Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Disappointing final round it has to be said. He had a great chance to take a lot of pressure off himself but in the end barely made a dent in the rankings. Up 13 places to 159th, I reckon a victory is needed or two top 5 finishes in the next three.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Disappointing final round it has to be said. He had a great chance to take a lot of pressure off himself but in the end barely made a dent in the rankings. Up 13 places to 159th, I reckon a victory is needed or two top 5 finishes in the next three.
    :confused:

He's at 89th according to the latest OWGR and 99th on the European Tour rankings. Unless you're talking about something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

prawnsambo wrote: »

He's at 89th according to the latest OWGR and 99th on the European Tour rankings. Unless you're talking about something else?

probably the PGA tour / Fedex cup rankings given that he was playing in a PGA tour event

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

prawnsambo wrote: »

FedEx Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Leading the Barracuda tournament now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

Leading the Barracuda tournament now
    ...Where are you seeing this out of curiosity?...I've checked 3 places and still no updates of round 2 at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

I have him T2, 15 played. Using Golf Live 24 app on phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

...Where are you seeing this out of curiosity?...I've checked 3 places and still no updates of round 2 at all...

It's on the pga tour app

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

FlashScore. PGA app not working for me on this tournament for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 20,350 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

FlashScore. PGA app not working for me on this tournament for some reason

You have to select the tournament under PGA Tour, should be two logos. Select leaderboard then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Not having a great final round so far. Pity.

Have to say I’m confused by this scoring system. According to Shane’s scorecard he had 3 birdies and two bogeys in the final round. +2 for each birdie and -1 for a bogey should have him at +4 for the round in a tie for 7th, yet on the leaderboard he’s +1 for the round finished in 15th place.

Not the first time the scoreboard has conflicted with the scorecard for me this week.

What’s going on? Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Have to say I’m confused by this scoring system. According to Shane’s scorecard he had 3 birdies and two bogeys in the final round. +2 for each birdie and -1 for a bogey should have him at +4 for the round in a tie for 7th, yet on the leaderboard he’s +1 for the round finished in 15th place.

Not the first time the scoreboard has conflicted with the scorecard for me this week.

What’s going on? Am I wrong?
    He also had a blob on 5 which is a -3

Oh that’s it then. On the scorecard they didn’t put a number, just an ‘E’ where the number should be - presumably he didn’t finish out the hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Going well again this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

64 in r2, 3 behind👍

Great finish to the round this morning. Hopefully he can keep the momentum going in the afternoon. Interestingly if he was to finish where he is at the moment in tied 5th he would still require a very good finish next week to earn his card. He is projected to be 130th in the rankings as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Long day for them. 27-30 holes for many and its going to be very hot and sticky this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Watching this on CBS. So frustrating that they’re obsessed with Tiger and one or two others. Shane is playing with Thomas and only 3 behind the leaders but they cut away from him after Thomas plays

DING DING DING

"Lowry Watch" just appeared on the TV
    Just hit it close on the par 3, chance of getting to -9

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

GreeBo wrote: »
    DING DING DING

Going well since he got new caddy

DING DING DING

They cut away again before he got the birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Come on Shane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

He's not getting much air time compared to his playing partner.

2 back to back birdies. 10 under

TheCitizen wrote: »
    They cut away again before he got the birdie.
    I saw it go in...?
    Going well since he got new caddy

I think I have already proved that it was the new pencil.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I saw it go in...?

I think I have already proved that it was the new pencil.

If he keeps this up you may have to eat that pencil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Watching the CBS feed and thought the way they were speaking of Lowry for delaying play at the par 3 there was extremely disrespectful, as if he had no right to ask for a ruling and how how dare he delay Thomas.

Advertisement