Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old were you when you had your 1st proper boyfriend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Um, I was 19 and we were/are good mates, still with him narly two years later and can't imagine not being :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I was 16. We were friends for a while beforehand and still really good friends now. We lasted about 5 months. it was all very innocent and lovely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Kissed boys before this but they were all sloppy and decided I didnt ever want a washing machine kisser until I met my first proper one at 15 he was 17, was with him for 2 years until I found out he was shaggin my best friend :mad:

He really put me off men!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I was 20, and I'm nearly 22 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I was 17, and we ended up together for 5 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I was just shy of 16 when I started seeing him, had turned 16 by the time we made it official. Stayed together 2 and a half years, it was lovely while it lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

right after i turned 17,lasted almost a good three years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

17 and never had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I had a bf for almost a yr when I was 13/14 but it certainly wasn't serious!!

My first proper one was when i was 16,for a year and a half,lost my virginity to him. Ended badly but on good terms now!

Had other brief affairs,nothing more than a few months (and wasn't that serious about any of em!) until I met my OH 2 and a half years ago...defo serious about him!!!:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was 17 at the time, he was 20, we'll be together a year on Stephen's day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

I was 19, so was he, fell madly in love..too much too soon...discovered he was a drug dealer and had a nasty temper. We both decided to end it after 7 months. Most intense 7 months of my life, your first love is mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I was having a great time in 6th year and 1st year of college playing the field and scoring all the players. Hahah! I liked the chase and then would drop lads like a hot cake. :rolleyes: I had no interest in the drama and the intense rubbish that comes with the teenage dating scene. Hearing my friends sob stories and soap opera relationships was enough.

In the summer before 2nd year of college I eventually gave in. We were buds, I was mad about him. Took 3 months to pluck up the courage to kiss him... First love and still together 5 years later. Best friends and living in sin. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Polar Girl

I was 17 and it lasted 8 months. Not pleasant memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

14, lasted a year and a half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cakes

15, it lasted 3.5 years and then he threatened to hospitalise the next one :eek:

Haven't talked to him since and that was 7 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

Had some 2/3 month things when i was around 15 or 16 but met my current boyfriend 3 weeks before my 17th birthday, one week before his 18th and we're still together 2 & 1/2 years later & i just couldn't be without him :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

17/18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I was 15, he was 18. My first everything, kiss, love, heartbreak etc..

Weren't togther that long maybe 10months, I was so in love with him and sure he was the one. It was amazing! He broke my heart, well and truly. Took me a while to get over him.

Had a few rendez-vous's over the years but havn't spoken to him in nearly 2years.

Was 6years ago at this stage, I'm 21 now.

I wouldn't change a single thing. Learnt a few valuable lessons from it and when it was good it was perfect! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

16 :mad:

I was 18
    We're really good mates now. I love him to bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Didn't start going out with a guy until I was 21. I had been with a few guys but nothing at all serious. After my ex I started going out with my current BF, so I've only dated two guys ever. I sort of wish I'd started dating earlier, just cos I have so much less experience with relationships than my boyfriend and I'm still not sure of what I want and don't want. I didn't go through that teenage 'dating someone for 2 weeks' stage which I think you really need. I was really shy and antisocial back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I went out with a boy for a few months in the year of my gcse's but my first really serious boyfriend was when I was 19, still going out with him. It'll be 2 years in a month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cosmogirl85

I was 16 and sorta terrified at time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

fifteen, almost sixteen.

he was eighteen and we were together for two years.

he's still in my life as an aquaintance but sometimes i'd rather he wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

msmuffins wrote: »
    Your never too old to have your first boyfriend

I like it...21 years single & starting to think it'll be like that forever! Sad I know, loved being single...until I realised I was missing out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

i never had another relationship like my first boyfriend, it all started to get sexual after that and i met one guy who would turn any woman off men for life

23 was a eye opener for me

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

17, we're still together nearly 7 years later, getting married in October :) Funny thing was the night I met him I thought he was totally gorgeous but my friends thought he was a minger! Lucky I didn't listen to them so! I still think he's the most handsome guy in the world though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

It looks like it's mostly girls with guys at least 2 years older. Just an observation. As for me, yet to have a serious realationship and I'm 18 in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

19, when in college. It lasted about 4 months, but I popped my cherry to the 2nd bf. :D . #2 only lasted about 6 months, but he was a dote.

I wasn't allowed boyfriends when I was in school, which actually didn't cramp my style as much as one might expect because (a) it was a girl's school and (b) didn't fancy anyone from the boy's school next door anyway! We would have had to do our kissing in front of almost everyone from my parish at the city centre bus station - no thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend. Some of my friends have had boyfriends since they were 14 but...meh...it never really appealed to me. I think my cousin has shown me what relationships can do to you so...not for me!!:pac::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement