Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Knox Verdict at Midnight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Where in the name of sweet jebus are they going to get that type of money?

Sollecito's family are minted so it'll be no problem for them. As for Knox? No idea.

This case will be take up another few years with appeals and so forth anway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Wasn't the bf's sperm found inside Kercher? That's a big swing against him. But to not leave a hair, skin flake, blood on the knife, etc, is beyond most pro thieves (according to private investigator on Sky News last night).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

banquo wrote: »
    Wasn't the bf's sperm found inside Kercher? That's a big swing against him. But to not leave a hair, skin flake, blood on the knife, etc, is beyond most pro thieves (according to private investigator on Sky News last night).

No it was the other guy's dna (not sperm) that was found in her. Rudy Guede. There were three of them charged with her murder, and he was already convicted last year.

Rudy Guede's story is that he met Meredith at a a party the night before and she invited him back to the house the next day. He said they had oral sex, not sex, and he was in the bathroom when he heard her scream. He ran out and saw Meredith bleeding to death on the floor, and claims he saw Sollecito, who then said he was going to 'frame the black man'(Rudy).

They all have very dodgy, patchy stories. If Rudy saw her dying as he claims, why didn't he call for help. He said he was scared he was going to be framed and conveniently fled the country.

It's a very unique murder case and I don't think anybody except the three of them will ever know what really happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

What about the fact that the 2 numpties tried to make it look like a burglary gone wrong but made the mistake of smashing the window from the inside which the police copped and immediately drew suspicion.

Meredih Kercher appeared as a model in a music video just before she died. It's haunting to watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7qGMtyDIg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Meredih Kercher appeared as a model in a music video just before she died. It's haunting to watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7qGMtyDIg
    Well there's motive, what a shít song.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

I'd still do her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

wudangclan wrote: »
    There's absolutely no mention of it in the link I posted.
    Fuelled by drugs, the trio made depraved attempts to involve her in a sex game – finally holding a knife to her throat. When she still refused, they stabbed her, leaving her to bleed to death in slow agony.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1233281/Amanda-Knox-Italian-boyfriend-GUILTY-NOT-GUILTY-murdering-Meredith-Kercher.html
    To sum up:

A girl was murdered in a bed room involving a sex game she did not want to partake in.

1. One man (Rudy Guede) of the three that killed her, did the obvious and tried to lie his way out of it. In a number of statements when he gave he tried to mix fiction in with fact. The police whom despite many attempts to portray them as bad stupid cops (I wonder why? :rolleyes: ), were not stupid and weeded out the truths within the statements using times, locations, DNA evidence, lack of alibis, witness statements, and so, so on....
    Rudy eventually decided to be more forwards with the truth in the face of this eventually - and indicted himself willingly and stated that the other two participated willingly.

2. Upon the murder being committed Guede, Knox and Sollecito panicked after committing the brutal murder and clumsily tried to make it look like part of a burglary gone wrong - breaking a window in the house to make it appear like a forced entry.
    But they did so from the inside, an error soon spotted by the police.
    They ALL (ALL THREE AT THE SAME TIME!!!) turned off their phones. Disappeared (according to them) for a few hours (those hours and their location have yet to be found, revealed by Knox and co - they STILL won't say where they were!) - if they went somewhere that might have given them ANY reason to show their innocence, they would have offered up that location long, long ago - but no. SILENCE!

3. Meanwhile in the few hours (that the killing took place) in which they ALL were SUPPOSED to have been somewhere else (as they claim - but still won't say where :rolleyes: ), in theory someone else (in numbers) is supposed to have come in INSTEAD and wiped down the whole place of DNA or at least they tried! Such an operation would take hours upon hours to do - and not just by one single person.

4. Knox's odd behaviour after the discovery of the body also roused suspicions. No matter what the crime your charged with - you don't behave like an asshole in any cop station, never mind a foreign one and being accused of murder. While waiting to be questioned at the police station, Knox performed cartwheels, did the splits before trying to frame an innocent barman! Pointing her finger at Mr Lumumba, who employed her as a barmaid
    (the police, then the eventual judges and jury saw through this lie alone)! The barman has been TOTALLY cleared and awarded a substantial amount for the attempted slander to his good name.

She made a series of conflicting statements to police followed by a bizarre ‘confession’ blaming Mr Lumumba. She said she put her hands over her ears as she heard Miss Kercher’s dying screams.
    (so in THIS statement - she WAS there!!!! ??? - ) O' look, the little angel can give conflicting, previous lying statements too! :rolleyes: )

But Knox and Sollecito were trapped by DNA evidence. A kitchen knife was recovered (ELSEWHERE) at Sollecito’s house, with Knox’s DNA near the handle (matching up with the already convicted man statement) and Miss Kercher’s near the tip (blood tried to be wiped clean! - Also note the physical order of the locations. Guede already having admitted his own guilt went on to explain that while he held her down, Knox did the cutting). Knox, meanwhile, was described to the jury as ‘narcissistic, angry, aggressive, manipulative, transgressive, theatrical and easily given to disliking people’.
    This was backed up by medical reports and examinations done.

6. The massive amount of evidence that was not publicised by American and European reporters (with their own agendas remember) but was given to the jury, was enough to convince them in a VERY FEW short hours that WITHOUT DOUBT Knox and co did it.

The above is just a very brief summation.

No doubt the Americans will (as they always do) cry out a possible mixture of justice was not done, the cops were incompetent, they framed her, they found her guilty only because she was American, the DNA was contaminated (because we all know all cops except for American ones are stupid! :rolleyes: ).
    The American papers will still stick to this story like flies on fly paper - if only because a paper does not refuse ink and in the media world of hype and glamorisation, Knox looking as good as she does, helps to sell papers!
    I expect them to bang the jingoistic drum too while they are at it.

Like it or not, after many months (11) of a long trial where the defence had every opportunity to put their case WITH THE SAME EVIDENCE THE PROSECUTION HAD, to say Knox and co did not do it, they could not say or show so.
    They would not OR COULD NOT show where Knox "supposedly" went to while turning off their phones (And why for gods sake!!! out of ALL the months they had been in the country, ALL THREE only turned off their phones for those few hours - coincidence!!!)

As far I can see the three are as guilty as hell - and someday if it does exist - I hope they burn there.

The real and ONLY victim in this sorry tale is that of the poor murdered girl and her family left without her.

End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Delighted when I heard the verdict last night. That Knox one looks like a right evil cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

@Biggins: Good post. Fair play. You've put doubt in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Biggins wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1233281/Amanda-Knox-Italian-boyfriend-GUILTY-NOT-GUILTY-murdering-Meredith-Kercher.html
    To sum up:

A girl was murdered in a bed room involving a sex game she did not want to partake in.

1. One man (Rudy Guede) of the three that killed her, did the obvious and tried to lie his way out of it. In a number of statements when he gave he tried to mix fiction in with fact. The police whom despite many attempts to portray them as bad stupid cops (I wonder why? :rolleyes: ), were not stupid and weeded out the truths within the statements using times, locations, DNA evidence, lack of alibis, witness statements, and so, so on....
    Rudy eventually decided to be more forwards with the truth in the face of this eventually - and indicted himself willingly and stated that the other two participated willingly.

2. Upon the murder being committed Guede, Knox and Sollecito panicked after committing the brutal murder and clumsily tried to make it look like part of a burglary gone wrong - breaking a window in the house to make it appear like a forced entry.
    They ALL (ALL THREE AT THE SAME TIME!!!) turned off their phones. Disappeared (according to them) for a few hours (those hours and their location have yet to be found, revealed by Knox and co - they STILL won't say where they were!) - if they went somewhere that might have given them ANY reason to show their innocence, they would have offered up that location long, long ago - but no. SILENCE!

3. Meanwhile in the few hours (that the killing took place) in which they ALL were SUPPOSED to have been somewhere else (as they claim - but still won't say where :rolleyes: ), in theory someone else (in numbers) is supposed to have come in INSTEAD and wiped down the whole place of DNA or at least they tried! Such an operation would take hours upon hours to do - and not just by one single person.

4. Knox's odd behaviour after the discovery of the body also roused suspicions. No matter what the crime your charged with - you don't behave like an asshole in any cop station, never mind a foreign one and being accused of murder. While waiting to be questioned at the police station, Knox performed cartwheels, did the splits before trying to frame an innocent barman! Pointing her finger at Mr Lumumba, who employed her as a barmaid
    (the police, then the eventual judges and jury saw through this lie alone)! The barman has been TOTALLY cleared and awarded a substantial amount for the attempted slander to his good name.

