and you should have no hassle.

thanks a million that's reassuring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tgav32

DONT GO TO DONEGAN COURT WHATEVER YOU DO!!!

tgav32 wrote: »
    DONT GO TO DONEGAN COURT WHATEVER YOU DO!!!

Okay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maroogles

I only started looking for accommodation today, like an idiot! Tried Corrib Village and they only have twin rooms left! Really want to go to Corrib Village but I'm afraid if I accept the twin room I could end up with some weirdo! What to do, what to do? Should I just take the room or look elsewhere?

maroogles wrote: »
    I only started looking for accommodation today, like an idiot! Tried Corrib Village and they only have twin rooms left! Really want to go to Corrib Village but I'm afraid if I accept the twin room I could end up with some weirdo! What to do, what to do? Should I just take the room or look elsewhere?

Take the room and pray someone in a single room decides to move out during the year or one of the foreign exchange students leaves. (Corrib Village really is worth it).

Or

Go to Gort/Cuirt/Dunaras where there are fewer first years but still, they're not bad.

Or

Find out if any of your mates are moving down and get a private house near Corrib Village.

Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭hokeypokey

i have the same problem...

Check out the Accommodation Office, worth a ring if you're stuck!

http://www.nuigalway.ie/accommodation_office/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maroogles

Thanks for the advice! :) Decided to just take the twin room, I'm on the the waiting list so there's a chance single rooms will open next week. If not I'll probably get one at Christmas time, I'll just have to endure it 'til then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Hey all :)

Think I might be going for a twin room too.This is my first year so please god I don't end up sharing with some axe murderer(knowing my luck I'll end up with one).Its pretty pricey though all the same, better be money well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsokay

maroogles wrote: »
    but I'm afraid if I accept the twin room I could end up with some weirdo
    haha lads the people ur going to be sharing with are gonna be in exactly the same situation as ye. sure ye might even make a new best friend:cool:

Advertisement