Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Cellar - dr.bollocko

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm going to have to start answering questions nobody asked.
    Ten inches.
    Led Zeppelin.
    On the road.
    OK Computer.

And the original questions to these answers were:

What is the imperial equivalent of 254 millimetres?
    Which band would you most like to have been a groupie for?
    After a hard night on the beer, where do you normally wake up?
    What is Radiohead's second best album after The Bends?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Belt or suspenders (or both)?

Boxers, briefs, commando (or other)?

Kiera Knightly or Natalie Portman?

Quentin Tarantino or Martin Scorcese?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Belt or suspenders (or both)?

Boxers, briefs, commando (or other)?

Kiera Knightly or Natalie Portman?

Quentin Tarantino or Martin Scorcese?

Both. Belt and suspenders. Nothing sexier. Those ones that hold up by themselves just aren't the same.

Boxers. Always boxers. Briefs are for people of questionable sexuality.

Natalie portman in a second. Not being a fan of shagging 12 year old boys I don't fancy a 12 year old boy wannabe much so Knightley is out.

Tarantino / Scorsese. Oh that's a tough one. My head says Scorsese but my heart says Tarantino.

What's your favorite midnight snack?

Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste?

Pen or pencil?

If you dont know the words to a song do you improvise?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What's your favourite kind of take away?

Broken any bones? (That toe thing doesn't count :D)

If you could kill one well-known Irish person, with no fear of recrimination, who would it be?

Which of the Seoige sisters?

Do all dogs really go to heaven?

Do you have a favourite song of all-time?

Are you actually a super-villain?

Favourite place in the world?

Place you most want to go that you haven't been before?

Do you know what a kicking, squealing, Gucci little piggy looks like?

How many Private messages do you have on Boards?

Were there any near-misses when you went to "go bollocko"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Who's your favourite AH mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Favorite movie character of all time?

What's your favorite midnight snack?

Favourite midnight snack, a full fry. With fried potatoes. Or french toast. Yeahhhh. I don't eat a lot of chocolate or crisps or anything like that.

Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste?
    Wet that toothbrush! Brushing your teeth is like making love. You don't want to go in gung ho like a virginal teenager. Technique. Lubricant. A steady hand and a constantly changing routine.
    Pen or pencil?
    I use a keyboard. If I don't have that I put messages in my phone. I had to write a christmas card there a few weeks ago. Used a pen for that. But I have no preference.
    If you dont know the words to a song do you improvise?
    No I just mumble along the tricky verses and get disproportionately loud on the chorus.

No I just mumble along the tricky verses and get disproportionately loud on the chorus.

lol :D

Did that myself last night at Bryan Adams.

That wasn't the biggest issue though.

It was knowing what to do when he was singing 'Everything I do'.

Do you sing along? Pretend you don't know it? Sway a little? - I just felt a big gay.

He was a cute big gay though

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What's your favourite kind of take away?
    Durty mexican food or sushi. Or fat chips with a greasy as hell burger.
    Indian and chinese food in ireland is usually muck.
    Broken any bones? (That toe thing doesn't count :D)
    When I was younger I severed a nerve and tendon in my left hand with a glass bottle.
    In college I drunkenly fell off a rather high fence and landed beautifully on a rock head first. Broke my jaw. Missed a gig cos I couldn't sing. Puked a lot. There was a hole pierced in my cheek through air kept whistling out. Wouldn't recommend it.
    I'm also pretty sure I have a broken bone in my baby finger right now.
    If you could kill one well-known Irish person, with no fear of recrimination, who would it be?
    Joe Duffy.
    Which of the Seoige sisters?
    2410_Seoige_H_213402t.jpg
    I dunno which is which.
    The one on the left.
    Do all dogs really go to heaven?
    No because dogs suck and are retarded.

