Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricky Gervais announces World Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Are they sold out? I can't get any tickets on ticketmaster still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

funkyflea wrote: »
    Are they sold out? I can't get any tickets on ticketmaster still.

me too

btw, I think this O2 pre-sale thing is total BS, meaning that you pretty much have to sign up to one of their phones for life if you ever want to get a concert ticket

hopefully they'll have a 2nd night on the saturday, his next night in back in the UK on the Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

me too

btw, I think this O2 pre-sale thing is total BS, meaning that you pretty much have to sign up to one of their phones for life if you ever want to get a concert ticket

hopefully they'll have a 2nd night on the saturday, his next night in back in the UK on the Monday

I wouldn't bother with the O2 presale ever again. They give you the worst seats :confused:

Yeah, I'm pretty certain they will announce a second night if it is sold out...well, that's what I was told anyway. I was going to hold out for that if I couldn't get good seats last week but I managed to get them in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheCrimsonClown

Any particular reason the age limit is 18s and not the usual 16s (like it is for gigs)? Two of my mates might have troubles getting in if they're strict about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Only 10 - 15% of tickets are allocated to o2 customers so you have just as much a chance as everyone else really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Does anyone know what time things will kick off or if there will be a warm-up act?

My tickets says 7.30pm surely he won't be on til 8.30pm?

The reason is, I cant leave Blessington,Wicklow til 6.30pm which is 40mins drive (God knows what its like in traffic). Can anyone reassure me i wont miss anything or am i better of getting of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Does anyone know what time things will kick off or if there will be a warm-up act?

My tickets says 7.30pm surely he won't be on til 8.30pm?

The reason is, I cant leave Blessington,Wicklow til 6.30pm which is 40mins drive (God knows what its like in traffic). Can anyone reassure me i wont miss anything or am i better of getting of work?

for someone like him i would almost bet he will come out, taske a break and come back, most shows start early now in the new point as the curfew is iron clad and ridiculously strict! you may be best off playing it safe!

sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear :p

for someone like him i would almost bet he will come out, taske a break and come back, most shows start early now in the new point as the curfew is iron clad and ridiculously strict! you may be best off playing it safe!

sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear :p

Haha not really but hey, its Ricky Gervais.
    plus according to the tickets they dont let anyone in while the show is on so i might aswell bite the bullet!

10 days!! I am incapacitated with excitement. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Has anyone that bought their tickets & chose "post" as delivery received them? I booked tickets AGES ago & haven't received them!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Untz1234

Do Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and that other guy, Karl?? ever do live stand up? Would be great.

I imagine it would be mostly improv like their show.

Has anyone that bought their tickets & chose "post" as delivery received them? I booked tickets AGES ago & haven't received them!?

I think I just selected the standard mail option but I got mine weeks ago. Maybe shoot Ticketmaster an email? :confused:

P.S Not to sound smart, but you're sure you didn't select TicketFast option where you print out your own tickets? That happened to my friend once.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

I think I just selected the standard mail option but I got mine weeks ago. Maybe shoot Ticketmaster an email? :confused:

P.S Not to sound smart, but you're sure you didn't select TicketFast option where you print out your own tickets? That happened to my friend once.

Thanks, I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

Yeah 100% sure I selected post as I don't trust myself with Ticketfast :)

Thanks, I'll give them a shout tomorrow.

Yeah 100% sure I selected post as I don't trust myself with Ticketfast :)

they say on the email do NOT contact us unless you have not received the tickets 72 hours before the gig, this will be the stock responce they give you, it will be a "wait and see" answer, and then a few days before hand they will print duplicates! making the originals null and void!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Hey guys do you think this is still going ahead? due to the volcano ash etc

I would assume so! Sure he can just get the boat over?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

I'd be gutted if it was cancelled. Been looking forward to seeing Ricky live for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I can't wait for this gig, I'll be really disappointed if it's cancelled. When should we know if it is cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

My friend is doing a work placement in the O2 and he's supposed to be working at this on Friday night. I asked him about it and he said that they haven't contacted him to say it's cancelled, so he doesn't see why it won't go ahead!

I would be absolutely devastated if it was cancelled. I've wanted to see Ricky for aaaaaaages. I'm even going on my own to this and I never go to shows on my own! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Really looking forward to it, saw him in on the Politics tour a few years back and it was a great night

Anybody know of a support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

Says on his blog that he has a helicopter on standby if flights are still off. 12 grand it'll cost him, doesn't sound too happy about that.
    I've got a helicopter on standby in case there is still a jet ban. 12 ****ing grand it's costing me. Every other ****er is cancelling left, right and ******* centre. I'm forking out like a right twat... "Hello Dublin!!!"
    http://rickygervais.com/thissideofthetruth.php

Ah I'd say he's taking the piss. He could easily get a boat across, like.

At least we know he's still coming!! :D

is the bar pricey at the O2 and can you bring drink in to the show with you??

i find a few beers at a comedy gig gives it a little 'Jenny say qua'

Thank God he has a plan B :)

Does anyone know about getting the Luas to the O2? I'll be getting on at the red cow then hopping off at Jervis then hopping back on. Do I need to transfer at busaras or are there certain trams that by-pass Connolly and go directly to The Point?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Of course he's taking the piss it's Ricky after all. Delighted it's going ahead I can't wait.

theflesh wrote: »
    Says on his blog that he has a helicopter on standby if flights are still off. 12 grand it'll cost him, doesn't sound too happy about that.

http://rickygervais.com/thissideofthetruth.php

Clearly ripping the p!ss! hence the "hello dublin"
    is the bar pricey at the O2 and can you bring drink in to the show with you??

Bar prices differ in the point (it is the point)

The main bars are €6.30 a pint
    The Blue Room is €6 even
    The Members only/indigo lounge is €6.15

and yeah you can bring the drink in to your seat....they even have cup holders in the seats in front of you for you!
    Stephen P wrote: »
    Thank God he has a plan B :)

Does anyone know about getting the Luas to the O2? I'll be getting on at the red cow then hopping off at Jervis then hopping back on. Do I need to transfer at busaras or are there certain trams that by-pass Connolly and go directly to The Point?

The one at the red cow will go directly to the point! Every other one goes direct (the ones in between go to connolly and terminate there)

Thanks for that :)

Just got this email from MCD
    Yes as of now, the Ricky Gervais show is going ahead as planned.

Thank you for your email,

MCD

Can't wait!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pilotsnipes

Arrgh, 5 mates can't make it to this gig due to the fact they're still on coaches coming up through France!

45 euro face value each for them if anyone wants them? Block B. I'll be going with me bird, I can meet you at the O2 first and let you all walk in first to show there's no funny business!

PM me :-)

Advertisement