Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn Harps Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Really hope they get the money needed, I plan on going to a few matches next season, I've never been to a LOI match :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭overshoot

confirmed that the monster draw will be put back 2-3 weeks and made at half time during a friendly with LOI champs shams who need gametime with their european exploits extending their season. Just waiting FAI confirmation
    so if you want tickets and a chance to be rewarded! €5,000 for first & more
    http://www.finnharps.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=670:finn-harps-monster-draw-2011&catid=61:monster-draw&Itemid=98

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

if i buy a jersey through the club website am i ensuring that the club is getting the full amount i pay?

docmartin wrote: »
    if i buy a jersey through the club website am i ensuring that the club is getting the full amount i pay?
    pretty much (as far as i know) other than the cost of getting azzurri to make them. the black away strip is really nice. The mark up isnt too high either as there is only so many made at a time, so higher costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Just be careful man. Seasons ended, jerseys might not even be in stock!
    I think it would be a better idea to buy a few monster ticket draws instead. Club recieves all money off this. Just advising :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Sad to see and hopefully Harps get through this. The Finn Harps v Sligo Rovers rivalry seems like distant history now. Hopefully we'll see those days again in the Premier division.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

muffler wrote: »
    What I dont understand is why they had to wait until a mere 6 weeks away from their deadline before announcing to the world that they are in dire need of cash.

Because thats when the accounts for the year are known, and then know how much is needed to run the club for the following season. A simple estimate of how much was in and out for the year wasn't accurate enough of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

il gatto wrote: »
    Sad to see and hopefully Harps get through this. The Finn Harps v Sligo Rovers rivalry seems like distant history now. Hopefully we'll see those days again in the Premier division.

What rivalry? ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

nigeldinho wrote: »
    Because thats when the accounts for the year are known, and then know how much is needed to run the club for the following season. A simple estimate of how much was in and out for the year wasn't accurate enough of course.
    Monthly if not weekly accounts would be kept so that's not the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

nigeldinho wrote: »
    What rivalry? ;P

We used to let Harps win the odd one. Being neighbourly and all ;)

• Advertisement

thought id just give an update after some good news today
    for those who bought monster draw tickets, the shams game isnt going ahead so the draw will take place at the annual awards night on december 3rd.
    Donegal co co voted to make a contribution today which brings us past the 30k mark. around 16,000 still to go but 16k in 3 1/2 weeks sounds better than 48k in 6 weeks.
    various other fundraisers coming up now, along with things like a last man standing comp and entry to the weekly club draw for a year for 100e donation etc
    http://www.finnharps.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=656&Itemid=167

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Great news:)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Finn Harps are launching a new Schools program which will involve a limited number of Primary Schools in Donegal signing up to a two year program. This will involve Coaching, Healthy Eating and Social Inclusion programs etc.

Details HERE if you'd like to see your local school involved.

It'd be great to see a nice spread through the region.. applications must be in before the 17th :)

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a list of winners in the monster draw posted up on the website.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a list of winners in the monster draw posted up on the website.
    they are up, 8/10 from donegal, 1 mayo, 1 austria. the winner was a 3 year old:eek:
    http://www.finnharps.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=717:finn-harps-monster-draw-2011&catid=39:news-from-finn-park&Itemid=101
    sorry forgot to post it after it... i blame college work!

There has been a lot of content going up on the site recently so there has been a slight tendency for stuff to get buried.

Results are HERE

A little bit on the first prize winners HERE

Dang, overshoot just beat me to the punch there :)

Mr_A wrote: »
    There has been a lot of content going up on the site recently so there has been a slight tendency for stuff to get buried.

