Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Guys, check out www.parcelmotel.com, it gives you an NI address to have stuff delivered to, then it forwards them to a lockbox near you and it only costs €3.50 per go! Super handy for sites that won't deliver to Ireland or sites that charge ridiculous shiping prices to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

phasers wrote: »
    Guys, check out www.parcelmotel.com, it gives you an NI address to have stuff delivered to, then it forwards them to a lockbox near you and it only costs €3.50 per go! Super handy for sites that won't deliver to Ireland or sites that charge ridiculous shiping prices to Ireland.

What a cool idea! And there's one near me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

There is one near my mother's house and one around the corner from where my brother lives. Interesting idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I recently ordered off Bershka, got my delivery today. They only put half of my delivery in the box, I'm actually so upset :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

There's a decent enough sale in Bershka in Dundrum atm, I got a cute dress for €12.99 and tshirt for my boyfriend for €5.99.

Also amazing sale in Assorize in Dundrum too! At least half price on all jewellery, some thing up to 70%. Got two brooches, 2 pairs of earrings and a silver choker, whole lot under €15!! Haven't taken any pics for the Latest Purchases thread yet :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

103DP02281.jpg

Was dress shopping with the missus on Saturday, she was looking for a summery/party dress. I was happy to spend good money on her but she kept looking in the discount racks!
    We both liked the dress above from Karen Millen which was €200 but she wouldn't let me spend that much on it. I just don't get it- what am I doing wrong?! :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Maybe she couldn't justify the price if she's not sure she'll get the wear out of it, or doesn't want to further spend to get accessories? You should bring it home to her ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That dress is gorgerous KH. Beautiful colour. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I'm (finally) going to treat myself to a pair of AA Disco Pants on pay day!

Only problem is I have no idea what shoes to wear them with other then heels! I want to wear them for day time too but I have no idea!?

And also for going for a few drinks or cinema or whatever, when converse aren't enough butheels are too much..

Any suggestions :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I'm (finally) going to treat myself to a pair of AA Disco Pants on pay day!

Only problem is I have no idea what shoes to wear them with other then heels! I want to wear them for day time too but I have no idea!?

And also for going for a few drinks or cinema or whatever, when converse aren't enough butheels are too much..

Any suggestions :) ?

Depending on how you're styling then studded ankle boots could work with them or biker books of you're going for a rock chic look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Twee. wrote: »
    Maybe she couldn't justify the price if she's not sure she'll get the wear out of it, or doesn't want to further spend to get accessories? You should bring it home to her ;)

Perhaps you're right, but it might be down to the fact that we're saving for a shower in the house. The place we bought has a bath but no shower, so I think until that is out of the way expensive clothes are off the cards. :pac:
    Larianne wrote: »
    That dress is gorgerous KH. Beautiful colour. ;)

I know, and it's not even leather! I must be getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Depending on how you're styling then studded ankle boots could work with them or biker books of you're going for a rock chic look?

Thanks :) I have leather look ankle boots from RI similar to this : http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/dusk_till_dawn/10/12282/34469/1?fs=12282

Think they'l work??

Also loving these : http://www.boohoo.com/europe/footwear/ballet-pumps/icat/ballet-pumps/flats/paris-black-suedette-cat-face-ballet-shoes/invt/azz63036

Anyone know where in Dublin CC to pick up a pair :) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I always wear these boots with my disco pants.

boots.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Thanks :) I have leather look ankle boots from RI similar to this : http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/dusk_till_dawn/10/12282/34469/1?fs=12282

Think they'l work??

Also loving these : http://www.boohoo.com/europe/footwear/ballet-pumps/icat/ballet-pumps/flats/paris-black-suedette-cat-face-ballet-shoes/invt/azz63036

Anyone know where in Dublin CC to pick up a pair :) ?

oh yeah they'll deffo go with it!
    You'll look lovely!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I would love to get this jacket in Dunnes, but honestly don't know what to wear it with. It is 40 euros so I would have to wait until it went down in the sale as I won't spend 40 euros on one item of clothing.

http://dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=819&section_id=1096&sub_section_id=1102&range_id=1107&product_id=18004&__pg_ps=16&__pg_pg=1

Would it be ok for the day time if worn with a top/jeans and sandals/ballerinas?

Or maybe over a nice dress for going out at night?

That's gorgeous! I'd wear it with denim cut offs, tights and a top, or a dress and ankle boots. God it'd go with anything really, you could definitely dress it up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Looking great it WDYWT fillefatale! So cool to hear the story behind your vintage suit, what a bizarre thing to happen! Serious find too, I love the colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Looking great it WDYWT fillefatale! So cool to hear the story behind your vintage suit, what a bizarre thing to happen! Serious find too, I love the colours!

So glad you're both posting again! Love both your styles and the cool outfits you put together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sapsorrow wrote: »

:D
    tomissex wrote: »
    So glad you're both posting again! Love both your styles and the cool outfits you put together :)

Thanks so much! I wish there was a vintage clothing subforum, and I'd interact more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

:D

Thanks so much! I wish there was a vintage clothing subforum, and I'd interact more!

Oh my god, WHAT a good idea :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I like the variety! Mix and match current trends with vintage. Keep up the posting! :)

Nothing stopping a vintage thread here... Maybe a picture thread for favourite pieces? Hmm!!

I'd love to see a thread for customised things too, I've seen people in the WYWT thread show off jewellery they made. I'm sure people have done awesome things to their own clothes to make them unique, I'd love to be inspired by them!

Has anyone used the tracker (Hermes-Europe) for Topshop deliveries? I have entered my tracking number and postcode (as stated on the email from Topshop), but no joy! I have a feeling that it's because my postcode is not in the British style of numbers and letters. Pain in the arse, I want my shoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Was thinking I might buy either

624811_main?$hero$

or

624187_main?$hero$

I have black disco pants already but I'm trying to get away from wearing black so much.

Not sure what kinda top to wear with them though. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

Love the idea of a vintage or customised forum. I am old enough to have bought all yizzer vintage stuff first time round :D I spent most of my younger years in the Dandelion market and my clothes were well and truly customised. 1970s fashion HEAVEN !! It is lovely to hear you younger ladies drool over your finds. I only wish I kept ALL of my treasures. I did manage to keep a fab collection of my Grandmother's costume jewellery. Lots of lovely 1930s costume pieces.

As I said before, posters are welcome to start whatever threads they want! You can put in requests for new forums but it would be good to have some threads here first to measure interest.

There is a craft forum where people post things they've made http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=590

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Ladiez, any advice style wise for a larger boobied lady to wear?? i'm 36e, size 14... i hate wearing higher collared tops cos i feel they make me look so much bigger and ifs hard to find tops that don't look like i'm spilling out!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Depressing shopping trip today. Discovered that Gap have discontinued my favourite Long and Lean jeans, and didn't have anything else that I liked in my size, and then when I went looking for t-shirt bras the choice in my size was basically Freya Deco (which is €47) or nothing. Whinge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Ladiez, any advice style wise for a larger boobied lady to wear?? i'm 36e, size 14... i hate wearing higher collared tops cos i feel they make me look so much bigger and ifs hard to find tops that don't look like i'm spilling out!!

Make sure you are wearing the right size bra, first and foremost. Try on different styles to see which suit you best. I'm not sure on what kinda clothes you should go for as I have tiny boobs (:() but I'd say a v-neck or non-high collared top would be best.

Advertisement