Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn Harps Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

Jaysis I forgot this thread even existed.

I think there's a third bus running from Ballybofey too with the FBTN lads, about 20-25 on that.

Not going to be running via Donegal/Ballyshannon now as there's not the demand for that. Might be worth a few folks from that area doing a carpool up as far as Ballybofey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

Just 11 seats left on second bus to UCD game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭overshoot

Well as i said to ya on the harps forum, driving down from sth donegal friday if anyone wants a lift... but not returning til saturday evening area

• Registered Users Posts: 33,035 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well done to the Harps tonight, excellent result.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

99 (with the added time) minutes of nerves after that first, but jobs done, roll on next week.

• Advertisement

Ah now, was 6 & 4 the added times so we made the 100! And felt like more again!
    I missed the goal after getting lost in belfield :/

only 2 days to the second leg, great chance to finish the job although I'd imagine Benson will start after getting half the game the last day.
    Match kick off is 7.45 not our usual 8!

For anyone (like me :/ ) who missed it, Ciaran Coll's goal
    And Ciaran Gallagher's 1 on 1 save

Make it through, away to Drogs/Limerick on the Monday home Friday week.

and playoff vid

oh yes

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Best of luck to the Harps tonight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

1-0 Limerick on the night (Limerick fan here) but very much all to play for.

Harps did a good job of stifling us in attack and apart from a super strike for the goal, we didn't create many chances. Harps didn't create much either as they defended quite deep, but BJ Banda did get in behind the defence and round the goalkeeper, but was forced wide in doing so, and couldn't get the shot on target.

Harps will have to be a bit more attacking on Friday, which, with our weak defence, doesn't thrill me, but there will hopefully be more space for Limerick to exploit than last night.

Fair play to the Harps fans who made the journey. It's a long way to travel (although I know not everybody travelled from Donegal) and they made plenty of noise on the night.

fairly spot on, limerick definitely the better team but failed to create many clear cut chances (although i missed the first 20 or so minutes where we were meant to have been under severe pressure).
    Banda definitely had the best chance of the game, bit more composure and maybe, but the lad is just 17 and still raw. Limerick definite liabilities at the back, Hall seems to have very bad positioning if McHugh/McNamee/Funsty get their heads up it could be punished from distance. We are not out of it!

If Rodgers wasnt the ref, id be wondering how Kelly stayed on the field after his lunge. That call could have had a massive impact over the two legs, thought he may have been your best player on the night. It was a stonewall penalty too. Dont think Funsty was going to get to the ball before the keeper after prodding the ball on, but your man was still stupid/lucky hacking him down.

Was definitely a long journey after 2 blowouts (that would be another issue), not impressed however with your stewards (who knew the bus had issues and were running late). Messing around on the gate and handing filling most of the away section with home fans. We were badly wedged into the small corner of what was left.

Id imagine the pitch will be as tight as it was for the UCD game too btw ;)

overshoot wrote: »
    fairly spot on, limerick definitely the better team but failed to create many clear cut chances (although i missed the first 20 or so minutes where we were meant to have been under severe pressure).
    We did have the most pressure then but still didn't actually create much at all.
    Banda definitely had the best chance of the game, bit more composure and maybe, but the lad is just 17 and still raw. Limerick definite liabilities at the back, Hall seems to have very bad positioning if McHugh/McNamee/Funsty get their heads up it could be punished from distance. We are not out of it!
    Far from out of it.

Hall is actually a very good shot-stopper though, great reflexes.
    If Rodgers wasnt the ref, id be wondering how Kelly stayed on the field after his lunge. That call could have had a massive impact over the two legs, thought he may have been your best player on the night. It was a stonewall penalty too. Dont think Funsty was going to get to the ball before the keeper after prodding the ball on, but your man was still stupid/lucky hacking him down.
    From where I was standing, I thought there was a bit of space between Kelly and the Harps player. I don't think he made any contact and I actually thought it was more of an interception than a tackle. It was difficult to gauge distance though as I was looking 'across' it if you know what I mean.

I honestly have no memory of this penalty incident. Some Limerick fans said they worried one might be given though, and Limerick Radio apparently said it could have been one, but I cannot recall when it was. It didn't make the highlights either, unfortunately.
    Was definitely a long journey after 2 blowouts (that would be another issue), not impressed however with your stewards (who knew the bus had issues and were running late). Messing around on the gate and handing filling most of the away section with home fans. We were badly wedged into the small corner of what was left.
    Seems like the stewards had no idea about how to deal with such a large crowd at all. The whole stand is not designated as away support - there is usually a netting covering 2/3/4 rows of seats to separate home and away fans. Was that netting there at all, or were Limerick fans actually in amongst the Harps fans?
    Id imagine the pitch will be as tight as it was for the UCD game too btw wink.png
    Ah now. Harps are far too gentlemanly for any of that.

osarusan wrote: »
    Far from out of it.

Hall is actually a very good shot-stopper though, great reflexes.
    I wouldn't mean his positioning when the ball is in the area, I mean c30/40 yards. I think It was a real factor in Banda's chance. McHugh would have slotted it...:( although thats all ifs and buts, he wouldnt have had the pace left to put himself in the position!
    From where I was standing, I thought there was a bit of space between Kelly and the Harps player. I don't think he made any contact and I actually thought it was more of an interception than a tackle. It was difficult to gauge distance though as I was looking 'across' it if you know what I mean.
    In the highlights here, your right he didnt make contact, McNamee got out of it. But it was both feet of the ground and a proper lunge. Contact or not it was dangerous play. You can see the dent he leaves in the pitch, if tony had put is foot on the ball...
    I honestly have no memory of this penalty incident. Some Limerick fans said they worried one might be given though, and Limerick Radio apparently said it could have been one, but I cannot recall when it was. It didn't make the highlights either, unfortunately.

Seems like the stewards had no idea about how to deal with such a large crowd at all. The whole stand is not designated as away support - there is usually a netting covering 2/3/4 rows of seats to separate home and away fans. Was that netting there at all, or were Limerick fans actually in amongst the Harps fans?
    That was my view anyway from the east stand. Funsty just knocked the ball on our of both their reach and your man followed through and upended him. Its the kind of situation if love to see a definite card for one side, because if it wasnt a foul, the only other explanation was a dive.
    You would think RTE would have had it but i doubt you would have seen much from the midfield camera. 90 seconds is pretty crap but hardly unsurprising... Suppose I should be glad we are on tv at all!
    The netting was there, one side limerick, the other, first few rows were limerick, mixed a few then all us.

Anyway do it all again Friday... hopefully Boyle can get another hour out of his hamstrings! His season was meant to be over!

The netting was there, one side limerick, the other, first few rows were limerick, mixed a few then all us.
    That's just wrong and should never have happened, delayed bus or not.
    Anyway do it all again Friday.
    Indeed, looking forward to it. May the best team draw.

That's just wrong and should never have happened, delayed bus or not.

Indeed, looking forward to it. May the best team draw.
    tbh im not massively fussed on segregation (ok some teams definitely but its not like harps/limerick have reputations). Just pissed that they would sell the away section tickets/tell the delayed bus initially that there was no tickets, messing us around on the gate. pathetic really when they knew about it 2 hours before kick off.

haha not even on aggregate! always (****ing always) lose on penalties! We havnt lost a playoff game at home yet either!!

match night arrangements
    Match tickets will be on sale from the following outlets:
    • Michael Murphy Sports Letterkenny Thursday 10AM to 6 PM and Friday 10am to 5PM
    • Finn Harps Clubhouse Thursday 11AM to 9PM & Friday 9am to 3PM
    • Kernan’s Newtowncunningham Thursday 10am to 6pm & Friday 9am to 5pm
    • Supervalu Buncrana Thursday 5pm to 9pm.
    Further to consultation with Gardai & FAI match Tickets are colour coded so please enter ground according to following
    • BLUE – TV Gantry/Aldi side of ground –Entry at Chestnut Road
    • GREEN – Main Stand – Entry at Navenney Street
    • YELLOW- Town End Terrace – Entry at Navenney Street and Chestnut Road
    • Seated Tickets available from Finn Harps clubhouse only

Prices:
    Kids (primary school children) €3
    Secondary School Students €5- Tickets will be available to buy on match-night
    Concession (OAPs, 3rd Level Students) €8
    Adult Terrace €10
    Seated Tickets €12 for all seats.
    Tickets will be available to purchase on match-night from outlets in the vicinity of Finn Park.
    Please be aware that sections of the ground may be sold out before match-night.
    other headings

Traffic Arrangements Around Finn Park on Friday
    Vehicle seizures

Limerick Supporters

Go on the Harps !!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Can't make it up tonight but I don't remember traffic needing that level of management for the home leg of the Waterford game back in 07!

Also with all the excitement.... bear in mind it could be out last chance to see Kevin McHugh, over 400 appearances and 185 goals for us and the 5th highest goalscorer in the history of the league. Hopefully a few more goals in him tonight. His playoff goals seem apt

Theres only one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

All the best for tonight. Hope you are crlebrating later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I expect the super blues to bag at least 2 more tonight.

I expect the super blues to bag at least 2 more tonight.
    Tht's the Limerick super blues BTW!:cool:

we have 11 clean sheets from 16 home games this season ;) im optimistic

we have 11 clean sheets from 16 home games this season ;) im optimistic

We would be happy with a clean sheet all round.

naa ur not safe yet :p
    In fairness tho, Boyle (assuming he is finally completely crocked) is a big loss to us, but super Kev will wanna go out in style! (assuming he has recovered too - didnt play in limerick!)

1 up at HT !!! Come on.....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Goooaaallll!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

2 up with 3 mins to go.....c'mon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

BJ Banda.

love it.

Advertisement