Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

-1.9c, light snow fall for the last hour. Doesm't look if it going to get heavier.
    Quin, Co Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

All very clear here in Waterford. Theres a significant thaw going on this afternoon too.

101692.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal truly is the snow capital of Ireland. It is a pity we don't have more posters from up there. I am still in shock at the images the RTE news showed from up there a few days ago.

Looking forward to the rest of ye joining us in the white stuff over the next 48 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

zenno wrote: »
    whats it like in wexford at the moment ?

Blue skys above me at the moment (Clonard, Wexford Town). Fluffy light gray clouds in the east.

There has only been a slight scattering of snow here all day... and it feels like the warmest day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

about 2-3 cm here today lost:mad:

What's happening, not sticking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Gonzo wrote: »
    almost an extra inch on the ground here so got about 3 inchs of snowdepth now. Cant help feeling that it feels milder than of late and sun hasnt come out yet.

amazing,im only what 10 mile's from you as the crow fly's and i have a little over 2cm. :eek:

temp up to 1.9c,thaw going on for the first time since tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

there seems to be a bit more sneachta on the way according to the radar:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing in S.W Donegal now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

parents are trying to fly tomorrow at 1 to lanzarote any idea what their chances are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Woo!!

Against all the odds, it's snowing here 0.5 km away from the sea overlooking Mullaghmore. 2nd shower in the past half hour. Good big flakes too.
    Lot of cloud cover too, can't see the mountains at all now.

Keep her coming...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

there seems to be a bit more sneachta on the way according to the radar:)

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MammyNotSpammy

Just starting a little in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

We just had a light snow shower here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MammyNotSpammy

Stopped again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Rougies wrote: »
    What's happening, not sticking?
    no thawing out im afraid

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

been snowing lightly non stop here since about 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Fog rolling in again here in Rathangan. Had a good shower here this morning. Looks beautiful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just read back a few pages. What's going on with all this talk of thaw and marginality!?
    If I hear one bloody drip from my roof there is going to be trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

-3.5c and stilll snowing lightly here. Everything is still covered on ice crystals from last nights freezing fog - magical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Fionagus wrote: »

-3.5c and stilll snowing lightly here. Everything is still covered on ice crystals from last nights freezing fog - magical :)

Got a pic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Looking at raintoday.co.uk we are going to get a fair bit more snow than I was expecting. Just seems to be appearing outta nowhere just south of Stanton banks... Keep her coming:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Very very light sleet/
    snow here in Kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Rougies wrote: »
    Just read back a few pages. What's going on with all this talk of thaw and marginality!?
    If I hear one bloody drip from my roof there is going to be trouble.
    Well no thaw in donegal at all since bascially mid december , And If i keep mother nature on my side i intend it to stay that way. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Dinkie wrote: »
    Blue skys above me at the moment (Clonard, Wexford Town). Fluffy light gray clouds in the east.

There has only been a slight scattering of snow here all day... and it feels like the warmest day so far.

well it's to early to predict it so i'll tune in later on tonight to see how it's going to pan out. but i still think the south-east is going to get the brunt of the snow in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Last band of showers died a lot as they came close to dublin coast, but http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/ shows more to come, lets hope they hold together all the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Ah so pleased to get snow and hope that there is more on the way for here :D

Off now to do a bit of study, supposed to be finishing my degree this year and don't think i can get away with the excuse, "but boards was just too addictive, and i hadn't time to study" in my exams!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Wind is increasing here now. Snow, while not heavy, is swirling around like boyo. Classic flurry style! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Its so calm here, Its a bit eary! Snowing big flakes, like cotton wool balls. Its so quiet outside while i was chopping wood. not even any traffic to be heard! Could be an interesting evening here in the west!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Got a pic?

http://yfrog.com/aul2wrj

oops! Sorry :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement