Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical & How long have you been waiting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

irishgti wrote: »
    A.G.S wrote: »
    You will be fine! just keep with the running and where heavy clothing to sweat as much as possible while jogging. Go to the sauna the day before your medical if you can to shed some more weight, and most importantly dont eat anything before your medical! do all of this you should be fine :) Ive experience in cutting weight from boxing, it aint nice but it will pay off :) dont defer your medical just train hard and cut the weight, sweat is only fat crying :D

Haha tnks AGS i have been wanting and waiting for this for too long just to fuc* it up at the last bit. i just wonder how exact are they in measuring your BMI?
    Your medical in middle of May loads of time, this something you want you will get it just keep doing what your doing jogging, don't delay it go for it you should be fine I have seen some reserves some are Big they obv had no problem. If you don't mind me asking how long roughly had it taking you to get to the medical. After ur interview with Super. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭irishgti

smiley963 wrote: »
    Your medical in middle of May loads of time, this something you want you will get it just keep doing what your doing jogging, don't delay it go for it you should be fine I have seen some reserves some are Big they obv had no problem. If you don't mind me asking how long roughly had it taking you to get to the medical. After ur interview with Super. :-)
    Tnks smiley god its been going on so long i kinda forget i kno i did my written exam and interview around end of 2009,I think i meet the super around Nov last year. my application was held up for ages because i work in a bar

Tnks smiley god its been going on so long i kinda forget i kno i did my written exam and interview around end of 2009,I think i meet the super around Nov last year. my application was held up for ages because i work in a bar
    My Background checks started the end of January and I had 9 in total on them and of the 9 I think 4 had come to the attention of guards but I'm not in contact with any of them. So bit annoying it can hold you up.

My Background checks started the end of January and I had 9 in total on them and of the 9 I think 4 had come to the attention of guards but I'm not in contact with any of them. So bit annoying it can hold you up.
    I kno what u mean from what i have seen its gona be a long wait, i dont know what they do in the backround check it must look into family in sum dept i dont know how it would stop you from getting into GR if u have not been in trouble yourself. best of luck i hope you hear back soon. maby drop them a call just to ''REMIND'' them

I kno what u mean from what i have seen its gona be a long wait, i dont know what they do in the backround check it must look into family in sum dept i dont know how it would stop you from getting into GR if u have not been in trouble yourself. best of luck i hope you hear back soon. maby drop them a call just to ''REMIND'' them
    Oh most definitly I always remind them I'll ring the end of the month and see how it is hopefully hear before that. Goodluck let us no how you get on. :-)

• Advertisement

Oh most definitly I always remind them I'll ring the end of the month and see how it is hopefully hear before that. Goodluck let us no how you get on. :-)
    Tnks Smiley will do best of luck yourself too:D

Tnks Smiley will do best of luck yourself too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cozzy66

hayzer wrote: »
    I'm sure it is different for every individual but in my case - Medical last week, Templemore tomorrow. So could work.

Hey just wondering how you got on in phase 1 in the end ? Any information they gave out or about next intakes and any changes or things like that? What was it like for the 2 days up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Veni Vidi Vici

Had my final interview the other day. Went well and he said he's happy to recommend me. The only downside is he said the Guards won't be recruiting full time until 2015...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Passed my medical yesterday! Won't be long now... What happens on phase one again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

shaunerz wrote: »
    Passed my medical yesterday! Won't be long now... What happens on phase one again?

Congratulations :) how long where you waiting for your medical ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Since 2009!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 collw2

Also passed during the week :)

http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?page=1631 according tho this it seems like a general introduction phase.

collw2 wrote: »
    Also passed during the week :)

http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?page=1631 according tho this it seems like a general introduction phase.
    Passed the medical there on Thursday so looking forward to starting training soon, best of luck to all that I meet on the day a nice bunch of guys and girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 carlbre

passed on thursday too, delighted!! lets hope we get the official offer for templemore soon :)

carlbre wrote: »
    passed on thursday too, delighted!! lets hope we get the official offer for templemore soon :)

Hopefully we will get the E-mail today with all the details

Does anybody have any idea of when the next intake for phase is planned. I have my medical the 7th of June, Wondering would I be waiting long after that provided I do pass. Was there many in waiting with you when getting your medical checks complete??

cozzy66 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea of when the next intake for phase is planned. I have my medical the 7th of June, Wondering would I be waiting long after that provided I do pass. Was there many in waiting with you when getting your medical checks complete??

There were 14 or so people there that day, there is a intake in June and after that not until September again i believe. They tell you on the day if u pass or not.

There were 14 or so people there that day, there is a intake in June and after that not until September again i believe. They tell you on the day if u pass or not.

Did all the 14 pass do you know? any idea how big they make phase 1 classes, like would there be a hundred or so in it, or a lot less than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Did all the 14 pass do you know? any idea how big they make phase 1 classes, like would there be a hundred or so in it, or a lot less than that?

About 30 per class.

• Advertisement

no sign of it for me today, how about yourself?

No Nothing here i think i will gave them a buzz tomoro..........

I wish I had my Medical !!

i might drop them an e-mail tomorrow, they did say it would be friday or monday but that it depends on how fast they get files from the medical over to them.

smiley it can be a long wait from handing in the br form. I was 13 months from handing the form in to meeting the super, then just under 3 months till the medical. you just have to be patient!

just got the mail, now all i have to do is clear it with work! :D

just got the mail, now all i have to do is clear it with work! :D
    well done, what date were you called down for? I have my medical the 7th of June provided I pass is there any hope do you think of being called into a up-coming training?

well done, what date were you called down for? I have my medical the 7th of June provided I pass is there any hope do you think of being called into a up-coming training?

hey cozzy66, i've been called down for 14th of June, i have no idea if you would be called for the same being as its so close to your medical. they did tell us that they like to give at least a months notice even though we were just inside the month. best of luck with the medical!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Falony

Hi could someone tell me what's the process when you go for your medical. What happens on the day????

Passed my medical a few weeks ago now. Do you get any confirmation email or letter to say so? Or is all you hear from the doctor telling you that you have passed?? Also anyone hear or know of when the next intake to training is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Passed my medical a few weeks ago now. Do you get any confirmation email or letter to say so? Or is all you hear from the doctor telling you that you have passed?? Also anyone hear or know of when the next intake to training is?

Ring Hq and find out, they will send you an email when the next intake is. its in September by the way so you will be waiting.

Advertisement