Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

yogidc26 wrote: »
    LOL:D:D:D

EPIC! It's the first week of 2010 and we already have this. EPIC LOLZ!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Billy the Squid, many thanks for alleviating my curiosity (I missed the broadcast) and giving me a much-needed laugh for the day. Everyone's description was spot-on! :D

Now, what's this about Jean's outfit the other night?:eek: Anyone got a screen shot of that one, or what night was it on and I'll check out the RTÉ player...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

that still pic of pauls hat is class altogether... still think it looks a bit like a snow drift!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Folks,

whats happening in this picture up in the NW. Look slike a system moving in quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Ok. The weather forecast lull in thread is about to take effect. The angelus of the thread. :) bong bong bong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

101430.jpg

Lol, looks like a 21th century 'groovy' reincarnation of the French 'Bonnet rouge', popular during revolutinary times [/NERDISM] :p

3205427.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=45B0EB3381F7834DEB19779FB57082CD095A9DB98433199B5223CE6E4BAF89B1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

oldmillgal wrote: »
    that still pic of pauls hat is class altogether... still think it looks a bit like a snow drift!

Pissed myself laughing when I saw him also..all I could think of was this:

591374621_3f7f92dbb0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Pavements look lethal on the news. Remember watching Bear Grills (Man Vs Wild on Discovery) before (could have been the one set in West of Ireland) where putting a pair of socks on over your shoes gives you great grip on slippy surfaces. Could be only option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

You had better not be apologising for anything..
    WE had a baby :D

A little baabby wolfe cub live on boards......

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well folks try and live with this messy thread structure for the next few hours, will have a fresh clean thread by midnight.

Meanwhile chance of snow showers along east coast next few hours, light but chance of a few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Episode of twin peaks just started at the end of the enws there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'm scared.

Gotta get food tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Snow tomorrow and sunday and monday for me:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

I'm beginning to like Gerry Murphy as a forecaster :)

WD Gerry My. Snow for Sunday and Monday:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Gerrys on... nothing much changed since the 6pm, still talking about more of the east and Sundays chances for more hail sleet and snow again in the east and ... frost featuring heavily elsewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

yogidc26 wrote: »
    LOL:D:D:D

Is,nt that frank spencer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

redalicat wrote: »
    Billy the Squid, many thanks for alleviating my curiosity (I missed the broadcast) and giving me a much-needed laugh for the day. Everyone's description was spot-on! :D

Now, what's this about Jean's outfit the other night?:eek: Anyone got a screen shot of that one, or what night was it on and I'll check out the RTÉ player...

What ever about outfit on Jean the other night, did you see the thing she was wearing on Xmas day broadcast - I couldn't actually watch the weather, it was a silver thing and it was bate into her:o desperate bad.

So snow on Sunday night then?

Snow:D Thanks Gerry, not one mention of rain, just hail sleet and snow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

i didnt see news there ( was too busy treking back from feckin Tesco)

What snow is due to me ???

As for Tesco:

No Bread
    No cheddar ( only white)
    No pizza ( the only one the kids will eat)
    ONly 2 packets of Oxtail soup in the shop
    No pink milk

Judging by the bodies in the place everyone has ran out or everyone is stocking up..... Place looked like had been ransacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh my god that was a wonderful, wonderful forecast from Mr. Murphy there!! BRING IT ON!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

So snow on Sunday night then?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that wasn't what he said........he said SIGNIFICANT SNOW lol :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well for me Gerry called Sundays/Mondays event again ,

Thats it, Batten down the hatches , were doomed , all of us not just the east but mainly the east :D:p:D

On a more realistic note , if it does come off most of the country should see snow from it , even the snow barren lands of Waterford/Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god that was a wonderful, wonderful forecast from Mr. Murphy there!! BRING IT ON!:D

We knew you would love it when we saw it. You name was mentioned here.

And a final word from Paul Cunningham before the thread is closed?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=101436&stc=1&d=1262900381

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Snowaddict wrote: »
    When real cold becomes entrenched for so long it becomes quite powerful, synoptically speaking.

Certainly there will probably be a moderation in temperatures, in terms of the diurnal range etc, but there is no clear unanimous signal tonight for an immediate end to this phase on Monday, from what I can see anyway.

SA :)

How powerful is powerful? How long could the cold if it is being sustained from the east fight off the Atlantic weather?

jenzz wrote: »
    i didnt see news there ( was too busy treking back from feckin Tesco)

What snow is due to me ???

As for Tesco:

No Bread
    No cheddar ( only white)
    No pizza ( the only one the kids will eat)
    ONly 2 packets of Oxtail soup in the shop
    No pink milk

Judging by the bodies in the place everyone has ran out or everyone is stocking up..... Place looked like had been ransacked

No surprise, the deliverys all come in artics, and an artic on ice . . . .not a pretty site!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Prime Time should be very interesting... all about this country's inability to react to severe weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

significant snowfall in the east + scarcity of grit + exisiting lying slow + continuing freezing tempetures = chaos

I reckon we'll see the army on the streets and roads next week if this event happens. When we are old and decrepit we could be reminising of the big freeze and snow of 2009/2010.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Primetime the Gom is on about the weather

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement