Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Tesco is having shortages? For reals?

The roads aren't THAT bad. People are using them. Surely tesco deliveries can too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Rougies wrote: »
    Prime Time should be very interesting... all about this country's inability to react to severe weather.

Didnt they do that last night? Its boring. Irish people complain way too much. Its raining too much, what are the government goint to do about it. Its snowing too much, what are the government goint to do about it. I bought a house i cant afford to pay for, what are the government goint to do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hmmm I can't get past page 121 in the thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

t|nt|n wrote: »

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Same here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I cant either,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Ditto. We've broken boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

John Gormley getting snotty when miriam called him the minister for snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Same problem, just made it to 122, but it shows 123?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Thread maybe be overloaded lol. I can't get past page 121 either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

there is something strange going on alright isn't there, glad you said it... i thought i was cracking :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Yet these posts are showing as page 122, 123 is missing.

Snow in the lines!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jenzz wrote: »
    i didnt see news there ( was too busy treking back from feckin Tesco)

What snow is due to me ???

As for Tesco:

No Bread
    No cheddar ( only white)
    No pizza ( the only one the kids will eat)
    ONly 2 packets of Oxtail soup in the shop
    No pink milk

Judging by the bodies in the place everyone has ran out or everyone is stocking up..... Place looked like had been ransacked

Plenty down in the 24hour Tesco in Newbridge :p , The only thing they didnt have was the fine Swedish cider I drink (Rekorderlig)

Great stuff she is giving Gormley a good going over on Prime Time , and he is getting well Phised off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

The hat broke boards.ie. Dear god :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Me neither, acting a bit strange, I think its WC trying to delete about 50 pictures of that news reporter! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

malman wrote: »
    significant snowfall in the east + scarcity of grit + exisiting lying slow + continuing freezing tempetures = chaos

I reckon we'll see the army on the streets and roads next week if this event happens. When are old and decrepit we could be reminising of the big freeze and snow of 2009/2010.

I joking said on this the other night me & wolfe will be here in 2027 reminiscing of the winter of 2009/2010.... We certainly will..... My dad ( farmer) said this is the worst spell he has seen since 81.... no thaw.... Every other snow had melted by time we got back from school following afternoon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

ITS THE SNOOOOOW :eek::eek::eek::eek::D;)

wtf is going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Pangea wrote: »
    Ireland and the UK from space.
    715tu0.jpg
    Wow :)

I think if you look closely you can see Paul Cunningham's hat!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

LookingFor wrote: »
    Tesco is having shortages? For reals?

The roads aren't THAT bad. People are using them. Surely tesco deliveries can too?

Tesco ALWAYS have shortages....:rolleyes:!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

I'm stuck on page 122

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    How powerful is powerful? How long could the cold if it is being sustained from the east fight off the Atlantic weather?

Hi Queen Mise, fairly powerful at times. However, other factors come into play also, for example, the temperature at the 30mb level, the state of the PNA, NAO & AO - which drive largescale weather patterns in the Northern Hemisphere

If all of these interact correctly so to speak, then the entrenched cold can be quite resiliant against the Atlantic. Signals are currently mixed into the medium term in terms of its intensity. For example, on last Sunday, the area of low pressure was fended off - the one that approached from the south & instead slid into the continent & produced an undercutting motion.

ECMWF is generally the supreme model for the medium term, it's Ensembles are mixed at the moment into the medium term although many do prolong deep cold pooling to our East - a very positive an important trend.

SA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

we broke boards:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

John Gormley getting snotty when miriam called him the minister for snow.
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Plenty down in the 24hour Tesco in Newbridge :p , The only thing they didnt have was the fine Swedish cider I drink (Rekorderlig)

Great stuff she is giving Gormley a good going over on Prime Time , and he is getting well Phised off

Hes a prickj anyway !

Bit of a drive for me to Newbridge :-) & my car is stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    there is something strange going on alright isn't there, glad you said it... i thought i was cracking :D:D:D

I thought that too ! Unless its snow hysteria ????!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It's working, i think it is just erroneously showing one extra page that isn't there...yet...

only way i can see the next page is if i write a post... so here goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

124 is showing up but theres nothing there yet. we need a new thread this onesoverloaded!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement