Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's all we have time for...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

RTE stoop to a new low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Spectacular rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Terry Prone -10
    Mario Rosenstock -5
    Kevin Gildea -5
    Kevin Myers -10
    Barry Murphy -11

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Surely they must realise themselves that this is in no way funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Kevin Myers can fock right off.

• Advertisement

dambarude wrote: »
    Surely they must realise themselves that this is in no way funny?

Barry Murphy certainly does: look at the misery painted all over his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

amdublin wrote: »

Are they on drugs?

If the writers were on drugs it'd have some chance of being funny..

Woeful content, that messages gag before the break.. Oh Lord..

I too am a fan of Myers but clearly TV comedy aint his forte. But he's not alone there.

Murphy seems like he's in mourning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Maybe it'll improve so I'll keep an open mind. But jaysus a teleprompter would have raised the production values above something looking like it was produced for a leaving cert project.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

This is baaaaaaaaaad really baaaaaaaaaaad.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

Terrible stuff, thought terry prone was alright she actually was a bit witty, that so called comedian with Meyers isn't funny at all.

Something always wrong with RTEs attempt at current affairs comedy, thought this might be something a bit different but its trying to be Have I Got News For You (without the humour)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Shut up Mario, shut up Mario

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Balanceit

I can't believe how bad it is. Terrible. In a promo ad Kevin Myers said that it will be truly awful. He was spot on with that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

They've taken the best bits of "Would I lie to you" and thrown them away, then kept the rest. No banter can develop if they're allowed ask only one question.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

I'm unsure who's wearing the brighter lipstick rosenstock or prone....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

Balanceit wrote: »
    I can't believe how bad it is. Terrible. In a promo ad Kevin Myers said that it will be truly awful. He was spot on with that comment.

Thought they were trying to be clever in the ads but no they were just been honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That idea about the women's parking spaces seems like a good idea all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Rip roaring laughter has eluded RTE once again!
    Tripe - this is dead from the toes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Your wan terry is A FUKING WITCH... SHEEEEEEEEEEES THE MOST UNFUNNIEST bitch ive ever seen on telly

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

This is terrible! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

This probably worked on paper. It's not working on TV.

Murphy is doing his best, and is at least remembering to try to be funny occasionally. Mario Rosenstock is a genuinely talented comic, but is just coming across as smug here. Kevin Myers is simply being Kevin Myers, and that, sadly equates to being no Ian Hislop, and he's looking really out of place.

The real problem is that in tweaking the format to make it microscopically different to HIGNFY, they've turned it into a pile of disjointed, unfunny, lumpen sh*te.

The choice of guests is pretty awful too, I know Gildea is a mate of Barry Murphy from the Mr Trellis days, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's about as funny as an unexpected crotch punch while you're grieving. As for Terry Prone...Jaysus.

Maybe if they view tonight's broadcast in the cold light of day, they can tighten up, drop the pretence, just call it "Have I got news for you, so I have" and concentrate on being funny with genuinely funny guests instead of mates and liggers, then there's hope for the future.

*oh jesus. Theres a call my bluff round. Ignore the hope for the future bit. Kill it now.*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

They know it's bad - particularly the 3 comics.

What year was this made?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Why the **** are the scores given as goals and points?

This has taken RTE comedy to a new low. And after The English Teacher and The Roaring Twenties that is quite an achievement. Horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

They should have put snow in the pipe instead of sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I gave up Nurse Jackie for this tripe???

This is the worst thing I've ever seen. It feels like my eyes are bleeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

They know it's bad - particularly the 3 comics.
    I see that Kevin Gildea was actually credited as a writer on the end credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

the first gag was a picture of a load of ****e......should have taken that as a warning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It was bad but I've seen much worse.
    The studio looked around the same size as my tv room and I'd imagine it cost RTE 50p to make.

Advertisement