Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hahaha that's so cute. .. my 18 month old just thinks it's hilarious to stick his finger in my belly button :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Very cute Eoineo! Can't stand anyone touching my belly button cbyrd, but how do you tell an 18 month old?!

29 weeks today, and expanding rapidly. Wore a dress today and thought I looked huge. It looked much better last week. Can't keep growing at this rate for 11 more weeks!! Ok, ok, I'm sure I won't, but it scares me...there's no way I'll escape stretchmarks if I keep expanding this fast!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

cbyrd wrote: »
    this is the biggest bump i've had. . and i think baba wants out via anywhere. . :eek: s/he's so so strong. .

haahaa that was me the last couple of weeks...jees I thought babs was trying to beat it's way out lol...the last few days it's been pretty quiet though, I was starting to get a bit worried...but it's mooching around nicely now. So I'm thinking I should enjoy the quiet before it starts kicking off again :D

Re the Toddlers and baby bumps...it's crazy...my little boy loves it...every morning he rubs it and says 'hello liddle baby'...it's very sweet, but I'm not sure how impressed he's going to be when he realises 'liddle baby' will be here to stay :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Our toddler swings on the bump thing, going from attacking me and it with an evil gleam in his eyes to stroking and talking to it and lifting my top to shove biscuits in my belly button for baby to eat. Think this poor baby is going to be tortured with both cruelty and love!

Hayfever :sniff: :sniff:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

Oh I just thought I was in labour really bad pain my stomach was cramping I couldn't walk with the pain I'm only 25 weeks. ;( ...Turned out all I needed was a fart. Feel better now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

babs.jones wrote: »
    Oh I just thought I was in labour really bad pain my stomach was cramping I couldn't walk with the pain I'm only 25 weeks. ;( ...Turned out all I needed was a fart. Feel better now ;)

thank god someone else! im 14 weeks and get badish cramps on and off but was relieved by a fart! theres alot of it going around. think its worse cos i have ibs! :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

KayTee wrote: »
    Hayfever :sniff: :sniff:

My GP told me I could take Piriton when was preggers.. Probable best to consult your GP before taking anything though..

Thanks xzanti, every doc has a different opinion, I was told to suffer it out basically! Midwife told me she had taken clarityn while pregnant, but to check with gp before getting it. No need for anything on these rainy days, the only good thing about this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

Due date today :) please get out now baby !

• Advertisement

^ Not long now, keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

15 weeks tomorrow and keep convincing myself today that I'm actually not pregnant:o. The bit of a bump I have goes up and down like a yoyo. Am having weird, random dreams every night, and what with that and getting up several times to wee, I'm banjaxed when it's time to get up:(.
    One person has already asked am I over the shock of finding out I'm pregnant. Eh, actually I'm delighted, feel so lucky to be pregnant again. Just because I have big age gaps between kids, with bloody good reason, does not mean this pregnancy wasn't planned:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

73Cat wrote: »
    15 weeks tomorrow and keep convincing myself today that I'm actually not pregnant:o. The bit of a bump I have goes up and down like a yoyo. Am having weird, random dreams every night, and what with that and getting up several times to wee, I'm banjaxed when it's time to get up:(.

i know how you feel. im always checking my belly. at night it is huge and in the mornin its nearly gone!! i have very wierd random dreams too but im at the stage now where i dont remember them or will remember them at random times during the day!! ibs pains and stretching pains were getting to me yesterday but today its not too bad. dont mind having pains as long as i know what they are. back to doc 16th so im recording the pains so i know what ive to say to him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazyginlady

will be four days over tomorrow :( lets hope my checkup goes well .

