Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Yeah there was reports of some parts getting snow alright. Your not going mad just yet.

Its mad , if people dont get snow in their area of Dublin then Dublin got no snow :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Rougies wrote: »
    LOL :D

And if we do get a Blizzard or a Whiteout ... reported snow depths should be converted according to this chart...

Centimetres - Millimetres
    Inches - Centimetres
    Feet - Inches

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

No.
    Dublin is missing out because the airflow is NNE and never went NE as forecasted.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Ok, the 0100 observations are in on the Met Eireann site. Check this out:

DUBLIN AIRPORT N 16 SNOW SHOWER 0 90 Trace 1007

The airport has been reporting a northwesterly wind all night. Now it's northerly. Let's hope it goes around to northeast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

scotchy wrote: »
    Never mind that:mad:. Whats the snow situation?

stop getting narky!!! :P

if you don't have snow by now in dublin, you're not likely to get it. So ha. Serves you right. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Have parts of Dublin not received snow tonight ? Nearly sure I was looking at pictures of the M50 Ballymount an hour ago and it was down to one lane from snow cover :confused:

Dublin 13 has almost nothing - a couple of showers of graupel. Howth Head probably has a good bit more, but where I am, which is near Darndale, we have nothing.

That said, the wind is picking up here now and it's clouding over - and there is yet another shower of graupel, so I am hopeful of something more substantive later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

No.
    Dublin is missing out because the airflow is NNE and never went NE as forecasted.

thats correct. i just went out to look at the wind direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Practical blizzard here again. Took a few pics not the best will get better on the walk home. It honestly just keeps getting heavier i walked out in the front yard 2 min ago and my footsteps are gone already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

No snow in Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    But we dont want it to rise ......................................

It's the surface wind shifting to North-East:(:( 2.5C/-0.1C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

linguist wrote: »

The airport has been reporting a northwesterly wind all night. Now it's northerly. Let's hope it goes around to northeast.

Will that send some up my direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Last report of the day...

Temperature: -1.7 °C
    Dew Point: -2.0 °C

No snow. Clearish skies.

Night all. White Dreams. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

linguist wrote: »

What about the M2 buoy, thats showing a wind direction of 30, which from memory is what Su mentioned as being what we need? What does 30 indicate???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Don't mind him, looking out the window just now and it's just started to snow :D
    theres still hope :).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

stop getting narky!!! :P

if you don't have snow by now in dublin, you're not likely to get it. So ha. Serves you right. :P

Looks like a shower near New Ross around 1am, gettin closer to ya...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

How old is the 3 hour rain chart? In my opinion it's already ancient history.
    At this stage it's clearly obvious that all ppn will be south of Bray, in other words only Wicklow and Wexford.

I was thinking this myself , went onto the MET.ie site to check the time it was released but it has no time on it .

I dont think it has passed yet because I have nothing from it , and basically all of Dublin would of got cover from it too.

101092.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »
    OK people. Been at the Christy Moore gig in Vicar Street.

Can someone bring me up to speed on what’s been happening?

:D

We got a text half way through the gig to say it was Bucketing down in Blackrock. Hard to to stay focused on the bould Christy after getting info like that.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    It's the surface wind shifting to North-East:(:( 2.5C/-0.1C

How high can DP go before it turns to sleet/ rain & wrecks my snow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Will Cork ever see anything other than really dangerous roads?

Thanks,
    Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Don't mind him, looking out the window just now and it's just started to snow :D
    theres still hope :).

Where are you??

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    Where are you??
    Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Felixdhc wrote: »
    What about the M2 buoy, thats showing a wind direction of 30, which from memory is what Su mentioned as being what we need? What does 30 indicate???

That would be 30 degrees clockwise of north , but am not sure. that would be NNE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

we might get some of the stuff coming down through westmeath at the moment . . .it could come our way if it doesn't fizzle out by then . . .

I think it's fair to call it at this stage that Dublin has missed out on snow this time except for the lightest dusting here and there... It doesn't seem to be happening north of Bray...

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Felixdhc wrote: »

Looking good for a northeasterly. 030 degrees. Straight northeasterly would by 045. But it's close enough. I'm not giving up hope yet - not by a longshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Ballyfermot.

Pah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

just starting to lightly very lightly snow in rivervalley swords. wind is picking up a fair bit now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I think it's fair to call it at this stage that Dublin has missed out on snow this time except for the lightest dusting here and there... It doesn't seem to be happening north of Bray...

oh it is, 2 cm here in dalkey...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Temp gone up to 2.8c in Dun Laoghaire. Seems to be a slight thaw! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    How high can DP go before it turns to sleet/ rain & wrecks my snow ?

I'm not sure tbh..we wanna hope it stops rising soon though...2.6C/0.0C now

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    Pah!
    ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement