Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Noo! They're the best jeans ever! I hope they bring something similar in to replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Depressing shopping trip today.
    Me too.

Went all the way out to blanchardstown, found nothing i liked except two tops in h&m, back into the city and still found nothing.

to top it all off my dinner/lunch in captain americas wasn't nice, just as well they amended my bill because i wasn't happy to pay 14euros for food i couldn't eat most of.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Hi, does anybody know how long it takes for the likes of asos/boohoo.com to process returns? and do they refund your card or do they give you credit on your account straight away? thanks :)

scrumqueen wrote: »
    Hi, does anybody know how long it takes for the likes of asos/boohoo.com to process returns? and do they refund your card or do they give you credit on your account straight away? thanks :)

With ASOS I've always had the money back on my card with 10 working days.

Never bought from Boohoo so can't help you there I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Toast4532 wrote: »
    With ASOS I've always had the money back on my card with 10 working days.

Never bought from Boohoo so can't help you there I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway! I checked my account and they have recieved my returns anyway, says they are processing them, but alas no money is in my bank account so I shall have to wait a while more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Novella wrote: »
    Make sure you are wearing the right size bra, first and foremost. Try on different styles to see which suit you best. I'm not sure on what kinda clothes you should go for as I have tiny boobs (:() but I'd say a v-neck or non-high collared top would be best.

+1 for getting fitted for a right size bra.

Word of caution tho, do try on different styles; Im 28 ff an contrary to the rule book, wrap dresses and v-necks look awful on me; Ive even tried on stuff in shops just to prove the sales assistant how wrong they are; one style might work on one big boobed lady but not on another! They make me look bigger, and I really do not want that!!

Have a look on pepperberry.com, the clothing line for Bravissimo, they have some lovely stuff and a good guide also.
    http://www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/size-guide/body-shapes/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Twee. wrote: »
    Has anyone used the tracker (Hermes-Europe) for Topshop deliveries? I have entered my tracking number and postcode (as stated on the email from Topshop), but no joy! I have a feeling that it's because my postcode is not in the British style of numbers and letters. Pain in the arse, I want my shoes!

I've just tried using that now and it didn't work for me either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

First of all, you know what? there are a multitude of ladies out there who would love to have your feminine shape.

Just as per last post; the biggie is a truly great fitting bra that is also comfy, yet supportive and wide on the shoulders. To achieve the right fit, it is always best to go to a good department store and be fitted. There should never be bulges, riding up at the back etc.

Then find yourself a beautiful fabric that sits gently on your figure and flows a little, such as silk. Choose the colour that compliments the rest of the outfit, (if you are talking blouse/shirt for example) and Bob's your uncle. Try on lots of shapes to see which compliments your neck shape the best. I have a wretched long scrawny neck and therefore have to go for shirts with collars or slashed necked dresses worn with a nice choker.

If you are young, there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing just the right amount of cleavage and a well made shirt or dress will help.

For those who don't like low necked clothing, there are some really great 60's style slashed necks out there this summer.

Have fun with your retail therapy and hope you find what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I'd love to have a little more in the boob department, I'd imagine they can be a pain (literally sometimes) but big boobed ladies should be proud of their assets!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah, same here. 32-34A is borrrring!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Novella wrote: »
    I've just tried using that now and it didn't work for me either. :(

Had a look on the Topshop Facebook and there were a fair few complaints about it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Does anyone know if boohoo bring items that have sold out back into stock? I really really want a playsuit but it's sold out :( They have no option to be notified when items come back into stock, like I've seen on other websites, so I'm thinking I've missed my chance?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd love to have a little more in the boob department, I'd imagine they can be a pain (literally sometimes) but big boobed ladies should be proud of their assets!

Can we split the difference? Found out last weekend that after my most recent fitting I literally cannot buy a bra in my size in M&S :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Does anyone know if boohoo bring items that have sold out back into stock? I really really want a playsuit but it's sold out :( They have no option to be notified when items come back into stock, like I've seen on other websites, so I'm thinking I've missed my chance?

