Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

wow , those are big showers, unexpected sir :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Getting kinda heavy now... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Stopped snowing here in Thurles : temperature was -4c at 11.00hrs : it is now 0C at 14.45hrs.
    Very very slight thaw here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭brainy_neuron

V small bit of snow has started again in Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    wow , those are big showers, unexpected sir :cool:

Noticed that myself there Pangea.. the showers actually seem to be developing and intensifying when they reach land for a change. We could be in for a fun afternoon/evening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

How quickly/slowly are they blowing across?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Fionagus wrote: »

-3.5c and stilll snowing lightly here. Everything is still covered on ice crystals from last nights freezing fog - magical :)

Cloud cover now homogenous and flakes are more abundant :)
    Total whiteness confirmed :D

Raintoday radar looks amazing! Snow heading our way, once finally...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

eskimocat wrote: »
    Ah so pleased to get snow and hope that there is more on the way for here :D

Off now to do a bit of study, supposed to be finishing my degree this year and don't think i can get away with the excuse, "but boards was just too addictive, and i hadn't time to study" in my exams!! :o

Yes i should really do the same, exams starting monday week, but getting out of bed and getting off boards seems to be too difficult :p

Snow has eased up here now. A bit of a breeze but feels much warmer than of late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

tiny showers of snow on and off here in D13, slight thaw aswel.... wheres the next batch????

whopping 2 degrees here! im sweating....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Snowing here on the Mayo coast.

That's the freakiest snow I've ever seen... ultra slow motion... like feathers...fluttering down :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No signs of any snow down here in Waterford at all, had a few light flurries earlier this morning, but the sun is shining here now and it does not feel as cold as the last few days. I am beginning to think that the show will bypass Waterford totally again, even the met eireann website has replaced our snow clouds for tomorrow evening with rain clouds

Still snowing in Donegal here. Its not really going to add to the accumlations here at present , but it will if it gets heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Snow heading toward Greystones. I can see it out at sea and it seems to be heading straight at us. Time for another Cosmo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Have to say that the red blobs on raintoday.co.uk are spot on today.. I can see when the next shower is about to hit and its geographically spot on.

Oh in other words.. its snowing again now in Donegal Town. Temp now 0.1c:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No signs of any snow down here in Waterford at all, had a few light flurries earlier this morning, but the sun is shining here now and it does not feel as cold as the last few days. I am beginning to think that the show will bypass Waterford totally again, even the met eireann website has replaced our snow clouds for tomorrow evening with rain clouds

:( Waterford: Ireland's capital of moderate weather (don't know if thats good or bad)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Light snow here now..

Rougies wrote: »
    Dublin AP was looking good for a new record last night. Doesn't have last night's low temp on the met eireann site yet. I'm sure they'll mention it on the weather forecast if it was broken.

According to Ogimet Dublin Airport's lowest temp in the 24hrs up to 12pm today was -9.5c. Should be roughly near the value to what met eireann will show on their "yesterday's weather" page tomorrow (or later today). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

homolumo wrote: »
    :( Waterford: Ireland's capital of moderate weather (don't know if thats good or bad)
    Its bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It just started snowing here in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭davehey79

ever so slight shower of snow now falling in longford has been for about half an hour now

Got up the Dublin mountains this morning for a spin in the end, impossible to cycle up...but great great fun coming down.

Bring it on...more more more please !attachment.php?attachmentid=101705&d=1263049564

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

nothing happening here but clear sky's....
    bit of cloud floating around.

Snowing again here in Palmerstown.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/
    Look at all the snow showers on the radar, I know the eagle said last night that some may work its way into donegal ,mayo and leitrim , but the met eireann website doesnt mention it today and its happening now.

snaps wrote: »
    Could be an interesting evening here in the west!

Fingers, toes and any other sticky out organs crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

According to Ogimet Dublin Airport's lowest temp in the 24hrs up to 12pm today was -9.5c. Should be roughly near the value to what met eireann will show on their "yesterday's weather" page tomorrow. :)

Ah. Met Eireann have that -9.5 for the 8th, must have been recorded before midnight. Thanks for the link!

Fingers, toes and any other sticky out organs crossed!

:eek: Ya can't cross THAT can ya???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Light snow here now amongst the fog in Rathangan :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement