Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn Harps Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Why would that need to happen?

The only one I can think of that would influence things would be a debt to the taxman as we could not proceed without a tax clearance cert, but that isn't an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

thought tonight Harps played their best football this year. well played Brolly, who I thought was our best player tonight, after all the stick he received recently.

what's happened to the character selling half time draw tickets at the Chestnut Rd entrance? Haven't seen him this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

was at fridays game, thought crossan was very good and covered up for mailey a couple of times. brolly was good in the 2nd half too. great work rate from them all for the 90 mins, good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Away from the game itself have there been any developments regarding the new stadium?

• Advertisement

the way things have gone attendance wise a new stadium would be a white elephant just now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Harps wrote: »
    Wasnt the work nearing commencement 2 years ago? Its a complete joke.

In another 8-10 weeks we'll here of some other form that takes 3 months for someone to sign their name on.

Make that 4 months and counting, we'll get another 'things are on track' update soon enough I'd imagine before another familiar spell of nothing happening.

In any case theres no point going ahead with it when the club and the league as a whole are a total shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

In today's democrat that celtic are coming over in November and will play Harps In a friendly with half the gate going to Charity and the other half to harps

rushnaldo wrote: »
    half the gate going to Charity and the other half to harps
    Hard to tell the deference ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ootbitb wrote: »
    the way things have gone attendance wise a new stadium would be a white elephant just now:(

i was at the derby match last month against sligo rovers (supporting rovers), first time in finn park, and whould have thought rather than building a new stadium, for the numbers that was there would they now be better off redeveloping the gound, save them self some money rather than build a purpose built place.

would guess the games would still be able to go ahead whist developing going ahead, ie, develop one stand/terrace at a time.

granted, a new stadium would be great for the club, but would their be the numbers to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

irish-stew wrote: »
    i was at the derby match last month against sligo rovers (supporting rovers), first time in finn park, and whould have thought rather than building a new stadium, for the numbers that was there would they now be better off redeveloping the gound, save them self some money rather than build a purpose built place.

would guess the games would still be able to go ahead whist developing going ahead, ie, develop one stand/terrace at a time.

granted, a new stadium would be great for the club, but would their be the numbers to use it.

The club do not have the money to redevelop Finn Park. The cost of the new stadium is to be covered by the sale of the existing site to the developers and government funding, thus costing Harps feck all....in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I have been recently been uploading old clips I took from a video that was given to me to convert to DVD and then put on YouTube of matches from the 1990's, enjoy:)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fhfc1954

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Super Season Ticket deals on offer this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was reading some where over new year, cant remember where, that the redevelopment could be back on, any confirmation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

There was work reported to be going on at the site but seemingly its stopped again

http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/viewtopic.php?t=11570&start=255&sid=c27386606550604967abf0c04c9b28f1

Harps drew 1-1 with Sligo today in a pre season friendly.
    Follow Harps on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC

can McMenamins support this project in the current climate?

what is Finn Park worth now?

can't see much progress til it suits them.

can McMenamins support this project in the current climate?
    Just for clarity this would be Joe Mcmenamin and Sons. Not to be confused with McMenamin Brothers who are a completely different firm of builders/developers.

sorry, didn't realize there were two builders with that name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 girly girl

sorry, didn't realize there were two builders with that name.
    mcmenamins are ready to go on this harps are ready to go just waiting for the first draw down of the goverment grants the contractors have all ready started the work on this but as per contract they only can do so much work untill they get paid for each part then the last payment on completion is finn park regardless of what its worth
    joe mcmenamin and son is the contractor
    mcmenamin brothers are the other firm which a lot of people get mixed up
    hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭overshoot

harps bet derry 4-2 on penalties in the jj reid cup yesterday. attendance approx 400 which was great for a pre season match

overshoot wrote: »
    harps bet derry 4-2 on penalties in the jj reid cup yesterday. attendance approx 400 which was great for a pre season match

First half was quite competitive but James's substitutions after half time saw the ball almost exclusively in Harp's half.

For me Harps only looked at all dangerous when football was being played. Still two little men up front so can't see much improvement there to be honest. Where is Parky?

Whoever guesstimated 400 has double vision.

First half was quite competitive but James's substitutions after half time saw the ball almost exclusively in Harp's half.

For me Harps only looked at all dangerous when football was being played. Still two little men up front so can't see much improvement there to be honest. Where is Parky?

Whoever guesstimated 400 has double vision.
    wasnt at it myself, going of someone else's words on the forum. someone also said parky was in the stands, hopefully jamesy goes in for him, would be a great addition. for the budget we have tho i would imagine it would be some stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

2-2 at home to Limerick tonight, lost the lead twice but good to see Mc Hugh and Harkin scoring, lost Forster to a sending off around the 60th minute, anyone at the match? How'd they play?

curry-muff wrote: »
    2-2 at home to Limerick tonight, lost the lead twice but good to see Mc Hugh and Harkin scoring, lost Forster to a sending off around the 60th minute, anyone at the match? How'd they play?

Played quite well second half. Forker possibly cost them the game with a stupid tackle in midfield. Why the crowd cheer off red carded Harps players beats me.
    Mailey lucky not to see red too. Same old Harps with no discipline.

Harkin my MOM and O'Grady looks an excellent signing too.

Crowd about 6-700.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Played quite well second half. Forker possibly cost them the game with a stupid tackle in midfield. Why the crowd cheer off red carded Harps players beats me.

Crowd about 6-700.

I was right beside the incident and actually thought it was a hard but fair tackle.

Anyway, Harps played some good football against a bigger and better Limerick side. Some nice ball players in the side this year, Harkin was good as was McHugh.

Hopefully we'll get a decent run in the league to keep the interest going as last season was a bit of a damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Crowd about 6-700.

No discipline? Absolutely nothing wrong with Forkers tackle. He clearly got the ball.

Look at the highlights... http://finnharps.com/site/index.php?...rts&Itemid=157

Don't know what you mean about Mailey, he done nothing wrong. O'Flynn headbutted him.

Ref was a disgrace as well. Clean through on goal and he brings it back for a free. Disaster. That would have been 3-1 Harps and game over.

harps being clean through and getting called back starts at about 4.25, the forker tackle is just after it. shenahan was just unlucky to come out so badly, he was one of the favourites to be top scorer, o'flynn too (who should get his ban extended but it is loi...) so their loss will hurt limerick badly. ironic that chrissy breen will be leading their strike force now!

Highlights of the Monaghan match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7XVUkMzJo

• Advertisement

Advertisement