Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underrated albums, that aren't by obscure bands

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3 year bump :pac: good thread though so I can't see why it shouldn't be.
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Mike is really experiment more and more. Wouldn't be surprised if their next album was something really different again.

Good call!

On topic:

Two I don't think were mentioned were Dream Theater - Falling into Infinity and Tool - 10,000 days. The former is often badly maligned but I think it's a damn good album, if not up to the standards of earlier albums or the likes of Metropolis or TOT. 10,000 days is probably more overshadowed by Lateralus and Aenima, but it's really a fantastic piece of work, and as an album, superior to Aenima imo.

Also agree with the mention of Pink Floyd - Animals.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Good call!

Had to go back and see what this was in relation to, had a laugh when I saw :P Forgot it was written before Heritage came out!

Good choices as well. All though I'm not as mad on FiI as a whole album.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Anthrax - Volume 8: The Threat is Real
    I remember thinking this album was gonna be an absolute monster for Anthrax when it came out. I loved every track on it and played it over and over but sadly it didn't seem to get any recognition at all.

Here's the album in full here

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I think Risk by Megadeth is a pretty decent album, it's nowhere near as bad as everyone says, but I suppose if you're expecting another Countdown... or Rust... you would be disappointed, but I think they are really well-written pop/rock tunes, I love Mustaine's sense of melody, if he had to quit performing he could start writing songs for pop/rock artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Agree with Anthrax Vol 8. Very good album as was the one before it but I think their label folded around the Vol 8 time so probably got little promotion.

I also like Load,though reload was rubbish though. FNM "album of the year" worth a mention too as well as ST "art of rebellion".

• Advertisement
Advertisement