Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn Harps Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Obviously Sunday didn't go to plan on the pitch. We didn't have the defensive solidity we had for most of the year and St Pats had the quality to exploit that ruthlessly.

On the other hand it was great to be back in the big time, with a big noisy and colourful travelling support and lots of old faces back in blue and enjoying themselves despite the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭overshoot

Thought id restore this with the season so close!
    Bus to the first game away to Shels in 2 weeks, running Letterkenny 2, Finn Park 2.30, Lifford 2.45... usual sources (neish or nigel) or pm me if ya dont know em!

Late in the day but Last Man Standing competition... the last one only took 6 weeks to end! deadline is kickoff tomorrow though

Have yet to concede in preseason, which isnt bad considering it includes a 1-0 win v cork, 3-0 v colraine (altho supposedly a poor team), 0-0 v galway, cockhill & Inishowen league either side of those games.
    Sligo Rovers in the showgrounds tomorrow.

Squad has come together nicely, been improved where needed and players kept where we were solid. Ciaran Gallagher back will give us a solid goalkeeper behind our good defence. still amazing to think we had the second best defensive record in the league going into the last round of games considering who was in goals.

French man Tagbo who scored v cork and another game is having issues getting clearance from Bulgaria where he last played. havnt seen him but he sounds promising. With the likes of Foy, McNamee, Donelan, a hopefully fit McGroary, Keating Back and a few others we may have a decent attack this year to go with our
    defense...

Goalkeepers:
    Ciaran Gallagher
    James Gallagher
    Lee McCarron (u-19)

Defenders:
    Keith Cowan,
    Thomas McMonagle
    Damien McNulty
    Ciaran Coll
    Matthew Crossan
    Packie Mailey
    Rory Gartlan

Midfielders:

Michael Funston
    Tony McNamee
    Gareth Harkin
    Brian McGroary
    Raymond Foy
    James McCahill (u19)
    Jordan Toland
    Josh Mailey
    Darragh Black (u19)
    Ger O'Callaghan
    Oisin Hassett (u19)
    Adam Clarke
    Regan Donnelan (Loan from Sligo)

Attackers:

Kevin McHugh
    Marc Brolly
    Garbhan Friel
    Ruairi Keating (loan from Sligo)
    Nathan Boyle (loan from Derry)
    Wilfried Tagbo (pending international clearance)

Well Sligo didn't go well... Couldn't make it but (Sligo) dad was at it. Said we gave a good account first half and when we started to tire Sligo took advantage big time.
    Thought tagbo did a good job which is good to hear... Wasn't to sure who was who with us after that!

Carnage in the last man standing comp too... 15 left out of 86 after week 1!!!!

New Kit... i have no idea how to resize. 3 year deal with Legea apparently
    One sale at the first home game which is great to hear after last years debacle with Macron
    in other news... friendly in the brandywell, 3pm tomorrow

7MFAwY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

overshoot wrote: »
    i have no idea how to resize.
    Sorted :)

Match poster for Friday night is rather good.

11034439_389008901280593_2028794548635565911_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

New shirt looks good, wont be buying one my self though.

:p

Hows the new ground development going?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Hows the new ground development going?
    Sloooooowwwwww ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Looking forward to the first home game tonight. Lovely weather for it too.

Hopefully we'll get the 3 points but by the looks of it Cabinteely won't be pushovers.

• Advertisement

soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looking forward to the first home game tonight. Lovely weather for it too.

Hopefully we'll get the 3 points but by the looks of it Cabinteely won't be pushovers.

Good 3pts for you tonight.

As for the 'lovely weather':rolleyes:, yeah it was great. I have never been colder at the Brandywell. Frozen to the bone.:(

NIMAN wrote: »

As for the 'lovely weather':rolleyes:, yeah it was great. I have never been colder at the Brandywell. Frozen to the bone.:(

Ah lovely just means not raining! The soup will keep ya warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Was perfect conditions for football. No rain or wind at all. Cold yes- but us folk in the North West are used to that!

Goals are here by the way

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=392238280957655

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=392242570957226

Was perfect conditions for football. No rain or wind at all. Cold yes- but us folk in the North West are used to that!

Goals are here by the way

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=392238280957655

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=392242570957226
    haha love ollie in the background!

Superb result in Waterford tonight. Bring on the Ramblers!

