Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy NFL jersey???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ill probably buy the seahawks hoodie, but otherwise its pretty ****

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If they're not going to sell a Gronk jersey, what's the point at all? :D

Selection is pretty poor though, not every wants a QB jersey, there are other players too.

Edit: Just noticed they have a Megatron jersey, but not a Gronk one. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

martyos121 wrote: »

Edit: Just noticed they have a Megatron jersey, but not a Gronk one. Ugh.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with including the best WR of his generation, I'd be more amazed at the inclusion of Ryan "who the **** is Ryan Tannehill" Tannehill, in such a slim line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Like Suh would have been a better jersey to grab for the dolphins than Tannehill

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with including the best WR of his generation, I'd be more amazed at the inclusion of Ryan "who the **** is Ryan Tannehill" Tannehill, in such a slim line up.

I have no problem with Johnson being included, I'm just saying if they're including non-QB jerseys, why not have more than one? JJ Watt, Gronkowski, Sherman etc. These are all bigger names than some of the jerseys they've made available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

martyos121 wrote: »
    I have no problem with Johnson being included, I'm just saying if they're including non-QB jerseys, why not have more than one? JJ Watt, Gronkowski, Sherman etc. These are all bigger names than some of the jerseys they've made available.

I agree, my suspicion would be that whoever was doing the buying knows only two things about AF. 1) Quarterbacks are a big deal and 2) the Miami Dolphins were a big deal at one point, right? ---> Tannehill ---> ???? ---> Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Eli Manning over OBJ for their single Giants shirt seems a strange choice too considering that Beckham has the top selling shirt in the NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Eli Manning over OBJ for their single Giants shirt seems a strange choice too considering that Beckham has the top selling shirt in the NFL.

Any chance they're trying to pawn the surplus jerseys they can't sell in the States on us 'naive' NFL fans over here?

I don't know what it's like now as I haven't been since 2010 but at the Wembley games the jerseys always seemed to last year's stock (and a lot of time was for players who had left the club in question) so I always felt the NFL thought they'd pull a fast one of the European fans as we wouldn't know any better.

Maybe the thought Eli would see more than Beckham and now they're stuck with hundreds of Eli's they can't get rid of. "I know", says someone in the NFL office, "let's flog them in Ireland, they'll be happy with any old jersey".

Any chance they're trying to pawn the surplus jerseys they can't sell in the States on us 'naive' NFL fans over here?

I don't know what it's like now as I haven't been since 2010 but at the Wembley games the jerseys always seemed to last year's stock (and a lot of time was for players who had left the club in question) so I always felt the NFL thought they'd pull a fast one of the European fans as we wouldn't know any better.

Maybe the thought Eli would see more than Beckham and now they're stuck with hundreds of Eli's they can't get rid of. "I know", says someone in the NFL office, "let's flog them in Ireland, they'll be happy with any old jersey".

That is a notion that makes sense, but when you check the Elverys site, it's the brand new jerseys they're selling for next season, so I'm not so sure it's a question of surplus stock, just shoddy marketing and distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

Pettty they wouldn't sell hockey jerseys too. Wonder would they order a jersey with all the stitching of name and number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

From the pictures it looks like the jerseys on the website are all thats in the store too. Hopefully they mix it up a bit over time.

CKBxkHaWEAAqpkz.jpg

CKCIbs9WwAADnQN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

The selection leaves a lot to be desired- never mind sizing options. TBH I'd wager you can get a better selection in that shop on Abbey St- between teams available and then options within that.

I had such high hopes!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tweeted them a few times to see if they've titans gear.. no reply so i guess thats a no

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Tbh it just looks like they're trying to corner the market and stop others from stocking jerseys,while selling some of the better known jerseys to the casual fan without putting in any actual effort into sourcing a wide range of stuff. Pity...hopefully it might improve over time

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Like Suh would have been a better jersey to grab for the dolphins than Tannehill
    I can't think of any other reason to stock tannehill than; miami are in the UK for the international series, so maybe they're trying to capitalise on that? Suh would have been the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Pretty rubbish selection so far, but they might order stuff in if we ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

None in athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

Elverys have added Aaron Rodgers and Matt Stafford. Maybe there's more on the way after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'll wait til they get Tebows Eagles shirt in, cant be bothered with the other lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Will Elverys get any decent NFL hoodies/jackets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Wonder will elverys get any chargers gear in hoodies or rivers or gordon or liguet jerseys in

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Hi guys! Presume I've left this too late but any ideas where I might get a jersey (preferably a Cam or JJ Watt one, but any will do at this stage) in time for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Figsy32 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Presume I've left this too late but any ideas where I might get a jersey (preferably a Cam or JJ Watt one, but any will do at this stage) in time for Christmas?

Elvery's have some small collection of NFL Jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Elvery's have some small collection of NFL Jerseys

You might be lucky enough to pick one up in TK Maxx at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Elverys in Dundrum had about ten different shirts yesterday, didn't notice Newton or Watt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

You might be lucky enough to pick one up in TK Maxx at a reasonable price.

unlikely to get current nfl jerseys in tk maxx, mostly ones with names of players that left the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Elverys in Dundrum had about ten different shirts yesterday, didn't notice Newton or Watt though.

They definitely had a Newton jersey on Saturday anyway.

For anyone picking up jerseys in Elverys, just double check it first. Pretty soon after they started selling them, I got a Brady jersey which war the only Pats one they had. It had the new Patriots logo on it.

They've since stocked more Brady and Gronk jerseys, but with the old Patriots logo, so there's no real consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Morrison J wrote: »

Did anything like this come on this year on the Nike store - got some great deals this time last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

TheDoctor wrote:
    Did anything like this come on this year on the Nike store - got some great deals this time last year.

If you go to the SALE section of the Nike website and filter for American Football under sport, there is a (very limited) selection of jerseys on sale for around 60-65 euro. Use the code SB416 at checkout for a further 20% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Trying to figure out sizes from NFL Europe shop. Id normally be a Medium in terms of t-shirts or football jerseys. Would a Junior XL fit that same size or would i need to go to a XS or S in adult? Few good offers on their at the moment

Advertisement