They say some things do come back into stock but nothing that I have had my eye on ever has:( There's a back in stock section http://www.boohoo.com/europe/clothing/back-in-stock/icat/back-in-stock/ and it is also worth asking on their facebook page as they do answer queries there fairly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 angel6

Does anyone know how to clean a bag like this? Mine has gotten a bit brown from everyday use.
    http://www.polyvore.com/cream_smocked_satchel_bag_satchels/thing?id=36470291

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

lindtee wrote: »
    They say some things do come back into stock but nothing that I have had my eye on ever has:( There's a back in stock section http://www.boohoo.com/europe/clothing/back-in-stock/icat/back-in-stock/ and it is also worth asking on their facebook page as they do answer queries there fairly fast.

Thank you! :) It's not in the back in stock section unfortunately, but I'll try their facebook now. I want it even more now that it's sold out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

angel6 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to clean a bag like this? Mine has gotten a bit brown from everyday use.
    http://www.polyvore.com/cream_smocked_satchel_bag_satchels/thing?id=36470291

Have you tried a baby wipe or a cloth with water&washing up liquid?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Can we split the difference? Found out last weekend that after my most recent fitting I literally cannot buy a bra in my size in M&S :eek:

What's that about? Couldn't see any nice bras in my size the last time I looked in M&S a few weeks ago. The last bra I actually got there is an awful frumpy one - the only one I could find in my size that day. However I got pretty bras there a year or so ago in my size:(

Also any one have a good sports bra recommendation? In 42 E/F. I have a Lidl one but want a better one.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maybe try Freya, Panache or Enell? Not sure if Shock Absorber do a 40+ band. Try lessbounce.com, they have a huge range.

My problem with M&S is that apparently nobody over about a DD cup needs a 30 band. My ideal size in their range would be 30H, and I was pretty much laughed at in the Mary St branch when I asked about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Thanks ladies. I'm starting a professional job soon and i'm in my early 20s so very hard to find clothes that fit. I'm trying to lose weight as well in order to help my figure. I'd love to go down a cup size.

Bought lovely blue bright skinny jeans and a fantastic blazer there on littlewoods which are lovely on so I'm going to try and alternate them....

Spent €33.50 in Penneys tonight, got 3 bras, 3 thongs, 3 knickers and some suspender tights. Not bad at all! Really need to dump at least half my underwear and socks, I have about 20 bras, defo 100 knickers and 50ish pairs of socks. WHY?? I only have one body!!!

Doing out my wardrobe and reorganising all my things. Finally have space to hang up all my dresses! Folded dresses should be a crime.

Wonder how much I need to get rid of to justify buying a bunch of new stuff :D

Hi all,

I have an interview next week for a secretarial course and I'm just wondering is this OK to wear?

Blazk casual blazer, sheer green top with black camisole underneath, dark jeans and flat shoes?

If not, is there anything you can suggest? I am on a budget, so nothing expensive. €20 is the max I can afford.

That all sounds lovely, but personally I'd swap the jeans for more formal trousers.

That all sounds lovely, but personally I'd swap the jeans for more formal trousers.
    What kind of trousers would you recommend?

I only have jeans or leggings so would need to get a pair of trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Toast4532 wrote: »
    What kind of trousers would you recommend?

I only have jeans or leggings so would need to get a pair of trousers.

Just a pair of plain black trousers would look better than jeans. You'd pick up a pair in Dunnes or Penneys cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Dunnes and penneys have plain black trousers for 6 or 7 quid, I always have a pair in my wardrobe for interviews and stuff.

Thanks guys. Will have a look and see what I can find.

Is the Next sale still on? I might have a look and see if I can pick up a pair for a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

No Next sale was on about a month ago - well over at this stage!

Advertisement