Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options
18586878890

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    thanks for the help guy's i was getting confused with all the different choices.

    thanks for the heads up nuttyboy79.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio


    Let us know how you get on


  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on

    will do


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee


    J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'd reccomend this starter kit to you: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireistick.htm

    The iStick is brilliant and is almost universally loved now. People are raving about the mini nautilus. For the nautilus you just need replacement coils to swap as they wear, i believe the kit comes with some. Get some wingnuts liquid too.

    I'm not familiar with the website you've mentioned or the product either neccesarily. I would recommend the above site or thebestshop.eu. Your product looks ok but I think better to go for that i've listed as its universally adored right now and ive not come across yours i.e. its probably not well known.


    1) Battery life - iStick is rechargeable through micro usb and a charge can last about two days depending on use, which is very impressive for such a small, pretty device.

    2) Easy of use - simple to use and is variable voltage and wattage i.e. change v or w to get your ideal vapour output. The Nautilus is handy looking as well, just change the coil when it wears out. Should get at least a week.

    3) Easily available parts/components - BVC coils is all you need to replace really and these are available from almost all ecig shops of worth and almost all ecig sites.

    4) Should be a solid product - istick is solid. Nautilus may or may not be glass though. Could be pyrex, not sure. Maybe get a spare.



    Picked up this kit last week and after using it on a night out for the first time it was a great succssess.. A couple of questions though.

    1) How long do you get out of the BVC coils, if im only using on a night out and never during ordinary days??? Also how do you know that its time to change the coil???

    2) When tank is empty but you want to put different e juice into it, is there a method to do this or just clean out and top up??

    Cheers


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff


    You'll notice the juice tastes a bit off when the coil needs changing, they last about a week to ten days of fairly heavy use. If you're only using it on nights out it'll last months.

    I usually just put the new juice straight in, it takes a while for the new flavour to come in.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    Eleaf iStick, Aspire Nautilus Mini ordered.got some extra 1.6ohm coils and some TBS Premium eLiquid espresso 12mg and LIQUA eLiquid cherry 18mg.Also quit drinking coffee so I'm looking forward to the espresso taste.

    i got the 10% discount from the code irishvape but i don't think i got the 10% store discount, i dropped them an email just in case.Should be here next Thursday or Friday and i will let ye know how i get on.

    i certainly would have made a bad choice if i did not come here so thanks again.


  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79


    Nice choice LazyPicti ;) as fair as I know the 10% off is part of the price that's why its so cheap. Like I said in an earlier post get yourself into a vaping shop to try some other juices most if not all of them will let you try before you buy. Its a whole new world out there for you. Good luck with it.
    Also if your on Facebook join the Irish Vaping group its another great place to get help, info and support.


  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Nice choice LazyPicti ;) as fair as I know the 10% off is part of the price that's why its so cheap. Like I said in an earlier post get yourself into a vaping shop to try some other juices most if not all of them will let you try before you buy. Its a whole new world out there for you. Good luck with it.
    Also if your on Facebook join the Irish Vaping group its another great place to get help, info and support.

    ah i see i feel daft now for sending the email.i think there is a shop called kix or kik something like that, do you know if they are any good.I'm not on facebook but i will check twitter for them.


  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79


    LazyPicti wrote: »
    ah i see i feel daft now for sending the email.i think there is a shop called kix or kik something like that, do you know if they are any good.I'm not on facebook but i will check twitter for them.
    I could be wrong and you'll end up with some money back ;)
    If the shop near you is this company http://www.getyourkix.com/products
    I'd stay away from their equipment you've already got better in what you've ordered from The Best Shop, but I don't know about their juices so go in and have a try of them if you can you never know.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio


    Yep, what youve ordered will be cheaper and better than whats available in kix. Also can't really comment on their liquid but its good to go to an ecig shop to try liquids and have a chat.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    yes thebestshop store prices already had the discount applied :) .can't wait for my ecig, this is worse than Christmas.

    i will head down next week see what kix has and have a try.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed


    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yep, what youve ordered will be cheaper and better than whats available in kix. Also can't really comment on their liquid but its good to go to an ecig shop to try liquids and have a chat.

    Agree with this, the stuff in Kix is very expensive and often a generation behind (at least on the MVP). Their juice is like a watered down, nasty Dekang type stuff. It put me completely off vaping when I first tried it to be honest. It's a matter of personal taste, but I'd rather drink bleach than use it again. I'm not THAT fussy either I'm fine with dekang, liqua etc. by the way.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee


    Any suggestions of best online irish store that stocks Wingnuts range.
    Think I might start out there on my first steps into vaping. Am I right in assuming that there products would be rated high enough or what would say be the top 3 companies be for manufacturing e liquid, in people opinions.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio


    As far as I'm aware Wingnuts are the house range of e-smokeireland.eu. they are well thought of for sure.

    A lot of it is pretty subjective tbh.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond


    Glebee wrote: »
    Any suggestions of best online irish store that stocks Wingnuts range.
    Think I might start out there on my first steps into vaping. Am I right in assuming that there products would be rated high enough or what would say be the top 3 companies be for manufacturing e liquid, in people opinions.

    Their nut juice is my all day vape and has been for a about 4/5 months.

    In the last 9 months Ive tried the bones of 40-50 different juices from everywhere. Its defo one of the better ones....


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee


    cheers guys, i see they also do a taster kit (5nr, 7ml vials)of wingnut juices, will try them out


  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    received my istick today, a like it a lot.Solid and quality little machine along with the Nautilus mini.I'm certain this can replace my tobacco i haven't smoked a rollup all day and i feel fine.i have it on 6w 3.4v with a 1.9ohm coil and getting a good vape with lots of taste and vapor,though not the clouds you see online, More experimenting to do i think.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond


    LazyPicti wrote: »
    received my istick today, a like it a lot.Solid and quality little machine along with the Nautilus mini.I'm certain this can replace my tobacco i haven't smoked a rollup all day and i feel fine.i have it on 6w 3.4v with a 1.9ohm coil and getting a good vape with lots of taste and vapor,though not the clouds you see online, More experimenting to do i think.

    Id go up to maybe 3.9V or 4.0V and you should notice a difference cloud wise without getting any burnt taste...

    Presume its the BVC coils you are using?


  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    yep BVC coils, 3.9v is a little rough on the back of the throat and it lingers a bit to but i put that down to it being my first day or the juice.Tomorrow i will keep it at 3.9v and try another juice and strength I'm sure i twill start to get better.

    is getting a little queasy normal after a vape, it only lasts till i get a few breaths of air again.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski


    LazyPicti wrote: »
    yep BVC coils, 3.9v is a little rough on the back of the throat and it lingers a bit to but i put that down to it being my first day or the juice.Tomorrow i will keep it at 3.9v and try another juice and strength I'm sure i twill start to get better.

    is getting a little queasy normal after a vape, it only lasts till i get a few breaths of air again.

    The Nicotine level might be a bit high , what level are you on ?

    Also don't forget to drink loads of liquid while vaping .


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond


    LazyPicti wrote: »
    yep BVC coils, 3.9v is a little rough on the back of the throat and it lingers a bit to but i put that down to it being my first day or the juice.Tomorrow i will keep it at 3.9v and try another juice and strength I'm sure i twill start to get better.

    is getting a little queasy normal after a vape, it only lasts till i get a few breaths of air again.

    First few weeks there's a bit of adjustment needed. It's a different sensation to smoking ultimately.

    I found sometimes in the beginning with vaping it was fine one time but a bit rough the next . Just a matter of sticking with it and after a 2/3 weeks it'll become 2nd nature.

    Agree with the above comment as well. water is a must


  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    I'm only on 12mg but i have a cherry 18mg i will try when this juice runs out.When this tank is empty can i just go ahead and fill it with a different juice.the 3.9v isn't even that bad anymore and it is a little better, thanks for that.

    i drink a lot of water anyway, i have 1-2L with me most of the time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee


    LazyPicti wrote: »
    received my istick today, a like it a lot.Solid and quality little machine along with the Nautilus mini.I'm certain this can replace my tobacco i haven't smoked a rollup all day and i feel fine.i have it on 6w 3.4v with a 1.9ohm coil and getting a good vape with lots of taste and vapor,though not the clouds you see online, More experimenting to do i think.


    Well done with first day off the rollies, were you at all tempted to have a puff once you thad your new device with you?? Just started the same setup myself and i must say I find it great.:)


  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    Glebee wrote: »
    Well done with first day off the rollies, were you at all tempted to have a puff once you thad your new device with you?? Just started the same setup myself and i must say I find it great.:)

    Thanks man.nope no temptation but i will give a week and see how i'm doing then.i have reached for my Rollie papers a couple of time's :) after dinner muscle memory i think.Yeah the istick and the mini are great even though i have never had a go at any others,, the battery is lasting well, been vaping on it since 1 o'clock and it looks like i have about 90% battery left.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond


    You two are the lucky ones! some of the older devices are so bad I dont know how people stood them and stuck with them.

    I wasn't too bad as I used a vamo to begin with. Upgraded after about 2 months and haven't stopped buying devices since!!! Not that I needed to after I bought a provari mini. The technical term is called "shinyitus". The istick is a bargain for €40


  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti


    shinyitus sounds contagious :) i am already thinking of buying another battery for between charges.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick


    Well done guys for staying away from those coffin nails,I laughed at a mate of mine when he told me he is vaping fruits & I was using tobacco flavours & they were not very nice flavours at the time,so I did try the different fruits & I was still getting a nice nicotine hit but with a pleasant taste,that was the end of me trying to get a tobacco flavour to match the rollies,it just isn't out there,now I am crazy about custards & nut flavours,I still use 24mg nic when I can get it & 6mg when dripping.
    Shinyitus hits us all eventually....LOL


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick


    LazyPicti wrote: »
    shinyitus sounds contagious :) i am already thinking of buying another battery for between charges.

    I would try one of these http://www.vaperus.ie/-joytech-/583-egrip-vw-kit-.html & one of these when they get them in again http://www.vaperus.ie/atomisers/603-egrip-rba-base.html a fantastic all in one mod,using mine for a few weeks now & it is brilliant.
    Have a look at the video...


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS86K-47sQk


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee


    Anybody know if vape "smoke" will set of smoke alarm in hotel rooms.😜


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79


    Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody know if vape "smoke" will set of smoke alarm in hotel rooms.😜
    If there's a lot of vapour it will.


Advertisement