Do you have a favourite song of all-time?
    Are you actually a super-villain?
    Not really. But I pretend to be one on the internet.
    Favourite place in the world?
    Bangkok. Or Golden Gate Bridge. Or whichever factory they build the super nukes that are gonna burn australia off the map forever.
    Place you most want to go that you haven't been before?
    South America. Always been on the cards. Desperate for a grand tour.
    Do you know what a kicking, squealing, Gucci little piggy looks like?
    bacon-panties.jpg
    How many Private messages do you have on Boards?
    Currently 4782. I've had to wipe my pm's a number of times because of the "You have been banned from..." factor. I'm getting a warning saying it's 95% full. That kicks in after it reaches 90%. I've had some variant of that warning for about 6 months now.
    Were there any near-misses when you went to "go bollocko"?
    There was some sort of scuffle about 200 feet down the road that might have distracted attention.
    If you look at the pic you can see I am standing at the bottom of a row of steps. If I was at the top a load of cab drivers would have been treated to my bare arse. As it stands only about three or so cabbies actually saw me. I did a few dry runs. A lot of planning. Learning to dress and undress quickly, picking the route to drive, the time to do it, where to park etc. Then also had to make sure the camera was up to it. Planning made it a bit easier.
    Still pissed off I didn't manage to do it before christmas.

• Advertisement

Of all time or current?
    Of all time would probably be Karoma.
    Current, well I'd have to say you do a fine job.
    </brokeback modding>

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Favorite movie character of all time?

Easy.

250px-Bruce_Campbell_Army_of_Darkness-710635.jpg

:D
    "Gimme some sugar, baby."

Gaspode wrote: »
    Did you happen to see where I left my locker key?

No idea about the locker key.
    Buy a car. Then you don't need a locker.
    And who stole the goodie bag off my desk yesterday?
    Trent. You're lucky to be alive.
    If boards was to disappear suddenly, how would you fill your time?
    If boards suddenly disappeared I'd use lolocaust.org or twitter or play xbox or work out or drink or something. Boards is a great resource. But it's just a forum on the internet after all. I'm through treating it with terminal seriousness cos it's supposed to be fun. After a while being constantly moderating, it just stops being fun. You forget why you're a part of something..
    Have you ever used your mod status to win friends, influence people, or to entice wimmens into your lair?
    I have never used my mod status to entice ladies. I have not been single throughout the entire period of my modship. I don't really think "Btw I'm a moderator on the internet" would make for a good chat up line. I'm crap at chat up lines anyway. I went to a beers or two and met some nice boardsies. But aside from pre-organised boards beers nobody has ever recognised me as dr. bollocko and nobody has ever given me any undue recognition for being him either. In fact it's kind of a sad thing to tell anyone tbh. Particularly now I got me cock out.
    (Sorry for the delay in replying. I only read through this thread again now and realised I missed this.)
    This is great fun. It's like a really crap episode of this is your life with some british rowing champion you've never heard of and instantly hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Trent. You're lucky to be alive.

LMAO

Why did you step down as a mod of AH?

P.C. wrote: »
    LMAO

Why did you step down as a mod of AH?

Well there were many factors in my decision tbh and not all of them for public consumption. I discussed it with mates, the OH, co-mods, admins, lots of people. Anyone who would listen and some that wouldn't.
    I was turning into the kind of moderator I didn't want to be, more crank than happy-go-lucky. That happened a few months back. Maybe more behind the scenes than in AH but I definitely made some posts in the heat of the moment that I later regretted or thought I should have handled better. Old me would have apologised. New me was saying "fuck em."

I really hate to share personal information and it got to a stage where it was literally not possible to control personal info about me coming out. I've been dr.bollocko long before boards so some people who post on boards know who I am. When you're trying to maintain privacy for whatever reason that can become problematic.

I'd been a year on AH and couldn't see myself getting any better at it, only worse. I don't mean that in a smug way. I learned a lot from it but my attitude to posting and posters had changed. Things like Feeky's thread becoming a Zeitgeist. I just didn't get it, no disrespect at all to the chap. Maybe the community moved on from what it was when I joined and left me behind somewhere. I'm not sure when.

