Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I woke up this morning to an almighty kick at about half 6. . this was after listening to a conversation at 3:07am about helping one of the girls get in her downstairs loo window after a night out cos she forgot her keys.. it was hilarious apparently for the 6 or 7 who got out of a taxi outside my bedroom window. . shouting about it loud enough to wake my 3 kids and then i got so mad i got indigestion .. :(
    Now the suns gone away, i have no clothes that fit cos my bump just exploded out in the last few days and i'm just generally feeling very sorry for myself. .
    Ah well i guess it means a shopping spree is coming up . . :rolleyes:
    Congratulations Storminateacup . . can't wait to be your side of it .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

We bought nappies :eek:
    I am feeling a bit organised and a bit terrified!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Im 39 weeks 2 days and am absloutley dying with the flu, feel awful. Pains everywhere, weak, bad cough and cold, hot and cold-the whole shebang. Rang the hospital and they said to see GP tomorrow as its bank hol today, stay inside and keep wrapped up an drink plenty of fluids. Im just so worried because if i went into labour now i dont think i could cope i feel that bad. And because im pregnant i obviously cant take any tablets that would make a difference like neurofen etc, and paracetemol arent much good really. Just having a whinge, feeling really sorry for myself and cant believe how bad the timing of this is....:( also i have zero appetite, which is usually the norm with a flu but hope this wont have any adverse effects on the baby would it?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I bought clothes. . . :D
    i went on a shopping spree with my 2 girls bright and early this morning. . . needless to say 99% is for them. . but i've enough to get me through the summer :D yay

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Storminateacup congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Hi all
    its my first time posting here...... i am 19 weeks 3 days gone!

I am having one of those weekends, emotions all over the place.I have realised the more pregnant I become the less tolerant I am becoming of idiots regardless of age. I just do not have energy to deal with them.I find myself extra sensitive to comments too........ and these comments do not even relate to me being pregnant.

Just feeling a bit heavy for past 2 days as if i need to carry the bump to support it!
    Just feel a little bit fed up too........

hugs to everybody! :o

Just having a very meh weekend..I know it will be worth it in end

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hi all
    its my first time posting here...... i am 19 weeks 3 days gone!

I am having one of those weekends, emotions all over the place.I have realised the more pregnant I become the less tolerant I am becoming of idiots regardless of age. I just do not have energy to deal with them.I find myself extra sensitive to comments too........ and these comments do not even relate to me being pregnant.

Just feeling a bit heavy for past 2 days as if i need to carry the bump to support it!
    Just feel a little bit fed up too........

hugs to everybody! :o

im only 8 weeks and a day... but i seem to be very intolerant.

i saw ppl in tesco buying chocolate cake and other nice stuff and i felt like shouting at them and giving out cos i felt crap! everyone just annoyed me that day. and then some ppl want to talk to me and its the last thing i wanted to do!!

hope ur feeling better soon and congrats on being 19 weeks and 3 days. it helps to post stuff here. i only joined last week or so.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

It's horrible I know, and I feel so guilty for feeling like this, but this weekend I feel like being pregnant has ruined my life :(
    I know I'm so lucky that I'm able to have a baby without even having to try and I'm getting to the stage in being pregnant where I love my little baby already, but I don't feel ready for the responsibility of a little person, I feel like so many of the long term things I want to do are so out of reach now, and even the short term little things are on hold for at least a few years.
    It was one of my best friends 30th this weekend, and she came to Dublin for the night with a group of friends and I was originally meant to go out with them for at least part of the night, she didn't want me out in the pubs or clubs during a bank holiday weekend, which in fairness I probably wouldn't be able for anyway- thought she'd cancelled her plans cos depsite my attempts to contact her a few times last week I heard nothing back, but then see that she's put photos up of the night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

Hi
    I'm 19 weeks pregnant on 2nd baby. This pregnancy is soo different than the last ( well the last was 6 years ago).
    I have been so sick at the beginning and was also amitted into hospital for 5 days with migranes. Now I'm an emotional reck I'm crying over every single thing was in sobs of tears over nothing been on the telly earlier.
    Aggggg why is this one so different than my sons. Will this baby then be different than my son was he was a dote he slept through the night from 6 weeks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

babs.jones wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm 19 weeks pregnant on 2nd baby. This pregnancy is soo different than the last ( well the last was 6 years ago).
    I have been so sick at the beginning and was also amitted into hospital for 5 days with migranes. Now I'm an emotional reck I'm crying over every single thing was in sobs of tears over nothing been on the telly earlier.
    Aggggg why is this one so different than my sons. Will this baby then be different than my son was he was a dote he slept through the night from 6 weeks.
    I just had my daughter (we had a son 14 months ago), the pregnancy was very tough but you will honestly forget it when your baby is born. Every pregnancy is different. When I was having bad times (most of the pregnancy) I thought of the result (our final child).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww liliq - *huge hugs*

