Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Masked Man wrote: »
    Are you serious?
    What I'm saying is he's not defined by his colour, he is a QB end of, don't see the reason for any of it to even be discussed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

That quote from RGIII I think sums up the ideal attitude that everyone should have regarding the colour of their skin, i.e., it should be irrelevant. That Parker guy going on about how RGIII isn't sticking up for some "cause" is ridiculous. RGIII's cause is football, that's what he cares about. Most what Parker said was just stupid and trolling but bringing up that his fiancé is white is still a bit much. The guy is near universally loved for his style of play and relaxed attitude, I really don't get why people want to stir up controversy around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

kmart6 wrote: »
    What I'm saying is he's not defined by his colour, he is a QB end of, don't see the reason for any of it to even be discussed!

You said he made it a topic, which he didn't. He's being asked about it, and his answer was almost exactly what you just said. He didn't walk up to the podium and start talking about being black. I don't really see the reason either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

kmart6 wrote: »
    ! but RG3 did kind of make it a topic by saying he didn't want to be defined as a black QB, why make that comment in the first place IMO!

Whats the source of this rg3 comment?

Seems a perfectly reasonable comment to make anyway, he shouldn't be defined by the colour of his skin, you don't here Brady being asked about being a white QB so why is RG3 being asked about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

FYI Undefeated the documentary is up on torrent sites now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Hazys wrote: »
    FYI Undefeated the documentary is up on torrent sites now.

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Streaming link for Undefeated below for those that don't want to download. I'm only about 10 minutes into it but it's working perfectly so far, excellent quality:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/E86D4A1F3FF435AF#

EDIT - Just finished watching it. The above link works perfectly. Fantastic documentary, have to admit I welled up at the end when coach was talking to OC. Bill Courtney is one hell of a man. Good interview here with him:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/bill-courtney-interview-football-manassas-coach_n_1838828.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully D wrote: »
    Garrett has 3 years left on his deal but we all know money is no object to Jerry and he's not getting any younger. The time for him to see his team win another Super Bowl is running out. Getting a head coach like Payton in isn't an opportunity that comes around very often and I think Jones will do what it takes to get something done.

Payton would be the best thing that could possibly happen for Romo too.

How about Mike Zimmer?

Tough and strict coach who won't take any nonsense.
    Has the Bengals D playing at an extremely high level

Used to work for the Cowboys, he was on one of the old Hard Knocks

Mike Zimmer is surely going to get a head coaching job someday

Mike_Zimmer_Bobby_Petrino_Gutless_MF.jpg

Streaming link for Undefeated below for those that don't want to download. I'm only about 10 minutes into it but it's working perfectly so far, excellent quality:

EDIT - Just finished watching it. The above link works perfectly. Fantastic documentary, have to admit I welled up at the end when coach was talking to OC. Bill Courtney is one hell of a man. Good interview here with him:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/bill-courtney-interview-football-manassas-coach_n_1838828.html

Just watched it, some great scenes. I loved the scene with Money when he gets the news from coach, v touching.

Just watched it, some great scenes. I loved the scene with Money when he gets the news from coach, v touching.

Great scene!

I see Chivas is still in college and is married with a kid now too. Good to see he looks to have finally got his head screwed on.

• Advertisement

Great scene!

I see Chivas is still in college and is married with a kid now too. Good to see he looks to have finally got his head screwed on.

Wow, how do you know that?

The coach has had some impact on those kids' lives. I would of presumed Chivas would have been in jail or dead by now if it wasn't for the coach.

Wow, how do you know that?

The coach has had some impact on those kids' lives. I would of presumed Chivas would have been in jail or dead by now if it wasn't for the coach.

https://www.facebook.com/chavis.daniels

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

thanks for posting the link, great docu even got a bit misty eyed towards the end of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

mikemac1 wrote: »
    How about Mike Zimmer?

Big fan of Zimmer and what he has done in Cinci. Was hoping he would get the Miami job last year when he was interviewed.

Apparently though, he is quite opinionated and head strong, which is said to be the reason why he has not gotten a HC gig as of yet and was what turned off Miami (according to the media anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

cmt-medium.gif

Letter from a 4th grade Colin Kapernick:

67048553.png

What are the odds!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

mikemac1 wrote: »
    How about Mike Zimmer?

Big fan of Zimmer. Done a great job with the Bengals D.

He was a hard nut on Hard Knocks n def deserves a shot at a top job soon

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    cmt-medium.gif
    pretty sure i called him doing that during the game and nobody answered me, thank **** i wasn't imagining it!!

Arawn wrote: »
    pretty sure i called him doing that during the game and nobody answered me, thank **** i wasn't imagining it!!
    Didn't wanna believe it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Are any of the playoff games (apart from the Superbowl itself) on BBC or C4? Last year the Channel 4 coverage ended when the regular season did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Are any of the playoff games (apart from the Superbowl itself) on BBC or C4? Last year the Channel 4 coverage ended when the regular season did.

No c4 only have contract for Sunday night games and BBC for Monday night games. As far as I remember playoff games are sat and sun. Maybe just sun but think sat too. All on sky anyway.

nfl giving free gamepass for a week, found it in my email today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Very sad but well written story on ESPN today about the suicides of Kenny McKinley and OJ Murdock - http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8758092/kenny-mckinley-oj-murdock-were-college-teammates-big-nfl-dreams-where-did-things-go-wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This is the most insane stat ever if true.

No QB drafted by the KC Chiefs has won a game since 1987 -

Doug Hudson-1987
    Danny McManus- 1988
    Mike Elkins- 1989
    Matt Blundin- 1992
    Steve Matthews- 1994
    Steve Strenstrom-1995
    Pat Barnes- 1997
    James Killian- 2005
    Brodie Croyle- 2006
    Stanzi- 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Keno 92 wrote: »

Doug Hudson-1987
    Danny McManus- 1988
    Mike Elkins- 1989
    Matt Blundin- 1992
    Steve Matthews- 1994
    Steve Strenstrom-1995
    Pat Barnes- 1997
    James Killian- 2005
    Brodie Croyle- 2006
    Stanzi- 2011

Did Stanzi not beat the Bears last year? 7-3 in the ****test game ever?

EDIT: Just check. It was Tyler Palko and it was 10-3. The Chiefs TD coming from a end of half hail mary which Urlacher patted into the WRs hands :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,747 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Keno 92 wrote: »

Doug Hudson-1987
    Danny McManus- 1988
    Mike Elkins- 1989
    Matt Blundin- 1992
    Steve Matthews- 1994
    Steve Strenstrom-1995
    Pat Barnes- 1997
    James Killian- 2005
    Brodie Croyle- 2006
    Stanzi- 2011
    They have not drafted a QB in the first round in that time. Two second rounders that went awry but its not such a big deal at all.
    The Chiefs were known for a long, long time for picking up QBs in the twilight of their careers. They nabbed Montana from the 49ers which would be the most notable and had a good run of picking up 49ers backups after him with Bono and Elvis Grbac both going that too.

They have been pretty awful in that department though since Trent Green left not that he was brilliant or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

For anyone who likes the "A football life," tonights episode is about the Immaculate Reception play.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    cmt-medium.gif

Matthews has now officially become the NFL's version of David Ginola :eek:.

Matthews has now officially become the NFL's version of David Ginola :eek:.

A hero? A legend? better than you? Deserving of a shampoo commercial?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement