Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Knox Verdict at Midnight

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CCCP, I dont think that it would have influenced the verdict... although I know you are being sarcastic, the jurers are all from the region, the jury included two judges also from the region.
    where do they normally come from ???

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Amanda Knox and Rafael had no connection what-so-ever to Rudy Guede... I was suspicious of her and the ex boyfriend because of how the media had portrayed them over the last year or so, so I watched a youtube documentary on the case, and now I see how it probably is a complete miscarriage of justice

If anything that documentary makes her seem guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

After he was convicted he did change his story and implicate the other two more, but any source I've looked at say he only said the following: He said Merdith and Amanda were arguing about money in the house, he was in the bathroom, he heard two women shouting, then he heard a scream and ran out and saw a male silhouette at the door. He said he then he fell over and when he got up he saw the outline of Amanda Knox running away from the house. He still claimed he was innocent throughout all this.

Innocent? :confused:

That drug dealer raped her and left his semen inside her. But as I said before, at least he admitted his guilt unlike the other two. But now he's claiming to be innocent? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Amanda Knox and Rafael had no connection what-so-ever to Rudy Guede... I was suspicious of her and the ex boyfriend because of how the media had portrayed them over the last year or so, so I watched a youtube documentary on the case, and now I see how it probably is a complete miscarriage of justice

there was absolutely nothing in that video that was valid enough to make anyone consider she didn't do it. oh her mom saying what a great kid she was.
    i'm terrible at spotting sarcasm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Only spotted this thread now.

I have been following this case for a while now.
    I have listened to all accounts given and weighed up all the evidence.
    I have tried to see it from every possible viewpoint and I am now confident that I can give a judgement of my own on this case.

Amanda Knox is a fukking sexy little piece of a$$. I would only love to do terrible things to her.

I base this on the following evidence:
    http://cronacaeattualita.blogosfere.it/images/amanda%20knox%20100.jpg
    http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/090116-amanda-knox-vmed-245a.widec.jpg
    http://intertwingled.net/images/chicks/amanda_knox.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Only spotted this thread now.

I have been following this case for a while now.
    I have listened to all accounts given and weighed up all the evidence.
    I have tried to see it from every possible viewpoint and I am now confident that I can give a judgement of my own on this case.

Amanda Knox is a fukking sexy little piece of a$$. I would only love to do terrible things to her.
    Yeah well you'll have to leave that to the hot italian lesbian convicts in the prison showers...

fap...

fap fap fap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Did anyone just see the program on More 4 on the Trial of Amanda Knox. Until I saw it I thought she was guilty as hell. But after seeing that program I've changed my mind. Italian police and media very dodge! Its all very tragic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I saw it too and came away convinced that she was guilty. There were a few things that sealed it for me:

1) Accusing an innocent man. If she had nothing to do with it then why point the finger? She went from "I was at my boyfriend's house" to "I was there and put my hands over my ears while Patrick killed Meredith". Once his alibi checked out she then claimed all the questioning and stress had confused her. Confused her enough to say she was at the murder scene and saw someone kill her housemate?

At the trial we saw her give evidence in fluent Italian. But when they asked her why she accused her former boss she chose to give the evidence in English. None of it made sense. She kept doubling back and repeating that she had been confused. Then made a big show of looking thrown every time the interpreter spoke over her. I guess to make her dodgy testimony look like it was being affected by circumstances in the court.

2) The knife that the prosecution say killed Meredith was found in Sollecito's place. With Kercher's DNA on the blade and Knox's DNA on the handle. The family of Knox say this couldn't be the knife used. But what was Kercher's DNA doing on it if it was Sollecito's knife? He'd only been dating Knox for 6 days before the murder.

3) Sollecito's DNA was found on Meredith's bra strap. The defense say the strap was contaminated. But the apartment was a crime scene. Nobody but cops were there. So what type of contamination puts DNA on something? Surely the worry with contamination is that DNA will be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Hrududu wrote: »
    Nobody but cops were there. So what type of contamination puts DNA on something? Surely the worry with contamination is that DNA will be lost.

cross contamination from inproperly handled evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

TBH I thought the interpreter was awful. Interrupting mid-sentence. it was very hard for Knox to put any emotion across or get a get run of explaining what happened the way the interpreter was working.

Apart from that I agree with you.

But I'm wondering can I believe any of the evidence or circumstances put forward by the police in Perugia. They made a complete shams of the case.

I also agree that the she could never really be given a fair trial with all the media suggesting she was this or that.

Her user name Foxy Knoxy and the photos of her dressed up mean nothing!

Its scary to think that if you were ever accused of something that people could interpret your photos on facebook or whatever to suggest you're a sexual predator who is capable of murder.

It does look like she is guilty, in fairness, but I was just shocked at how the media had already convicted her based on her my space page, which was innocent enough imo).

It was sad when Knox's Dad said 'we have the option of bringing this to appeal and our daughter is still here - but Meridith's family don't have a second chance'

RIP Meredith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Actually one of the main things the documentary highlighted was how careful you need to be about what you have online about yourself. What you might consider innocuous photos could be spun to prove any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

lugha wrote: »
    I wonder would a separate prosecution have been initiated for this if she had been cleared of murder? Telling any lies to police in a murder enquiry is a big no no for me (this is the reason I have no reservations about Joe O'Reilly being sent down). If you are ever a suspect in a murder enquiry, and you lie to the investigating police, you better hope I'm not on the jury. ;)

The investigating police have played a major role in many miscarriages of justice and also produce biased evidence and will tell lies. They have gone so far as to twist facts to make a suspect look as if they have given flase evidence to them.

In one case The Ellen Reasonover story ; a woman was a witness to a robbery murder, in so far as she witnessed the perpatrators going into the shop and fleeing to their car at 8pm. She drove home not sure of what she witnessed and when she arrived home sat with her mother watching tv and saw the terrible events unfold on
    the evening news.

She called the police hotline and gave a description and they called her into the police station and put a photobook in front of her and she picked out two people that looked familiar. They made her sign the back of the pictures as positive, she said she wasn't certain but they pressured her.

Then it turns out the men she picked were already in prison and they asked her to do a stress test and she did and she failed . Two weeks later a another robbery happened.. This time a woman was an accomplice.Then her boyfriend was found to have a similar shirt to the suspect in the robbery. They arrested her and a witness picked her out in a line up. ( The irony )

She ended up on trial accused of lying to police and trying to frame two men she had erroneous picked out. The police also produced one jail house snitch and a jail inmate that contradicted her statement making her appear to be a liar. She was convicted and it was 17 years before she was found to be completely innocent. She won a large settlement against the police. The truth is the police were liars and had framed her.

The jail house snitches got reduced charges and reward money for lying and later testified that they had lied.

http://forejustice.org/wc/ellen_reasonover.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

She's very hot indeed

amanda-knox.jpg

"Why are the pretty ones always insane?"

What was that from? The Simpsons? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

pirelli wrote: »
    The investigating police have played a major role in many miscarriages of justice and also produce biased evidence and will tell lies. They have gone so far as to twist facts to make a suspect look as if they have given flase evidence to them.

In one case The Ellen Reasonover story ; a woman was a witness to a robbery murder, in so far as she witnessed the perpatrators going into the shop and fleeing to their car at 8pm. She drove home not sure of what she witnessed and when she arrived home sat with her mother watching tv and saw the terrible events unfold on
    the evening news.

She called the police hotline and gave a description and they called her into the police station and put a photobook in front of her and she picked out two people that looked familiar. They made her sign the back of the pictures as positive, she said she wasn't certain but they pressured her.

Then it turns out the men she picked were already in prison and they asked her to do a stress test and she did and she failed . Two weeks later a another robbery happened.. This time a woman was an accomplice.Then her boyfriend was found to have a similar shirt to the suspect in the robbery. They arrested her and a witness picked her out in a line up. ( The irony )

She ended up on trial accused of lying to police and trying to frame two men she had erroneous picked out. The police also produced one jail house snitch and a jail inmate that contradicted her statement making her appear to be a liar. She was convicted and it was 17 years before she was found to be completely innocent. She won a large settlement against the police. The truth is the police were liars and had framed her.

The jail house snitches got reduced charges and reward money for lying and later testified that they had lied.

Surely you could say the same about any evidence presented against a defendant? i.e. it might have been massaged or even an out and out fabrication by police / prosecutors? If you were to dismiss all evidence that might be fabricated nobody would ever be convicted of anything. Isn't part of the purpose of having jury trials to make judgement calls in conflicts in testimony?
    And in any case, perhaps I am mixing my wife killers up but didn't Joe admit to telling porkies (or perhaps independent phone evidence suggested it? Can't recall :confused:)

Advertisement