Pregnancy is hard:(

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

only about 3 hours sleep last night because of leg pain and really bad reflux, like my throat was being burnt from the inside out with acid, despite taking gaviscon and propping myself up with pillows! Tired now, want my baby! :-)

Forgot to say...............HUUGE Congrats on baby Helen, Cathy! x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Winnie, I'm thinking about you each day and you're the reason I keep checking this forum!!!! Fingers crossed the baby will come soon. Being a mum is really the best feeling ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭deeduck48

29 weeks, heading to cork to bring my o/h for a stag tommorow, cant wait to see the old gang again but im d 1st to be pregnant and i know it sounds horrible but im soooo longing for a big girly night out, lots of drinks and dancing and i kind of resent the babs sometimes cos i cant be feckless :( wow that sounds worse outside my head.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Foot cramps...ow ow ow :-(

Will be given a date tomorrow for c-section for my breech baby but last two days I have been getting cramps and lower back pain on and off.........please hold on until tomorrow baby!!

Maybe baby has turned Winnie? Best of luck either way!

Nah I know it hasnt turned, I can still feel head under my ribs!

Any more pains?

• Advertisement

no more pains really, odd little twinges but not as bad.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Having a bit of a stressful weekend, was rushed to holles st on Friday, was getting pains and looked like baby might be having ideas about arriving early! Had 2 doses of steroids and was kept overnight but they let me out yesterday morning. Also found out I'm a carrier for group b strep to add to the stress!! Have my glucose tolerance test on wednesday and I think if they tell me I'm diabetic to boot I'll be a basket case! Sitting at home afraid to move now, still getting the odd pain :( If only they made vallium for preggos. Little dude isn't even born yet and he already has me worried sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Toots you're having a rotten time of it. You poor thing.

Kaytee eat a banana everyday - early in the day is better for the digestion. Helps with the leg cramps along with a small glass of tonic water in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Toots* wrote: »
    Having a bit of a stressful weekend, was rushed to holles st on Friday, was getting pains and looked like baby might be having ideas about arriving early! Had 2 doses of steroids and was kept overnight but they let me out yesterday morning. Also found out I'm a carrier for group b strep to add to the stress!! Have my glucose tolerance test on wednesday and I think if they tell me I'm diabetic to boot I'll be a basket case! Sitting at home afraid to move now, still getting the odd pain :( If only they made vallium for preggos. Little dude isn't even born yet and he already has me worried sick.

Wouldn't stress about the group b strep, at least they know and will be able to treat you for it during and after labour now... one of our regulars was not so lucky last year and her daughter got meningitis at 2 weeks old last year because it was missed.

Hope you're ok and little baby stays put until 40 weeks!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That's what I keep thinking, at least they know now! Do they treat the baby with antibiotics when he's born too, or just me? Bump has been given a stern talking to and was told he's not to get any ideas about being born for at least another 10 weeks! Starting to get the hospital bag sorted today just in case. :o

Toots* wrote: »
    That's what I keep thinking, at least they know now! Do they treat the baby with antibiotics when he's born too, or just me? Bump has been given a stern talking to and was told he's not to get any ideas about being born for at least another 10 weeks! Starting to get the hospital bag sorted today just in case. :o

Here's a thread from 2009. crazy cat lady explains what happens in the second post :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63325668

im 9 weeks and 3 days. did or does anyone else feel like they have been doing a million sit ups. thats what my lower belly feels like now. is this normal?

also the nausa was easing off over the last few days then i was in work sat and in middle of staff handover i had to run for the loo to get sick, well it was more just gagging! felt sick then til i came home the next day. is this normal. ive lower and left side back pain too but this could be the IBS. JUST worried bout somethin goin wrong.

Just your uterus stretching and the nausea is normal until after 12 weeks, some women even suffer all the way through pregnancy...

January wrote: »
    Just your uterus stretching and the nausea is normal until after 12 weeks, some women even suffer all the way through pregnancy...

Thanks! i thought this might be the case but my books said nothin bout how my belly would feel. im sure you can tell its my first baby! the sudden onset of the nausea again threw me aswell! thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I'm nearly 17 weeks now and still gagging every half hour or so, made worse by a horrible dose of flu I managed to pick up somewhere. I'm really hating this, was praying it would pass by 12 weeks but if anything it's getting worse. I guess it's making up for the dream of a pregnancy I had last time. Still another week and a half to go before we get our first scan, I would not be surprised to see a litter of babies in there, it would at least explain the nausea!

Advertisement