What you need to do is make plans for a night out or a special day out and wait and see how the baby arrives to spoil your plans :D this happened me on my second i was 12 days over and in the hospital for a checkup. . midwife said they'll likely send me home until day 14.. so my lovely husband said lets go out for dinner to our favourite restaurant and have lovely steak and tiramisu. . i could almost taste the steak and it cheered me up. . only to have the consultant come in and tell me to come back at 7 that evening as they were going to start me in the morning :eek: the restaurant closed down before we got to go back to it. . :mad:
    On the up side if baby doesn't arrive you'll have had a nice time :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Hi girls

Hope ye are all doing well
    Its great to see the rain- cool the place down.

I am wrecked - not sleeping properly at moment and starting to feel restless in myself.
    I am starting my maternity leave mid september but feel so wrecked at moment feel as if the day will never come.

I cant believe how quickly the train-wreck tiredness has come back.
    I am getting dizzy when standing ( i talked to gp-- but he said this is normal --) so its just a matter of getting on with it and hoping the time flies and we will be meeting our baby so soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I am 38 weeks now and very impatient. Started maternity leave last Friday and able for nothing but sleep. I feel like a baby myself!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm really missing being able to wear my wedding rings. Have them on a chain around my neck but it's just not the same :( Also had a doc appt and they told me baby's head is engaged so he's good to go anytime. That's just made me even more impatient! Sorely tempted to blow up the birthing ball and have a bit of a bounce providing my hips can take it!!!

34 weeks today and i've gone mad getting the house ready. . 3 hours i spent on my knees putting together 2 chests of drawers for ben's room. . :rolleyes: I am never going to ikea again.. i spent a fortune.. i had to force myself to keep walking past things like baby night lights. It was only my first trip there too, my husband knows what i'm like and had forbidden me to ever step inside. . :D
    Only problem is my legs are so stiff since that getting up off the couch or a chair is agony :( poor me
    I have 2 half days off this week, this morning and friday morning. . this retirement thing is working well for me :rolleyes: back to school rush is starting and they all want their hair cut, thank god they can't read my thoughts :eek: :pac:

back to school rush is starting and they all want their hair cut, thank god they can't read my thoughts :eek: :pac:

just don't shave any profanities into the back of their heads :eek:

• Advertisement

just don't shave any profanities into the back of their heads :eek:

That would be hilarious :D i have a full day of it tomorrow. . kids discount day. . :eek:

. kids discount day. . :eek:

There's just no saving you is there :rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

hello ladies
    hope all is well with all of you. I had my 18week scan yesterday, and everything looks good apart from a front low lying placenta. Hopefully it will correct itself. the doctor didnt seem worried but then i came home and google it myself......bad idea...The placenta was in the same position at my 12 week scan. and its now wrote on my chart..:(
    i have a glucose test at 26 weeks and another scan at 32 weeks.
    this is my 1st baby and sometimes i feel like "what the hell is going on".
    As I said i am 18 weeks and still haven't felt movement. the husband is sick of me asking him is this normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

hello ladies
    hope all is well with all of you. I had my 18week scan yesterday, and everything looks good apart from a front low lying placenta. Hopefully it will correct itself. the doctor didnt seem worried but then i came home and google it myself......bad idea...The placenta was in the same position at my 12 week scan. and its now wrote on my chart..:(
    i have a glucose test at 26 weeks and another scan at 32 weeks.
    this is my 1st baby and sometimes i feel like "what the hell is going on".
    As I said i am 18 weeks and still haven't felt movement. the husband is sick of me asking him is this normal.

The front lying placenta would explain why you haven't had movement yet. It could be at least another month before you begin to feel anything. So perfectly normal.

Step away from Dr Google :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

Thanks for the reply. yeah I won't be going near google again. the Doctor doesnt seem to be worried yet so I am going to put it out of my mind until the next scan at 32 weeks...
    I so want to feel the baby kicking ASAP. Alot of people are asking me if I am feeling movement but I am saying not sure what I am feeling. I have a little bump. the baby wont move yesterday at the 18week scan so still dont know if its a boy or girl. but as long as the baby is health I dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Don't worry about not feeling the baby kick yet, I only felt it the day before my 21 week scan (at the Def Leppard gig no less, during Alice Coopers set! :D) Had my 21 week scan the next day, so went to it totally relaxed because I'd finally felt kicks.

