Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricky Gervais announces World Tour

Options
  • 13-01-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i am praying for an irish date (or 7) he played the point a few years ago which sold out, he could come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

Scien wrote: »
    Even though I'd love it, I can't see it happening. The O2 doesn't really fit in when he's playing places like Wembley, Madison Square Gardens & LA's Nokia Theatre.

what do you mean by this? size wise? wembley arena holds about 12k, the wamu theatre in MSG holds 5600, the nokia theatre holds 7000, the o2 point holds 10,000-11,000 for a seated gig that fits in perfectly tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

what do you mean by this? size wise? wembley arena holds about 12k, the wamu theatre in MSG holds 5600, the nokia theatre holds 7000, the o2 point holds 10,000-11,000 for a seated gig that fits in perfectly tbh!

Probably meant doesn't fit in in terms of prestige?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I have never understood why anyone would choose to see a stand-up in a massive stadium. I'd never go to see one in a venue bigger than Vicar Street, say. You may as well just wait for the DVD.

• Advertisement

Probably meant doesn't fit in in terms of prestige?

cant see why though, he played in the shed that was the point on his "politics" tour!

i f*cking told you...mr "The O2 doesn't really fit in when he's playing places like Wembley, Madison Square Gardens & LA's Nokia Theatre."

awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I was in the college library when I found out the April 23rd show. I had to cover my mouth I got so excited. It's ****ing RICKY GERVAIS!!!!! He is one of my heroes!!! I've been waiting for years to see him and I was looking at going to one of the Manchester shows but then saw the O2 date on ticketmaster! Yuuusssssss!!!! Can't effing wait!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ipnface

Anybody know how to get a preorder code from O2 for the presale on Wednesday? I can't find out how anywhere online so far...

^ That's exactly what I want to know too! I have been checking it since Friday and there's still no metion of it on the blueroom page...stress!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Looking forward to seeing Science for the 2nd time :) !

just sorted 4 tickets!! :D not happy with where they are but f*ckit, its ricky gervais!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheCrimsonClown

It kept on giving me rubbish seats, now I'm getting nothing at all. :confused:

Edit: Got 'em! :D

Phew! Glad i'm not the only one who keeps getting crap seats. I'm going to wait until Friday morning to try again. I was there at 9 AM and there was just no flat seating available....even though they only just went on sale. I had one really good one, 5 rows from the front of the first tiered block but I lost it because the page crashed :(

Fingers crossed I get something on Friday!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

how many tickets are available after the o2 alloaction. was trying for Florence and the Machine last week - no joy

I just booked 2 tickets right there in the flat seating section, 6 rows from the front!! There was a platinum seating option that wasn't there during the presales!! Wow, SO glad I waited until today!!! (Ok, tickets were actually €60 for the flat seats, but like, it's Ricky Gervais....TOTALLY worth it!!) :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

just got three as well, was shocked to get them to be honest. Site crashed on me twice in the process - not a fun way to start your friday!

Did you get platinum as well? :)

Yeah, initially mine kept saying that the security code I was entering was incorrect but it wasn't at all! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Im such a doofus! bought the regular priced tickets but then saw the platinum option was still available thanks to the previous poster and then got them as well. Hopefully will be able to offload the first two I bought. Cant believe I paid that much money but it was for a birthday present for the OH.

steve_r wrote: »
    how many tickets are available after the o2 alloaction. was trying for Florence and the Machine last week - no joy

10% of the capacity.....so florence would have been a 14,000 standing (approx) so 1,400!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tanad

If anybody has any tickets, preferably good seating, for sale for the show please contact me on repulsivemonkey@eircom.net
    Don't mind paying over the odds for them if they're good.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

I got 5th row centre in the flat seating :D

I got 5th row centre in the flat seating :D

Right in front of me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Are these completely sold out? Only just heard about it, no tickets whatsoever coming up on ticketmaster. :(

I heard a rumour that a second date was going to be added if the 23rd sold out. Fingers crossed! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Got mine! Row E! :)

Saw him 3 years ago in London - was brilliant!!!! Can't wait to see him here! ♠

Advertisement