6. The massive amount of evidence that was not publicised by American and European reporters (with their own agendas remember) but was given to the jury, was enough to convince them in a VERY FEW short hours that WITHOUT DOUBT Knox and co did it.

No doubt the Americans will (as they always do) cry out a possible mixture of justice was not done, the cops were incompetent, they framed her, they found her guilty only because she was American, the DNA was contaminated (because we all know all cops except for American ones are stupid! :rolleyes: ).
    The American papers will still stick to this story like flies on fly paper - if only because a paper does not refuse ink and in the media world of hype and glamorisation, Knox looking as good as she does, helps to sell papers!

Like it or not, after many months (11) of a long trial where the defence had every opportunity to put their case WITH THE SAME EVIDENCE THE PROSECUTION HAD, to say Knox and co did not do it, they could not say or show so.
    They would not OR COULD NOT show where Knox "supposedly" went to while turning off their phones (And why for gods sake!!! out of ALL the months they had been in the country, ALL THREE only turned off their phones for those few hours - coincidence!!!)

As far I can see the three are as guilty as hell - and someday if it does exist - I hope they burn there.

The real and ONLY victim in this sorry tale is that of the poor murdered girl and her family left without her.

End of story.

The beautiful thing about being a contrairian is you have the luxury of being able to work backwards from "she guilty" and find the evidence to fit, as opposed to the other way around.

Seeing as the bulk of your 'evidence' is
    A] the rolleyes smiley
    B] THEY DID THINGS I WOULDN'T HAVE
    C] information i don't have access to or have no idea what it says CLEARLY supports my theory because i say so.

so, yeah, I'm not really convinced by anything you've said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Biggins,
    the statement by Rudy Guede ,at least the one I linked previously,implicates Amanda Knox only.
    The house had been burgaled previously.
    As for her behaviour in the copshop I'm sure your'e old enough to remember the Kerry Babies case where an entire family confessed to killing and burying the baby found on Cahirceveen beach.
    I'm not saying they are innocent,Biggs,the business with the phones and also ,I believe,A.K. was off buying cleaning materials that morning implies they may have done something wrong.But I couldn't convict people of murder based purely on my intuition,I'd need some sort of concrete evidence.

...But I couldn't convict people of murder based purely on my intuition, I'd need some sort of concrete evidence.

Completely understandable but just also another point: the neighbours that surround the home noticed absolutely nobody coming or going in the hours of the crime, no suspicious behaviour outside the house four walls was noted - either people coming OR going - hours before, during and after.
    So the theory that there might have been another break-in (already proven not to be so by the Italian police and confirmed by Guede) goes out the window.

Clearly after 11 months there was far than enough evidence for the jury (who heard, seen a lot more - even been taken to the crime scene: HERE) to not waste any more time - and convict the remaining pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

All 3 of them may have murdered her.
    It could have been a sex game gone wrong and one of them murdered her and the other 2 were trying to cover up.
    It could be anything really.
    It could have been manslaughter (though I don't know if that distinction applies in Italy).
    I just don't see how these people could have been convicted of murder.

To sum up:

End of story.

I have no opinion of whether Amanda and Raffaele are innocent or guilty, but just wanted to point out a few ommissions in your post:

1) Amanda said the police mistreated her, wouldn't listen to her when she said she was not at the house that night, kept telling her that she was, and she started to believe them. She says this is why she gave a statement saying she was at the house and then retracted it.

2) They found msgs on her phone to Patrick Lumumba saying 'see you later'. Amanda said the police focused on this, and kept firing at her that she had met up with Patrick that night and that he must be involved. She said that they kept saying it over and over to her and she started to believe it. So she says the police brought up Patrick Lumumba first.

3) Amanda and Raffaele did say where they claim to be that night, which was Raffael's appartment. She said they were smoking pot all night which is why she was confused.

4) The house beng wiped clean would take time alright. But Amanda and Merediths other two flatmates were away on holidays, and if Amanda was in Raffael's as she claimed, and Meredith dead,there would be no-one inthe appartment, and some-one would have ample time to clean up.

