Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Folks, a reminder that this is the chat thread, if you have a specific inquiry please start a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I just have to say I really liked Taylor Swifts dress from the Billboards awards last night.

taylor-swift-billboards-fashion-front-back-lead.jpg?w=600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

That's a beautiful dress, I love the colour and the print (is it a print?). I'm not gone on her shoes though, I think nude might have worked better.

Ya not a fan of the shoes myself. Dress is amazing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I like the dress. Kinda reminds me of an ice skating/rhythmic gymnastics costume though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Have to commend River Island on their delivery.

I placed an order on Friday night/Saturday morning which arrived this morning. In comparison with Topshop, it is super fast. Topshop always take at least a week to deliver. I am very impressed with RI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Had a great experience with awear.com. I ordered a couple of items yesterday around noon, got an email just after 1pm saying they'd been shipped and they arrived this morning! Great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

New suit just arrived. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

She's great legs! Not that mad on the dress, a bit ice skatery as LiaLia put it.

I just noticed you can buy Primark on Asos today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    I just noticed you can buy Primark on Asos today.

:eek:...what have you done! :p

UK delivery only :(

Ah no didn't spot that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

tomissex wrote: »
    :eek:...what have you done! :p

UK delivery only :(

Use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Yeah I was thinking about doing that. Few nice things up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

simple question.

male.

have a nice white t shirt, Dark grey chinos.

Wondering what colour shoes to go with them?

Ive got brown tommy bowes, grey converse, blue converse, white shoes, black shoes, loads of different colours really.

Just wondering what you think would suit best?

Rjd2 wrote: »

I love the rose gold one. Don't know if you saw this too, but a thing popped up on my screen saying get 10% off online purchases with code RD92. Ends Sunday at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Valentina wrote: »
    I love the rose gold one. Don't know if you saw this too, but a thing popped up on my screen saying get 10% off online purchases with code RD92. Ends Sunday at midnight.

Not coming up for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

$(KGrHqR,!roF!9ZGzDN8BQbhvnsDuw~~60_3.JPG

Thoughts? I've never seen anything quite like them on the high street. Will try and pick up a pair though.

• Advertisement

Those boots are mad :pac: A bit Pretty Woman for me though!

Personally I love over the knee boots but I'm not sure about the wedge heel. Wedge heels to me are kinda casual and a boot like that should have a proper stiletto, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Agreed about the wedge. With the wedge they sort of remind me of wellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Anyone ordered from Forever 21 online before? I just placed my first order and I'm wondering do they deliver through An Post or a courier like DPD? I seem to have bad luck with DPD when it comes to my River Island orders! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Just noticed that ASOS stock UK size two clothing for women. Would this be the equivalent of a US size -2? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Luno wrote: »
    Just noticed that ASOS stock UK size two clothing for women. Would this be the equivalent of a US size -2? :eek::eek:

It's take away 4 isn't it? So I guess so. Jesus that's messed up.

It'd be really worrying if there was actually a demand for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

It's quite frightening to think that there is demand for it or that it could possibly encourage women to aim to fit into this size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

It's probably an American 00

Ex-gf used to wear that size in college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ah lads! That's crazy. They also have size 4 in Topshop now in nearly everything.

In fairness though sizes are going up. I'm a size 8 (6 in dresses) in clothes around at the moment. But my Mother's old clothes (that she still has from the 80's) that are a size 8-10 barely fit me..too small!

Who on earth is a size 2, though?! I work with a girl who is about 5'1" and has a tiny frame and is extremely skinny and a size 6 fits her perfectly. So who is a size 2 :/

Advertisement