Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn Harps Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

I had to take out last years away (which i loved) to remind myself it didnt have a proper sash

In fairness to Legea, they had some stock, Macron never had anything to the point pretty much no one could buy the jersey. Quality was far higher than Azzurris before that too. Then again bought them in the first year and may have been making more of an effort then, so may have been much worse this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Harps video ahead of the new campaign.

A follow up video (again supplied on a voluntary basis) as Harps move into the second half of the campaign. Currently sitting 8th, but bottom 6 are all close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

And so we meet again in a playoff...3 years since I posted in this thread (I couldn't find a more recent Finn Harps one, maybe I missed it).

Anyway, Limerick fans not holding out much hope for this playoff. We are a really poor team in just awful form. I will be travelling to Ballybofey, but expecting a defeat, and adefeat across both legs, to be honest.

yea dont post in the donegal forum anymore and threads died a death

Limerick still have some decent players and no one gave us a hope in 2015 so not buying the positivity for us at all!
    We were rusty in the first leg v drog and thanks to the shambolic organisation of the first division / playoff series in general have 10days between that game and you... and we really need to be taking a lead down.

On the plus side... after the Drogs game its fair to say Paddy McCourt isnt retiring without putting on a display

• Advertisement

overshoot wrote: »
    yea dont post in the donegal forum anymore and threads died a death

Limerick still have some decent players and no one gave us a hope in 2015 so not buying the positivity for us at all!
    We were rusty in the first leg v drog and thanks to the shambolic organisation of the first division / playoff series in general have 10days between that game and you... and we really need to be taking a lead down.

On the plus side... after the Drogs game its fair to say Paddy McCourt isnt retiring without putting on a display

In 2015 we probably had a better squad, and were definitely in better form, with a lot more confidence.

We have two good wingers, and the midfield in general is decent, but we just can't score goals.

I know nothing about Harps this season, so can't really compare, but you are in good form at least, and used to winning.

Anyway, no need to compete in the 'we are more crap than you' stakes.

Looking forward to it, kind of!

osarusan wrote: »
    Anyway, no need to compete in the 'we are more crap than you' stakes.
    5 years with Ollie! You could put out the u15s and he'd talk us down!

We probably have a better squad than in 2015 although Banda is with Letterkenny Rovers now you'll be glad to hear!
    I'd a hotel booked for Limerick before getting home from the Drogs game :D

Some weekend for Harps as there is also the National U17 final against Shamrock Rovers. Takes place at Maginn at 3pm on Saturday. http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=6485

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

cmon harps! 1 up approaching ht vs limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fair play Harps, job half done.

• Advertisement

Another bleak trip to Ballybofey for Limerick. Still, all to play for in the second leg.

I thought we were the better team for the first 30 minutes, but once we went behind, Harps compressed their shape a bit, and we had no idea how to break you down. We had loads of possesion, but always with your team between us and goal.

I can imagine some frustration from Harps fans that you weren't a bit more attacking in the second half, given how 'there for the taking' Limerick have been all season.

But I think Horgan is just a pretty conservative manager, and from his perspective, he had the lead, and he was going to protect it. Harps gave away a lot of territory and possession but defended their box pretty comfortably for the most part. I'd say he is fairly pleased with it, and will adopt a fairly similar set up on Friday.

From a Limerick perspective, it's just hard to see where we will score from. We are just so toothless up front.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

And back up they go! :D

UTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

" Ollie Horgans Blue and White Army" 💙💙💙

Congrats Harps, thoroughly deserved. We were really poor and you managed the game well, limited our already very limited attack, and took your chances when they came (apart from one incredible miss from about 2 yards out).

Great number of fans down too, and in fine voice.

Enjoy the premier division...don't think we will be back there for a while.

Cheers osaursan. Trying to get myself back together for the trip up the road. Have to say all the limerick fans I ran into over the night we sound as you could get. Hopefully ye can regroup as things don't sound good there at all.

On the match, shocked how comfortable we were... Very strange for harps to do easy. I don't know did we step it up that much from Monday or did limerick regress. The players looked very focused in mcgettigans before the game though.

Only sad this about the night is Paddy's quiet exit after 15. Sad to see such a player slip away like that. Fantastic watching him the last 2 years

New year, new season, new me and all that....

Being from donegal and having followed harps from afar for years, tonight i am going to my first loi game. Being in dublin hasnt helped, but now they are in the premier and will be visiting a lot more often, gonna break my duck out in Belfield tonight

looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-quit-sniffing-glue.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

Is there a Harps pub in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

retalivity wrote: »
    New year, new season, new me and all that....

Being from donegal and having followed harps from afar for years, tonight i am going to my first loi game. Being in dublin hasnt helped, but now they are in the premier and will be visiting a lot more often, gonna break my duck out in Belfield tonight

Yeah bad first game to go to!! They were dreadful last night, could have been a lot worse if it wasn’t for Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Is there a Harps pub in Dublin?

There's a very active supporters club in Dublin, https://www.facebook.com/fhscdublin/
    Get in touch with them and maybe you can join up with them. Not sure if they have a regular pub.

• Advertisement

Send me a pm and it could have you added to the what's app group. Generally a few around for a pre/post match pint and a few table quizzes etc over the year. Think the next one is the start of May

Another 4-0 hockying tonight, gonna be a long season....

retalivity wrote: »
    Another 4-0 hockying tonight, gonna be a long season....

..... wait til we come down next Friday and give ye's another beating!

Ye haven't faired too well against us under Ollie's reign!

Plus we aren't prolific, so don't hammer anybody.

I'm sure it'll be a very tight game as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Finally there has been a bit of movement in the new stadium. The large crane thats been there since 2008 moved on Sunday night and fell on top of the partially constructed stand.

I think its about 8 years since it last moved

Oh, are there any Harps supporters willing to say why the works that were planned to begin back in the Spring never materialized?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

The Government not releasing any money for soccer capital projects on the back of the FAI shambles is the current reasoning being spouted AFAIK.

The Government not releasing any money for soccer capital projects on the back of the FAI shambles is the current reasoning being spouted AFAIK.
    That would be understandable but from memory I thought there was money either given or pledged over a year ago hence the promo video that was arranged by Peter McLoone as linked to above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

People were blaming Shane Ross before that saying it was on his desk waiting on his sign off before that. I'm fairly apathetic to the whole thing now tbh, should've put the time and effort into improvements in Finn Park just.

Advertisement