5) Knox was repeatedly questioned in the police station all day for days. I could see how one day maybe from stress and utter boredom of sitting around for hours she might do a cartwheel or something. Media will focus on one thing and run away from it. Like in court she smiled hello at her lawyer, the media took a photo and spun it to say she was laughing and smiling in court.

Where is your source for number 6?

I'm really not sure if they are guilty or not, but there is some very flimsy dna evidence at play. The bra strap that Raffael's dna was found on was at the crime scene for two weeks. The video they took of the second time they entered the house, shows the bra strap was moved around on the floor over the 2 weeks, the DNA would be contaminated.

I just don't see how these people could have been convicted of murder.
    Fair enough.
    The jury must have thought different, considering the fast return time they made and the 11 months of evidence they fully heard - which the rest of the world didn't.

I have no opinion of whether Amanda and Raffaele are innocent or guilty, but just wanted to point out a few omissions in your post:

1) Amanda said the police mistreated her, wouldn't listen to her when she said she was not at the house that night, kept telling her that she was, and she started to believe them. She says this is why she gave a statement saying she was at the house and then retracted it.

2) They found msgs on her phone to Patrick Lumumba saying 'see you later'. Amanda said the police focused on this, and kept firing at her that she had met up with Patrick that night and that he must be involved. She said that they kept saying it over and over to her and she started to believe it. So she says the police brought up Patrick Lumumba first.

3) Amanda and Raffaele did say where they claim to be that night, which was Raffael's appartment. She said they were smoking pot all night which is why she was confused.

4) The house beng wiped clean would take time alright. But Amanda and Merediths other two flatmates were away on holidays, and if Amanda was in Raffael's as she claimed, and Meredith dead,there would be no-one in the apartment, and some-one would have ample time to clean up.

5) Knox was repeatedly questioned in the police station all day for days. I could see how one day maybe from stress and utter boredom of sitting around for hours she might do a cartwheel or something. Media will focus on one thing and run away from it. Like in court she smiled hello at her lawyer, the media took a photo and spun it to say she was laughing and smiling in court.

I'm really not sure if they are guilty or not, but there is some very flimsy dna evidence at play. The bra strap that Raffael's dna was found on was at the crime scene for two weeks. The video they took of the second time they entered the house, shows the bra strap was moved around on the floor over the 2 weeks, the DNA would be contaminated.

I in return should also point out that its assumed that Knox is completely telling the truth for 1, 2, 3, 4, to be 100% accurate.
    She has been shown to be lying on a number of occasions - including the supposed "robbery"

Just on your points:

1. She says she was mistreated. All ALL times she had access to her then legal team, her American consul, etc. (a) Up till then there was no mention of such harsh treatment - why? where is the medial reports, photos, ANYTHING to show mistreatment. (b) given the MASSIVE publicity this case from the start generated does anyone seriously think any cop or investigators are going to expose themselves to losing job/pension, conviction, etc and abuse the girl? Pressure I'm 100% sure was put on her - but abuse??? - show us the evidence Miss Knox , you have had 11 months to already do so!

- P.S. even her own mother stated she was NOT abused later either while in prison awaiting court:
    In prison was your daughter hit? No.
    Did she tell you how she was treated in prison?
    She said some were very nice and some were cold.
    Source: here

2. So she said this and she said that... Again its been proven in court that she is very capable of lying. I personally wouldn't trust a word out of her mouth.
    O' and by the way HOW can one send a text while your phone is TURNED OFF!!! The time stamp would show such a message would be sent BEFORE or AFTER the black-out period!

3. Amanda and Raffaele said what! (remembering she can lie!) Again they had 11 months to prove they where elsewhere - they couldn't show/prove nothing, Not even from neighbours who would have seen/heard them (or their transport) come or go! Nope, nothing!

4. "...and if Amanda was in Raffael's as she claimed, and Meredith dead, there would be no-one in the apartment, and some-one would have ample time to clean up."
    Correct but - and I note the "IF" - see point 3!

5. Its a side issue and not material to evidence of the actual murder - but - if I had been questioned (and abused???), I guessing I would feel drained, like hell and exhausted.
    DEFINITELY NOT able to do cartwheels!