Getting battered now, all day today & yesterday for some reason, I've been kicked & punched - I'm 31 weeks, baby must have changed positions or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 5 penguins bars

Hi all,

new here to the pregnant forum & decided to introduce myself with a rant (as you do!)
    I'm very early days in my pregnancy (just coming up on 5 weeks :eek:) but had a miscarriage a year ago at 8 weeks & it took a very long year to get pregnant again, so I'm very nervous about things at the moment.

I had told one person I was expecting who let it slip to another person who in turn told someone else.

I'm really upset, we haven't told the rest of the family yet as I wanted to wait til I had my 8 week scan before telling them first. Now I'm worried it'll get back to them before I say it to them :mad::mad::mad:
    Plus (& I know this probably sounds silly), I'm worried it may have put a jinx on this pregnancy having other people know so soon.

Sorry rant over! It'll be a veeeeery long pregnancy if I get into ranting at this stage ;):D

Cbyrd you & I were on this same thread in 2009/2010 ;) can't believe you're nearly due, that has flown by :eek: (well for me anyway, I remember only too well how slow the last few weeks go)

Hope ye are all well & I'll try keep the rants to minimum ;)

Setlikejelly - I had the same (low lying placenta) when I was pregnant with my daughter & didn't feel kicks til I think it was 22 weeks.
    They don't seem to worry too much about the low lying placenta until later in the pregnancy, apparently its relatively common & can go back up of its own accord (mine did at about week 33ish)
    My consultant didn't even tell me I had low lying, he scribbled 'placenta previa' on my card which I could barely make out in his Doctor scribble. I too went made the mistake of consulting Dr Google for more info :eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi all,

new here to the pregnant forum & decided to introduce myself with a rant (as you do!)
    I'm very early days in my pregnancy (just coming up on 5 weeks :eek:) but had a miscarriage a year ago at 8 weeks & it took a very long year to get pregnant again, so I'm very nervous about things at the moment.

One of my colleagues told me today that she's pregnant. I had absolutely no intention of telling anyone I was pregnant until I reached the 12 week stage, or at the very earliest the 8 week mark (when I have my first hospital scan).
    But I caught up in her excitement and told her I was expecting too (we're due the same time :) )
    She let it slip to another one of my colleagues, this I don't mind too much as I get on very well with them both.
    However the second colleagues husband came over to me & congratulated me on my good news later in the day :eek: so obviously he had been told too.

I'm livid, we haven't told the rest of the family yet as I wanted to wait til I had my 8 week scan before telling them first. Now I'm worried it'll get back to them before I say it to them :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry rant over! It'll be a veeeeery long pregnancy if I get into ranting at this stage ;):D

Cbyrd you & I were on this same thread in 2009/2010 ;) can't believe you're nearly due, that has flown by :eek: (well for me anyway, I remember only too well how slow the last few weeks go)

Hope ye are all well & I'll try keep the rants to minimum ;)

Setlikejelly - I had the same (low lying placenta) when I was pregnant with my daughter & didn't feel kicks til I think it was 22 weeks.
    They don't seem to worry too much about the low lying placenta until later in the pregnancy, apparently its relatively common & can go back up of its own accord (mine did at about week 33ish)
    My consultant didn't even tell me I had low lying, he scribbled 'placenta previa' on my card which I could barely make out in his Doctor scribble. I too went made the mistake of consulting Dr Google for more info :eek::o

If you're anon at the moment... I think I already know who you are :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 5 penguins bars

January wrote: »
    If you're anon at the moment... I think I already know who you are :eek:

Your S is the same age as my R if that helps ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Your S is the same age as my R if that helps ;)

I KNEW IT!!!!! :D:D:D Delighted for you :D

You're not trying very hard to be anon are you :p

Advertisement