Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Six Nations General Banter Thread. *Read Mod Warning. Post no.5*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

danthefan wrote: »
    12 was a contentious spot but it has to be D'Arcy now imo, he's been brilliant for Leinster in the HEC this season.

Yeah, Wallace scored a nice try yesterday but D'Arcy was outstanding. His performance yesterday sealed the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Has this weekend changed anybody's minds about the twenty two?

I was leaning towards Darcy at 12 but now I'm sure. He really stood up against LI. If Ireland are struggling in some match like Leinster were, (England and Scotland will be tricky) we might really need a performance like that.

I think Trimble may have restated his case for inclusion in the 22. Not just his try but his all round performance, very fast, very strong and playing out of his skin. I know the same goes for Shaggy but I think Trimble is being overlooked slightly, especially with his age being considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

9. Boss (I'm sure it will be TOL)
    10. Sexton
    11. Earls
    12. D'Arcy
    13. BOD
    14. Bowe
    15. Kearney

20. TOL
    21. ROG
    22. Trimble

Tough on Horgan but someone has to miss out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I am shocked that so many posters are still in the 'O'Sullivan era' way of thinking

Kidney runs a Meritocracy

Form will select

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Barname wrote: »
    I am shocked that so many posters are still in the 'O'Sullivan era' way of thinking

Form will select

Kidney has picked Buckley in the past.

While Kidney may be more "adventurous" in selection, for want of a better word, his time in Munster still indicates that he is ultimately a reasonably conservative selector.

• Advertisement

samhail wrote: »
    Never watched a game in croke park.
    looking at a site and its selling tickets for like 200 euro each - do they really go for that price or are they touting ?

Can I interest you in a Bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Form will select

Not really apart from 10 and 9 the team more or less picks itself..

drico will still play 13 kearney 15 bowe 14 paul 5 healslip 8 etc etc etc

Unless there are players of international standard that we dont know about?

twinytwo wrote: »

drico will still play 13 kearney 15 bowe 14 paul 5 healslip 8 etc etc etc

Unless there are players of international standard that we dont know about?

OK, so you are saying Horan starts?

And possibly 11. I imagine Earls will start, but Trimble is certainly making a case for inclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Form will select

Word of the day, well done.

I think Kidney has evolved,he had to considering his woes at Leinster, since his Munster days. He's picking purely on form
    or out of neccessity(trying Buckley due to lack of options)

• Advertisement

OK, so you are saying Horan starts?

No that would be healy for obvious reason the main one being Horan has no game time coming up to the 6 nations...

Baring the injury the team for the six nations will be

1healy
    2kinda open at the mo
    3hayes
    4 o callaghan
    5o connell
    6ferris
    7wallace
    8heaslip
    9tol
    10sexton/Ogara
    11Earls
    12Darcy
    13Drico
    14 Bowe
    15 Kearney

So apart from hooker and 10 the team picks itself we all know this maybe 2/3 changes for italy but thats about it.. why not wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭TheGod

My team

1.Healy
    2.Cronin
    3.Hayes
    4.O'Connell
    5.O'Callaghan
    6.Ferris
    7.Wallace
    8.Heaslip
    9.Boss
    10.Sexton
    11.Trimble
    12.D'arcy
    13.O'Driscoll
    14.Bowe
    15.Kearney

16.Fogarty
    17.Tom Court (can cover both sides something Horan can't do)
    18.Cullen
    19.Sean O'Brien
    20.Reddan
    21.O'Gara
    22.Earls

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Baring the injury the team for the six nations will be

1healy
    2kinda open at the mo
    3hayes
    4 o callaghan
    5o connell
    6ferris
    7wallace
    8heaslip
    9tol
    10sexton/Ogara
    11Earls
    12Darcy
    13Drico
    14 Bowe
    15 Kearney

Following the last rounds of the HEC I'd now say:

1 Healy
    2 Flannery
    3 Hayes
    4 o callaghan
    5 o connell
    6 ferris
    7 wallace
    8 heaslip
    9 Boss
    10 Sexton
    11 Earls
    12 Darcy
    13 Drico
    14 Bowe
    15 Kearney

Close calls:

Obviously ROG vs Sexton I think we'll see both start
    Earls V Trimble
    I also think we'll see Horan quite a bit
    I dont think rory best will have enough game time to feature

Bench

16 Fogarty
    17 Horan
    18 Cullen
    19 O'Brien
    20 ROG
    21 Trimble
    22 TOL

Why are so many people picking Earls at 11?

Hes been playing centre for the last few weeks and whilst hes been good he hasn't been as good as Trimble who has actually been playing 11. I don't really understand it to be honest.

Riskymove wrote: »
    16 Fogarty
    17 Horan
    18 Cullen
    19 O'Brien
    20 ROG
    21 Trimble
    22 TOL

One of Court, or God forbid Buckley, will be on the bench as neither Healy or Horan can cover tighthead.