Results are HERE

A little bit on the first prize winners HERE
    Seen the bit about the main winners but couldn't find the others. Got it then from overshoot's link :)

FINN HARPS CONFIRM ALL FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE CRITERIA SUBMITTED FOR 2012 LICENSING REQUIREMENTS

I was honestly very worried that the club was on the way out this time, delighted with this :)

Hopefully we can build the club up to be the all-conquering smiters of all-comers that is our right and proper place in the world.

squad looks like its starting to take shape for the year, good forward line but not too sure who will be supplying them. although new signing clarke seems highly rated.
    Goalkeepers:
    Ciaran Gallagher

Defenders:
    Keith Cowan
    Aaron O'Hagan
    Ciaran Coll
    James Doherty
    Hugh Carlin (dergview)

Midfielders:
    Tommy Bonner
    Barry O'Mahoney (sligo but on loan here for half the season)
    Adam Clarke (limavady)
    Ciaran Greene (not sure who he hes left ex sligo, letterkenny rovers)

Strikers:
    Kevin McHugh
    Stephen O'Donnell
    Blain Curtis
    Chris Breen (limerick)

in less good news seems the recent storms has taken down the scoreboard and one of the floodlights. may or may not be covered by insurance as it might only cover public liability and player injuries. repair could be anywhere from 2-10k. manufacturers and instalation companys have been in along with an FAI and local engineer so will have to see on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Looking forward to the new season. We have a strong strikeforce and a comfortable backline. Like most Harps fans I'm worried about the midfield. Plenty of time to sort it yet but we really do need about 3 more midfielders and possibly a defender or 2 yet.

Stevie O Donnell proved last year though that he can be played in midfield and Felix has used both Blain and Chris Breen on the wings before, though I feel Blain is at his best up front.

It's a pity the game tonight V The Curragh was postponed.

Up the Harps!:D

It's a pity the game tonight V The Curragh was postponed.
    Why was it postponed?

waterlogged pitch muffler, but the u19s bet derry in the finn valley centre 1-0 to top the league last night

edit: match report and table

great article in the donegal news about when the harps went to america in 1973 and took on the likes of the NY cosmos. well worth a read.

little piece from felix as to how preseason is going also
    usual draw for the back of shirt sponser also taking place at 50e entry

also to quote FBTN on the harps forum about the stadium
    Lads, there has been an awful lot of work done on the new ground of the new stadium this past few months. Filling, levelling, founds, drainage etc has been completed as far as I know.

The actual steel structures for the stadium itself will be going up in a matter of weeks. Once that happens we'll try and get regular pics up online.

edit
    oh yea 1 more thing, 2 harpers are in the ireland u 18 squad Ryan Curran, Cathal McDaid. Dean Bonner would have been there as well but for an broken ankle. 2 more on the stand by list also in Shane McGinty and Dean McConnell so well done lads!

397799_254468487961138_100001939661152_584752_2092366008_n.jpg
    new jersey, minus daisi, what do yas reckon?

edit- better pictures here
    schools programme also launched, fran gavin invited "the attending schools to the ireland czech game as guests", wonder if all schools had at least one in attendance there are they going to offer up all 5000 tickets:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Best one in a few seasons now, taking off the cow makes a big difference.

Breaking news........

Louis Suarez has just shook hands on a deal to become the new Finn Harps manager.

Which part of that story is more believable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Breaking news........

Louis Suarez has just shook hands on a deal to become the new Finn Harps manager.

Which part of that story is more believable?

Who is Louise Suarez....... oh you mean Luis Suárez..... :pac:

License for 2012 secured. Would have got a premier license except we don't have enough seats. Happy days.

• Advertisement

Nice to see a few Harps lads get a chance to play for Ireland.. could easily have been more as well.

Cathal McDaid started for Ireland U18 and scored their only goal of the game with a fiercely struck low shot, putting Ireland into the lead in the first half only for late Welsh goals to rob the home side of the spoils as multiple substitutions caused the game to lose its shape.

Ryan Curran of Harps came on on 75 minutes. Dean Bonner had also been in the squad but had to withdraw due to injury, while Shane McGinty and Dean McConnell were in the standby list for the fixture.

Advertisement