Harps feature on the42.ie with this: http://www.the42.ie/finn-harps-zayn-malik-2014060-Mar2015/

Worth looking at the original tweet as some of the responses are superb. https://twitter.com/FinnHarpsFC/status/580788316338929665

sure we had the same odds to win the league before it started!
    will be daylight robbery! :D

poor game, we were asking for Cobh to equalise but got away with it. So can still enjoy being second only by goal difference! massive step up needed away to UCD next week and Athlone in Finn Park the week after could be massive. Mailey was by far MOM but good effort from Tagbo too, Friel probably should have had 2.

Video of Tagbo's aerobatic opener - sometimes you just cant argue with route 1

McHugh picking up No 2 here

Picture of tagbos opener via Gary Foy... ok muffler how do u resize on boards.... preferably without photoshop?!

<mod snip>

• Advertisement

Sorry overshoot but the photo you posted is copyrighted so had to be removed.

and I even had it resized for you before I spotted it

ah its grand, thought it was ok when his watermark was over it. il not link as its from his own facebook feed...

how do u resize tho?! or do u have to use external programs?

poor game, we were asking for Cobh to equalise but got away with it. So can still enjoy being second only by goal difference! massive step up needed away to UCD next week and Athlone in Finn Park the week after could be massive. Mailey was by far MOM but good effort from Tagbo too, Friel probably should have had 2.

Video of Tagbo's aerobatic opener - sometimes you just cant argue with route 1

McHugh picking up No 2 here

Picture of tagbos opener via Gary Foy... ok muffler how do u resize on boards.... preferably without photoshop?!

<mod snip>

I remember seeing McHugh high up on the list of LoI all time scorers.

Any chance he could move up a place this season? Its his last, isn't it?

Just found an out-of-date list, I know he has scored since this and is a few places higher

All-Time (until end of 2012)

1. Brendan Bradley 235
    2. Jason Byrne 193 *
    3. Pat Morley 182
    4. Turlough O'Connor 178
    5. Donal Leahy 162
    6. Glen Crowe 159
    7. Stephen Geoghegan 158
    8. Johnny Matthews 156
    9. Kevin McHugh 154

get that from rsssf Niman? handy site
    He is 5th, 8 in 2013 and 2 last year according to extratime which sounds about right believe it or not. He looks far better right now fitness wise, than... well i cant remember. 1 this season has him up to 165. i would imagine 4th is beyond him but i would have no problem being proved wrong!!!

Always liked him as a player, should have got a bucketful for us and been much further up that list, had he been played as an out-and-out centre forward of course!

how do u resize tho?! or do u have to use external programs?
    There's lots of free software available for editing various images. What I use myself is Paint.NET which can be downloaded and installed from here.

Like lots of software just watch out when you are installing that you dont install different "add ons" like toolbars and search engines etc. Always choose "custom" installation and then untick the various boxes or decline offers of "add ons"

When you have Paint.NET installed just select the image you want to resize, right click on it and select "open with Paint.NET". Once its opened you then click on the "image" tab at the top and from the drop down menu select "resize". This will open a different window that gives you options to resize.

I always choose the option to "resize by percentage" and then keep reducing it until you get it to an approx size of 600 - 650 pixels wide by 400 - 450 pixels high. Then click OK and then "save" on the main display. After that its just a case of uploading in whatever way you normally do :)

There's a Test forum if you want to mess around or just to get the feel of it.

Always liked him as a player, should have got a bucketful for us and been much further up that list, had he been played as an out-and-out centre forward of course!

Yea he is being played in a deeper position for us now too. He seems to be really enjoying himself tho, little flicks and that. Skillwise hes still ahead of anyone else on the team. He had a few years with linfield too after ye which would have put another dent in his total. They were pretty injury plagued years tho.

Cheers muffler, I actually have photoshop. I though boards might have had a display as x size function or something that i was missing. Would save uploading it and linking. Will stop being lazy and making u do the work so!!

Tagbo's proper poachers finish for our first goal last night link
    McHughs strike against UCD last night, link
    Lovely finish, looks fitter than he has done for 2 years and already has as many goals as last season (says it all about our year)

first goals conceded but top of the league biggrin.png

Massive game next week home to Athlone who are second. a win and we could start to dream!

soo... after the first round of games, a quarter of the season, and going away to 3 of our 4 promotion rivals....

top of the league, by 5 pts with 6 clean sheets in 7 games...
    table looks great! Home to Shels on Friday.... wonder could we break the 1000 attendance!

11174959_407231152791701_4045664487366481684_n.jpg?oh=d861a6376f10223b07348a3d7cd2f5c7&oe=55E0B0BD

• Advertisement

What sort of football you playing?

Read on the LoI thread here that some opposition fan said something like "wouldn't want to watch that type of football all season".

Advertisement