TheGod wrote: »
    Why are so many people picking Earls at 11?

Hes been playing centre for the last few weeks and whilst hes been good he hasn't been as good as Trimble who has actually been playing 11. I don't really understand it to be honest.

well earls is hardly going to play 13 now is he :D... i would play earls 11 all he needs is a bit of quality ball off drico plus a tiny bit of space and he will leave most defenders grabing at air. Plus why would you have trimble ahead of both earls and shaggy. Earls and shaggy always give 110% for their work ethic alone they deserve to be on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

well earls is hardly going to play 13 now is he :D... i would play earls 11 all he needs is a bit of quality ball off drico plus a tiny bit of space and he will leave most defenders grabing at air. Plus why would you have trimble ahead of both earls and shaggy. Earls and shaggy always give 110% for their work ethic alone they deserve to be on the team.

By that logic Ian Dowling would be our 11.

Anyway currently, I'd like Trimble to start but would have no issues if Earls is picked.

Risteard wrote: »
    By that logic Ian Dowling would be our 11.

Anyway currently, I'd like Trimble to start but would have no issues if Earls is picked.

Nice position to be in is'nt it? I thought we'd be in bother after Fitz was crocked but pretty much every other Irish winger in the country has put their hand up.

Nice position to be in is'nt it? I thought we'd be in bother after Fitz was crocked but pretty much every other Irish winger in the country has put their hand up.

flipping country is awash with wingers,fb's and backrows... why no props:(... id be happy if we could just find one for hayes

Yep. I mean someone like Fitz. gets injured we can bring two young talents who are in form and guy with a wealth of experience who is playing great.

Not bad. If only we could get a TH though.

• Advertisement

Yep. I mean someone like Fitz. gets injured we can bring two young talents who are in form and guy with a wealth of experience who is playing great.

Not bad. If only we could get a TH though.

Even Hurley and Carr have shown enough to fill a gap.

TH :mad: The IRFU should send a Corrigan and Clohessy to Georgia and bring back a couple of 18yr old wrestlers.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

After two more fairly poor performances from our two main sh's TOL and Reddan, what do people think are the chances of them being dropped and Boss/Stringer being brought in. Id love to see Stringer and Sexton together, but dont think it will happen.

If TOL is picked he will have to greatly improve his kicking, which has been poor enough for a while now.

wixfjord wrote: »
    After two more fairly poor performances from our two main sh's TOL and Reddan, what do people think are the chances of them being dropped and Boss/Stringer being brought in. Id love to see Stringer and Sexton together, but dont think it will happen.

If TOL is picked he will have to greatly improve his kicking, which has been poor enough for a while now.

Dont know what to do with O Leary that needless intercept pass last weekend the blockdown friday night which could have cost us the game... his game has seriously gone hill since he busted his ankle.. Bring back the stringer.

Can't see Stringer getting picked ahead of O'Leary if O'Leary's starting ahead of him for Munster. If I was McGahan however Stringer would be 100% starting for Munster.

I'd like O'Leary to be given a chance against Italy despite playing poorly at the moment to see how he'll play under Kidney. When he's playing well, I think he's our best scrum-half but if his poor form continues then I'd like Boss to be introduced.

I'd like O'Leary to be given a chance against Italy despite playing poorly at the moment to see how he'll play under Kidney. When he's playing well, I think he's our best scrum-half but if his poor form continues then I'd like Boss to be introduced.

Yeah but if Kidney is going to actually stick by his idea of playing players in form, O Leary shouldnt start. Hes been very poor, and may be good defensively and very quick and strong, but his pass isnt anything special and his kicking is poor. Boss is without doubt the form sh and should be given a chance imo.

Yeah but if Kidney is going to actually stick by his idea of playing players in form, O Leary shouldnt start. Hes been very poor, and may be good defensively and very quick and strong, but his pass isnt anything special and his kicking is poor. Boss is without doubt the form sh and should be given a chance imo.

I agree. I would have absolutely no issues whatsoever if Boss plays. Maybe give them a half each against Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

flipping country is awash with wingers,fb's and backrows... why no props:(... id be happy if we could just find one for hayes

I'd always guess it's some tendency for Irish people to be tall and a bit lanky really.

Compared to the Georgians who have a remarkable tendency to be short, squat and angry.

Talking vague averages, I mean, Dimitri Yachvilli is technically Georgian and I wouldn't describe him as prop like. :pac:

I'd always guess it's some tendency for Irish people to be tall and a bit lanky really.

Compared to the Georgians who have a remarkable tendency to be short, squat and angry.

Talking vague averages, I mean, Dimitri Yachvilli is technically Georgian and I wouldn't describe him as prop like. :pac:

Short and angry though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Short and angry though!

You can take the man out of Georgia, but you can't take the Georgian out of the man? :p

Advertisement