As regards the bra strap - so it might have been moved within the room. What was Raffael's DNA doing on it in the first place? and IF it was moved around the floor - IF - what was Raffael's DNA doing on the floor of the murdered girls room and how did he get his DNA on it when (and its been shown in court) there was a clean-up operation! You can't put DNA from a clean floor onto a bra. You can however put DNA onto a bra prior to a clean up - which is what happened before the two week period of police direct inspection of the cleaned up area!!!
    I'm guessing that those that attempted to clean their DNA away clearly didn't get everything - its already shown by one simple example alone that they were stupid enough to fail at making it look like robbery. It wouldn't be too far stretch of imagination to see that they might have messed up their evidence clean up too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I might be in RTDH territory now, but in a recent trial over the CIA's activities in Italy over an extraordinary rendition case, 22 (although 26 were originally on the list) US citizens were put on trial in absentia, and each sentenced to 5 years. They left Italy in a hurry when the case came to light a couple of years ago.

The length of the sentence handed out to Knox may well have had some political significance, then again I might be talking out of my hole (again:()

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/11/04/italy.rendition.verdict/index.html

What do they usually get in Italy for murder?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalese_cable-car_disaster

plane was not supposed to be in the area or that altitude
    20 dead (only 3 were italian), videotape evidence wiped, the pilots were dismissed from the marines

The US apply their laws world wide

There was also the fuss over the killing of the wheel chair guy on the liner

I in return should also point out that its assumed that Knox is completely telling the truth for 1, 2, 3, 4, to be 100% accurate.
    She has been shown to be lying on a number of occasions - including the supposed "robbery"

Just on your points:

1. She says she was mistreated. All ALL times she had access to her then legal team, her American consul, etc. (a) Up till then there was no mention of such harsh treatment - why? where is the medial reports, photos, ANYTHING to show mistreatment. (b) given the MASSIVE publicity this case from the start generated does anyone seriously think any cop or investigators are going to expose themselves to losing job/pension, conviction, etc and abuse the girl? Pressure I'm 100% sure was put on her - but abuse??? - show us the evidence Miss Knox , you have had 11 months to already do so!

- P.S. even her own mother stated she was NOT abused later either while in prison awaiting court:

Source: here

2. So she said this and she said that... Again its been proven in court that she is very capable of lying. I personally wouldn't trust a word out of her mouth.
    O' and by the way HOW can one send a text while your phone is TURNED OFF!!! The time stamp would show such a message would be sent BEFORE or AFTER the black-out period!

3. Amanda and Raffaele said what! (remembering she can lie!) Again they had 11 months to prove they where elsewhere - they couldn't show/prove nothing, Not even from neighbours who would have seen/heard them (or their transport) come or go! Nope, nothing!

4. "...and if Amanda was in Raffael's as she claimed, and Meredith dead, there would be no-one in the apartment, and some-one would have ample time to clean up."
    Correct but - and I note the "IF" - see point 3!

5. Its a side issue and not material to evidence of the actual murder - but - if I had been questioned (and abused???), I guessing I would feel drained, like hell and exhausted.
    DEFINITELY NOT able to do cartwheels!

As regards the bra strap - so it might have been moved within the room. What was Raffael's DNA doing on it in the first place? and IF it was moved around the floor - IF - what was Raffael's DNA doing on the floor of the murdered girls room and how did he get his DNA on it when (and its been shown in court) there was a clean-up operation! You can't put DNA from a clean floor onto a bra. You can however put DNA onto a bra prior to a clean up - which is what happened before the two week period of police direct inspection of the cleaned up area!!!
    I'm guessing that those that attempted to clean their DNA away clearly didn't get everything - its already shown by one simple example alone that they were stupid enough to fail at making it look like robbery. It wouldn't be too far stretch of imagination to see that they might have messed up their evidence clean up too!

Yeah there's an intriguing bit of evidence aswell concerning their alibi, i.e they were at Sollecito's all night.
    He said he was working on his computer for most of the night, police analysed the computer and found there was no activity on it for the time period he was claiming. So he was lying about that.

What I don't get about Knox and Sollecito though is where is the motive.
    They said Amanda and Meridith were rowing, that doesn't make you go and kill some-one. They're both well off, educated, they would know that killing some-one would have severe consequences for them.

The only cases of teenage girls commiting murder in the last half a century are always girls who've had a terrible childhood and been abused themselves. She seems to have a stable life, I just don't see any possible reason she would have killed her. Alot of people go on drug binges and don't kill people. It's a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm just suprised this woman wasn't called in to help with the investigation.

