Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010 Reg Watch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Behind my first 10 reg today (TS), going abnormally slowly even for the conditions. Someones very proud of their new car clearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I saw my first 2010 car today !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Jaysus isnt that terrible - he should be showing an example and get a prius or something similar
    There's a supply shortage with the Prius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Jaysus isnt that terrible - he should be showing an example and get a prius or something similar

You must be having a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

VolvoMan wrote: »
    You must be having a laugh?

He's right you know:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Saw my first 10-reg today:

Toyota Land Cruiser
    RC LC GX LWB

Engine: 3.0L
    Fuel Type: Diesel
    Colour: Grey

Came across it at Casey's filling station in Roscommon. Still had a plastic cover on the drivers seat, so might just have been before delivery or so.

10-reg.jpg

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I can't believe its a year since 09 regs started coming out. I remember one guy on here thought his mother/wife (cant remember) was getting the fingers and had the car spat on by disgruntled/jealous drivers, all because she was driving a 2009 car.

Anyone remember that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A 10 CE 2XX passed me today.

It was a BMW X1. I must say it has some presence on the road and its Bi-Xenons look cool.

Seriously its a big looking car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

seenn quite a few 10Cxxx reg cars here in north cork but 4 figures have yet to be seen (i suspect its the same car i keep seeing which the dealer has constantly on the road to make it look like they are making mega sales:)

in 1987 numbers in Cork didnt reach 10000, will they this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭GusGus

is anyone surprized taht after 13 days Renault have sold 506 cars . this in my opinion is doing very well compared to other makes especially as they now have only 4 dealers in Dublin ........:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

GusGus wrote: »
    is anyone surprized taht after 13 days Renault have sold 506 cars . this in my opinion is doing very well compared to other makes especially as they now have only 4 dealers in Dublin ........:)

A typical case of Dublinitis here.

In fact 115 Renaults were sold in Dublin. It may surprise you but people and dealerships exist outside of Dublin where the rest of the Renaults were sold.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

saw a 10-D-1678 today on the M50.
    Renault Megane.

there will also be a new 10-KE-*** on the road soon, twill be a Ford Fusion. wooo.

Heard a report last night that the sales of new cars is behind last year.
    i think they forgot that the weather has a lot to do with it, as i was speaking to a suzuki and Ford dealer in Kildare, and they were saying they had people lined up for cars and cars waiting for them, but the weather was stopping them, they also had a shortage of second hand cars due to people not travelling.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭callumk

photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

saw 10c1001 on a merc here in south west cork yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

saw my first 2010 there the other day...
    an m tech 3 series coupe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭oxegen85

just like buses... none for ages.. then I see 2 in a row... saw 3 reg 10 cars today... 2 ford amd a peugot if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

Mc Love wrote: »

its ok, what really happens in Ford dontae the car to him for the year. goes back to years ago when Ford cars were made in Cork and they has a massive depot too

In the 80s and 90s it was always Ghia Scorpios or Granadas

1922 wrote: »
    its ok, what really happens in Ford dontae the car to him for the year. goes back to years ago when Ford cars were made in Cork and they has a massive depot too

In the 80s and 90s it was always Ghia Scorpios or Granadas

Not only that. The Ford family is originally from Cork, if I recall correctly.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Is it just me or is the new E class a big seller in 2010? Ive seen lots of them around Dublin. Maybe i just notice them because they are new, not too sure about the back but the coupes looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

1922 wrote: »
    its ok, what really happens in Ford dontae the car to him for the year.
    If it's the same as the other cities, City Hall tenders for a 3/5 year contract where local dealers are invited to tender a lease that incldes annual replacement of the car.

• Advertisement

Spotted 3 of'em today.

First near Newbridge: 10-G-250 - Parts Plus seem to have got themselves a new Ford Transit Connect.

Then 10-G-333 in Galway - Ford Fiesta

and then 10-G-555 in Doorus - a red Mazda 3, so new, that mywheels even does have it in the database yet.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Saw four so far, all CN regs.

First was 10-cn-255 (I think) It was a Nissan Qashqui (Or Xtrail or one of those Nissan SUV jobbies)

Then today, 3 10-CN-XXX's A Fiesta, and can't remember what the other 2 were.

265 I think was the highest, and AFAIK, they start at 250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

Its a Toyota!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

seen on Kylemore road.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭carmad

malcox wrote: »
    i normally change every 2 yrs. i have a 07 passat but i didnt change last year as i knew this slowdown was coming. i didnt change this year either as last year i think their was a lot of snobbery with 09 plates. I think i will hold on to this until next year and see how all of you get on with the new suberb. I would hate driving a 10 now. I think everyone would be looking at you and turnin up their nose... all the best.

Who gives a F*** about everyone else. Bloody jealousy ripples this country. If you work hard and have the extra few bob to change your car, its your business. People shouldn't judge. And more importanly those who change in 2010, will get a great deal and are making a huge postive impute into the motor industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Who gives a F*** about everyone else. Bloody jealousy ripples this country. If you work hard and have the extra few bob to change your car, its your business. People shouldn't judge. And more importanly those who change in 2010, will get a great deal and are making a huge postive impute into the motor industry.

Agreed. That kind of wankerosity is endemic in this country. A woman I work with has a 10 MO reg, and while we have all taken a paycut at work, and shes a higher grade than most of the rest of us, she was a driving 98 around before she got the 10. Fair play to her, well ware I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Seen 10-WH-10 Friday evening in Athlone. Its a BMW. Not sur eof the model but I think its a 520

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭sk8board

was looking on that motorcheck.ie link someone posted here, and so far in Jan the registrations are down 56%, with half the month still to go. Even if the snow kept people away, garages could struggle to make the same number of sales as Jan '09.

as of Jan 14th, its at just under 7k, with just under 17k regstered in Jan 09.

saw a few 10's on the Naas road traffic yesterday, but they seem few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Man thats bad news...I wonder would the snow have made that much of a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seen 10-WH-10 Friday evening in Athlone. Its a BMW. Not sur eof the model but I think its a 520

€1000 extra for that number!

Advertisement