When I posted on boards before there was a certain element of escape to it. If I was down for whatever reason I could go on boards and try and make people laugh or get a laugh out of reading things and the interaction cheered me up. Well then it became compulsive where I'd have a crap day and spend the night on boards being dr.bollocko the mod and not really being me. Then there were just more and more and more crap days and more time escaping from them on boards. Boards time got less fun so the escape plan wasn't really working. A good deal of posters or moderators I learned a huge amount from had moved on also and I kinda felt like the last guy left awake at the party. Javaboy quitting sucked, then hagar, then terry really sucked because I think he was the last mod other than the cat mod that was there when I started. Being the most experienced mod there was not something I really wanted to be.

Lots and lots and lots of reasons I guess.
    (You asked)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

^^^^^

I did ask, and fairplay to you, I got an honest answer.

I can actually understand some of it.

I get to post as a 'normal poster' - and get judged on that.
    As a Mod, I think posters read what you post, and sometimes think - 'he/she should know better, being a Mod and all'.

I have seen BGRH change in the time that I have been posting here, and I do and don't know why.

Boards should be fun, even if you are a Mod. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Beer next week?

2410_Seoige_H_213402t.jpg
    I dunno which is which.
    The one on the left.

Good man Dr.B ..

Magnus wrote: »
    Beer next week?

Defo soon. Might be gone next weekend. I'll give you a shout :D
    We'll have to get that frada fecker out too.

OutlawPete wrote: »

So that one's Grainne?
    Bangin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lornas554

Me.
    Could someone please help and, and tell me how to post a new tread, im new to this and really dont know how to work it :(
    Xo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Lornas554 wrote: »
    Could someone please help and, and tell me how to post a new tread, im new to this and really dont know how to work it :(
    Xo

What do you want to post about? There's many forums for many subjects on boards.ie so posting in random places won't be of any benefit to you

have a look here - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

What do you want to post about? There's many forums for many subjects on boards.ie so posting in random places won't be of any benefit to you

well Im trying to find out is there any tattoo artists in cork that tattoo on the neck, and just trying to find someone who could help me.
    Where would I need to post a question like that ?

Xo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Lornas554 wrote: »
    well Im trying to find out is there any tattoo artists in cork that tattoo on the neck, and just trying to find someone who could help me.
    Where would I need to post a question like that ?

Xo

This would be your best bet, it's the Cork City forum - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=478

there's also a Tattoo forum - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=358

This would be your best bet, it's the Cork City forum - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=478

there's also a Tattoo forum - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=358

Thanks a million :)
    Xo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

When 12Aing your SSF picture did you use/tempted to use excessive amounts of black to cover up your manhood?

Which user would you must like to ban just cause you can?

What item of clothing would you most like to be made out of bacon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Things like Feeky's thread becoming a Zeitgeist. I just didn't get it, no disrespect at all to the chap.
    (You asked)

Thank you - I'm not the only one who didn't get the appeal then.

Any favorite AH threads in your time as mod?

Great thread here btw.

Thank you - I'm not the only one who didn't get the appeal then.

Any favorite AH threads in your time as mod?

Great thread here btw.

The best way to view AH if you're looking for some of the classics is like this.
    Filtered by most viewed threads.

Another would have been biggins thread about the crumlin childrens hospital closures.
    It shows that AH is a community in it's way. There were arguments and discussions but a lot of good came out of it.

Young Feeky also started one of the best threads on boards in cool vids pics and links. Photos that shook the world. An astounding thread.
    Frada, we miss him now he's no longer an AH mod started a hilarious photoshop competition.
    The picture battle thread is also good fun.
    Describe your first sexual experience using MS Paint is brilliant.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

• Advertisement

When 12Aing your SSF picture did you use/tempted to use excessive amounts of black to cover up your manhood?

Which user would you must like to ban just cause you can?

What item of clothing would you most like to be made out of bacon?

I totally took the piss with the black coverage on the picture.
    No. Thats not true. It's massive.
    No. Let's be honest. That was a joke for visual effect.
    Kinda embarassed about it now.
    What does 12aing mean?

If I could ban any user it would have to be DeV. Not for any reason. Just cos it would be like banning God or something.

Item of clothing made out of bacon?
    Like a poloneck so I could discretely nibble at the bacon while at work and nobody would know.
    That or undies. I mean you can eat the bacon and you still have pants to cover up your public shame.

Advertisement