She definitely would get money for the inevitable book she'd write afterwards :pac:

• Advertisement

She seems to have a stable life, I just don't see any possible reason she would have killed her. A lot of people go on drug binges and don't kill people. It's a mystery
    Sadly, in this case as she and her boyfriend were keeping company with a drug dealer (Rudy Guede), this might have led them down a road of ruin.
    The drug dealer said anyway that they'd just gone too far with the sex games and when refused (while induced by drink and drugs), got angry at being refused by the now murdered girl.

One while complete sad mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭baubl

To sum up:

End of story.

I should think that miss knox lived in the house, her d n a would normally be on every knife pot mug or cup, plate fork doorhandles walls floors, that case against her has to be flawed, her boyfriend if he called to that house often then his d n a would also be on everything, so where is the arguement for that, the other fellow guedo, what kind of past had he

baubl wrote: »
    I should think that miss knox lived in the house, her d n a would normally be on every knife pot mug or cup, plate fork doorhandles walls floors, that case against her has to be flawed, her boyfriend if he called to that house often then his d n a would also be on everything...

True but then how come a knife (that had been tried to be cleaned) the police found at the boyfriends home had only traces of DNA of Knox on the handle only, and DNA of the blade of the now dead girl - and only in those positions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭baubl

True but then how come a knife (that had been tried to be cleaned) the police found at the boyfriends home had only traces of DNA of Knox on the handle only, and DNA of the blade of the now dead girl - and only in those positions!

could this person, guedo have hatched the plot, and put it there

baubl wrote: »
    could this person, guedo have hatched the plot, and put it there

And while over there cleaned up the other place?
    ...and turned of all their phones in each's possession?
    ...faked a break-in?
    and so on...?

Myself, I'm guessing "no".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Amanda Knox and Rafael had no connection what-so-ever to Rudy Guede... I was suspicious of her and the ex boyfriend because of how the media had portrayed them over the last year or so, so I watched a youtube documentary on the case, and now I see how it probably is a complete miscarriage of justice

Sadly, in this case as she and her boyfriend were keeping company with a drug dealer (Rudy Guede), this might have led them down a road of ruin.
    The drug dealer said anyway that they'd just gone too far with the sex games and when refused (while induced by drink and drugs), got angry at being refused by the now murdered girl.

One while complete sad mess.

I thought Guede was an acquaintance of Meredith's, not Amanda's or Raffael's. He said he met Meredith Kercher at a Halloween party the night before her murder, and she invited him over to the house next day.

After he was convicted he did change his story and implicate the other two more, but any source I've looked at say he only said the following: He said Merdith and Amanda were arguing about money in the house, he was in the bathroom, he heard two women shouting, then he heard a scream and ran out and saw a male silhouette at the door. He said he then he fell over and when he got up he saw the outline of Amanda Knox running away from the house. He still claimed he was innocent throughout all this.

When did he say they went too far with sex games and killed her? I can't find anywhere saying that he said that. Do you have a source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

I look forwards to hearing the appeal - if there is one.
    The defence had all the evidence that that the prosecution had and they clearly couldn't fault it enough.

I wonder what new evidence they WILL have to produce will be used to try and get the murdering pair off?

I think I read somewhere today that the Italian appeals system is based on legal technicalities not producing brand new evidence like we have here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Amanda Knox and Rafael had no connection what-so-ever to Rudy Guede... I was suspicious of her and the ex boyfriend because of how the media had portrayed them over the last year or so, so I watched a youtube documentary on the case, and now I see how it probably is a complete miscarriage of justice

Of course, yes, a youtube documentary, if only the jury had seen this documentary. It's all so simple now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

CCCP, I dont think that it would have influenced the verdict... although I know you are being sarcastic, the jurers are all from the region, the jury included two judges also from the region. Probably some of them knew the interogators or senior members of the police force. They closed ranks and defended the local police by declaring the guilty verdict, otherwise many heads would have rolled within the police and the legal system locally. Did you watch this documentary by the way?

Amanda Knox and her partner were regular students who partied it up, just like other students of their age. Did I do drugs when I was a student? Yes. Did I hook up with girls when I was younger, yes I did. Did I participate in 'drug orgies'? No, I was never in that position, and if I had been, I could well have given it a go. Does this mean I have the potential to murder in cold blood?

Advertisement