Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I'd go for the beige with black tights, and shoes that aren't too high as the skirt isn't terribly long.

Red is a very aggressive colour, I know that sounds kinda silly but I think beige is a safer option for making a good impression.
    I will be wearing flat ballerinas as I don't wear any heels, ever.

I do understand about red being aggressive, but I'm just worried about the beige as it is quite short I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Tibbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 uursula

Tibbs. They are gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Tibbs far classier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

METALLIC. SATCHEL. MUST. OWN.

amazing_satchel.jpg

I just found this Satchel in the Penneys A/W lookbook online. Has anyone seen it instore? If not, if anyone finds themselves in Penneys anywhere in Dublin could they keep an eye out for it? I'd appreciate it so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

phasers wrote: »
    METALLIC. SATCHEL. MUST. OWN.

amazing_satchel.jpg

I just found this Satchel in the Penneys A/W lookbook online. Has anyone seen it instore? If not, if anyone finds themselves in Penneys anywhere in Dublin could they keep an eye out for it? I'd appreciate it so much!

That's such a cambridge satchel rip off :D All the high street shops seem to be doing them these days, maybe try new look, they might have one similar! Accessorize have blue and orange ones, they're lovely too.

I love an auld dupe :pac: It'll do until I can afford the real thing anyway!

Ooh I've wanted a blue one for a while, thanks for the tip! I'll have a rainbow of them at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I love an auld dupe :pac: It'll do until I can afford the real thing anyway!

Ooh I've wanted a blue one for a while, thanks for the tip! I'll have a rainbow of them at this rate

Me too :p I just find it amusing how shameless and obvious the shops can be about it sometimes! The Accessorize one is 34.00 and really nice quality for the price ( I have it, love it so much!) Here ya go:

http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_1,acc_1.7/2892244000

A wear have amazing new satchels in at the moment too, think they're 30.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I love second hand shop treasure!!! I've been keeping the eye out for a grad dress since summer and there was one I loved in River Island. It was a nude and black lace peplum and somewhere about €60-70 IIRC. I just spotted it in my size in a second hand shop on Capel st for €12, delighted! I obviously bought it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

The Cool wrote: »
    I love second hand shop treasure!!! I've been keeping the eye out for a grad dress since summer and there was one I loved in River Island. It was a nude and black lace peplum and somewhere about €60-70 IIRC. I just spotted it in my size in a second hand shop on Capel st for €12, delighted! I obviously bought it!

That's a great feeling. I got a black crochet dress (Julien MacDonald for Debenhams) in Oxfam in Galway last week for €6.50. Really nice on and a bargain. I only wandered in looking for books for college too:)

If anyone is in Galway and doesn't mind second hand shoes there is a pair of the Irregular Choice Miao boots in the Oxfam shoe for €20. Size 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Saorenza wrote: »
    Size 5.

damn you small sizes! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

NO WAY!!! Raging, size 7 :/

Links234 wrote: »

I know. Still it motivated me to go into a shoe shop and fit on a pair of them to find my size. I am usually 5.5 or 6 but it seems I need 7 in IC.

Usually I find IC uncomfortable but not these. Drool.

I have found two pairs of IC shoes in my local Vincent De Paul recently (only a fiver each too!). Imagine my heartbreak when they were a size 5 and a 6. Stupid size 8 feet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

I'm finding it interesting that some of ye are bemoaning your larger foot size. I take 5.5 to 6 and am always envious of people with larger or smaller feet, as there is always so much more nice things in those sizes on sale. :) I hate having a common, inbetweeny foot size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Guys I'm an 8 so stop complaining! :p Also finished off my Florence Welch Halloween outfit today so happy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm a size 9 ;)

Thank god for Doc Martens and their excellent sizing :) Dunno where I'd be without them! :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm a 6.5-ish, I'd be tempted... but meh @ Galway :pac:
    Thank god for Doc Martens and their excellent sizing :) Dunno where I'd be without them! :D

Need new Docs too... have had my purple ones for 5 years and could do with an update! Best 30 quid in TKMaxx I ever spent.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Docs, Penneys have the most amazing black glitter knockoffs (sorry, dupes) at the moment and I'm currently drooling over them. I've never styled Docs though, do you guys wear them more with dresses or trousers? I think they'd make me look heavy or something :pac:

Speaking of Docs, Penneys have the most amazing black glitter knockoffs (sorry, dupes) at the moment and I'm currently drooling over them. I've never styled Docs though, do you guys wear them more with dresses or trousers? I think they'd make me look heavy or something :pac:

I was wondering about those pseudo Docs. They look cool but I got a pair of fake Doc shoes years and years in Penneys and they were not comfty. I think I'll keep my eye out for Docs in TK Maxx. I am a student again so Doc boots seem appropriate. I wear my Doc shoes (Mel I think the style is called) all the time with tights and dresses/skirts and my Mary Jane Docs got lots of wear last Summer. Both of them are at least 8 years old. When I wore Doc boots I was pretty hard on them and they usually only lasted 2 years but then looking back I wore no other shoes really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Where is best to buy tank tops and cardigans?

Just standard ribbed plain tight fitted tanks and comfy plain cardigans. Preferably pretty cheap (€5 for tank, €15 for cardigan)

Looking for ones that don't loose their shape, all my tanks have gone loose,I wear them under things so need them tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

PlayGirl wrote: »

Just standard ribbed plain tight fitted tanks and comfy plain cardigans. Preferably pretty cheap (€5 for tank, €15 for cardigan)

Looking for ones that don't loose their shape, all my tanks have gone loose,I wear them under things so need them tight

Penneys? Vero Moda do good vest tops that don't lost their shape, about €6-€12.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

PlayGirl wrote: »

H&M for tank tops, Zara for cardigans (although might be looking at €21 in Zara)

Hi, does anyone know how to get the ASOS order number to work on An Post Track & Trace? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hi, does anyone know how to get the ASOS order number to work on An Post Track & Trace? :)

I couldn't get it to work on my last order, and when I checked their FB page there a good few posts from international customers (as in non-UK) saying it wasn't working :(

Twee. wrote: »
    I couldn't get it to work on my last order, and when I checked their FB page there a good few posts from international customers (as in non-UK) saying it wasn't working :(

Got my parcel this morning, and out of interest located the tracking number printed on the parcel. It bears no resemble at all to the order number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Advertisement

I vote the second one, the colour is gorgeous and the first one doesn't look very flattering imo

Advertisement