Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010 Reg Watch

Options
  • 01-01-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

suppose it will be Monday before we see the first of the 2010 registartion numbers

10-C-1 will be the Lord Mayor's Mondeo in Cork

there is also the possibility that 10s will be as rare as hen's teeth!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

1922 wrote: »
    suppose it will be Monday before we see the first of the 2010 registartion numbers

10-C-1 will be the Lord Mayor's Mondeo in Cork

there is also the possibility that 10s will be as rare as hen's teeth!!
    thats what i thought last year bout 09s. but i saw two 09s in the first week of jan'.we will have 10 car in 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Lets take photos of the first 2010 reg we see and post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

As of about 12 today it was at about 207 in Laois and 202 in Kilkenny (they start at 200)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not what you'd call brisk.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I suppose you could throw a few reg's into my wheels and see what the registered car is. What would the format be ex: 10D1 or 10D01. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I saw one on Christmas Day in Blackrock, Louth. A Kuga it was, not sure if it was a real plate, belonged to a garage I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

As of about 12 today it was at about 207 in Laois and 202 in Kilkenny (they start at 200)

Didn't think it would be possible to register a car today, it being a holiday and that. What is the logic in starting of at 200 though?

you can register cars at the start of the year, you do it online, it's all automated, all you need is ROS, a TAN number and a plate printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

picture.php?albumid=685&pictureid=4562

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

picture.php?albumid=685&pictureid=4562

I hate when dealers do that! It cries desperation. I've seen a few dealers do it with cherished plates that they didn't own (09-county-1, etc.)

Nice yellowbelly metallic paint though;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I saw 10-D-5 last Sunday. A Mazda MX-5 on the forecourt of Maxwell Motors in Blackrock (not sure if it was the actual plate or not but it wouldn't surprise me).

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Not sure whether above are genuine plates, but this one definitely is. Owner goes for 201 every year.

01012010216.jpg

Jomcc wrote: »
    Not sure whether above are genuine plates, but this one definitely is. Owner goes for 201 every year.

01012010216.jpg

Fcuking madness! €1000 for the '201' plate for your focus from the revenue commissioners.

I'd put it towards getting a mondeo!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Fcuking madness! €1000 for the '201' plate for your focus from the revenue commissioners.

I'd put it towards getting a mondeo!

Absolutely crazy. Just checked back thru Cartell. All LS 201's since 2003 were Focus except 2004. I'm presuming they were all belonging to this man. Someone pointed it out to me last year after I saw he booked 09. It was absolute waste of money paying 350 for specifis plate on Focus but paying 2000 in past 2 years suggests this man needs to increase his tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭diamondtooth

Yeah its bad enough paying for a number plate but to the put it on a Ford is even worse.

Jomcc wrote: »
    Absolutely crazy. Just checked back thru Cartell. All LS 201's since 2003 were Focus except 2004. I'm presuming they were all belonging to this man. Someone pointed it out to me last year after I saw he booked 09. It was absolute waste of money paying 350 for specifis plate on Focus but paying 2000 in past 2 years suggests this man needs to increase his tablets.

And if my eyesight is correct looking at the image, the Focus is a poverty-spec 'Style' model.

Oh FFS, I'm nearly reaching for the tables myself! He must have won the money; nobody who worked hard for it would fcuken waste it like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

In Kerry motor works this moring.
    Image0109.jpg

a select few people want their car on the 1st. most don't - some garages don't even open on the 1st. It wouldn't be unusual for the same person to get a 201 every year, in fact the salesmen some garages aim to get regular customers the same number every year. (without paying - just doing them in a certain order)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

And if my eyesight is correct looking at the image, the Focus is a poverty-spec 'Style' model.

Oh FFS, I'm nearly reaching for the tables myself! He must have won the money; nobody who worked hard for it would fcuken waste it like that!!
    Why would you want 201 anyway,it isnt the same as 1,most people dont know the regs start at 200 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why would you want 201 anyway,it isnt the same as 1,most people dont know the regs start at 200 anyway.

I didn't. I assumed they started at 1 like the Mayors car.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Why not, maybe the owner has more money than sense (even if they are driving a focus), maybe it means something special to the owner. Who know's and who cares. Maybe he didn't even pay the €1K for the privilege, as 201 is not exactly a desirable number.

Maybe i care after that rant. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭MarkN

It's €1,000 all day long, the number doesn't matter, just some will go quicker than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

MarkN wrote: »
    It's €1,000 all day long, the number doesn't matter, just some will go quicker than others.

You looking to change to anything for the new year, Mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭MarkN

I'm changing an alloy wheel that got ruined on New Years Eve when 400+ brake and semi slicks weren't up to the job but that's about it :D

I know someone waiting on an E250 diesel coupe, was meant to be coming in a week or so, dealer told them before Christmas Merc have put back production or slowed it down etc -he's not getting it til April now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

To everyone givin out about your man spending €1000 on the focus 201 reg plate - am missing something?!?.. I thought only plates under 200 are categorised as cherished/special plates? People jumping the gun a bit?

If I was getting a relatively decent new car, id have no prob spending 1000 on 01-D-10... I like the symmetry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Hopefully picking up my 10 reg Outlander next week weather permitting. Mitsubishi knocked 13k off the price so couldn't resist :D

All 140 at this price are now sold out so just shows the business is there if the price is right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I got our first 2010 car in the week before Christmas. Don't know if the dealer was going to reg it today or wait until Monday.

First lot of cars we had regged last year were around 450 (Dublin) so will be interesting to see if it's higher, lower or around the same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

ION08 wrote: »
    To everyone givin out about your man spending €1000 on the focus 201 reg plate - am missing something?!?.. I thought only plates under 200 are categorised as cherished/special plates? People jumping the gun a bit?

If I was getting a relatively decent new car, id have no prob spending 1000 on 01-D-10... I like the symmetry

All regs can be reserved but it still costs €1000 per plate.

Wife is getting a new company car will be a mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

I started reading this thread 'cos I wondered what the f it was about.... I now realise it is for saddos who a)look at regs b) pay for specials and c) probably watch those UK saddo shows about cars where eejits stand around for hours listening to sh*te.

A car is a means of transport, not much else.

BTW I own a '72 classic car, so I'm not an 'anti'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

All regs can be reserved but it still costs €1000 per plate.
    so how do people know that the guy with the focus actually reserved that number and paid 1000 for it as opposed to just having being issued it??

I agree that ipaying 1000 for that particular reg on that particular car would be madness but each to their own, I just don't like it when people are so quick to point the finger and begrudge without gettin their facts straight first!?

1000 on reg plate is a bit steep, even a rip off, but could still see why it would appeal to some people

Advertisement