Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    The amount of times I have heard Christmas Shoes, who the hell in requesting that thing.

I assume it’s someone from here just to annoy the rest of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The amount of times I have heard Christmas Shoes, who the hell in requesting that thing.

Someone is ripping the p*ss in there I reckon, no way is anyone requesting that piece of garbage.

BTW Jude, heard 'baby its cold outside' over the weekend
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

DvB wrote: »
    Someone is ripping the p*ss in there I reckon, no way is anyone requesting that piece of garbage.

I read on their instagram a couple of weeks ago that Christmas Shoes is one of their most requested songs!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've heard it twice in the last week as well.

I read on their instagram a couple of weeks ago that Christmas Shoes is one of their most requested songs!

Being honest, I don't believe that, that or people are doing it in spite because its that bad.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loughc wrote: »
    I've heard it twice in the last week as well.

For reals? The Tom Jones one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For reals? The Tom Jones one?

Yes the Tom Jones one. Unedited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Date 07/12/2020
    Total Donation €50.00
    Donation Donation Form Donate Page
    Donation ID 369
    Payment Method Credit Card

Im back in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I know people who *love* Christmas shoes! I don't understand them, but they exist.

The playlist is set by the station director, as with all national radio stations. The DJs aren't free to play what they want unfortunately, and they work hard to gather requests together for the songs already on their playlists.

I did radio training with Christmas fm and that's what they told us.

I did radio training with Christmas fm and that's what they told us.

Nice, was it as much fun as it sounds or is listen the fun part??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

TRS30 wrote: »
    Nice, was it as much fun as it sounds or is listen the fun part??

It was brilliant! I had planned to volunteer with them following the training but didn't get my application in on time due to being preggo!

I hope to do it some day. :)

It was brilliant! I had planned to volunteer with them following the training but didn't get my application in on time due to being preggo!

I hope to do it some day. :)

Good to hear. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if certain jobs are really as fun as people make them seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

A number of past and present presenters on Christmas FM have been presenters on LMFM and/or KFM. Here are examples I came up with.

KFM: Dermot Breen, Gareth O’Connor, Keith Shanley, John Troy, Stephen Keogh, Tommy McCabe

LMFM: Chris Murray, Dermot Breen, Gareth O’Connor, Adrienne O’Hora, Enda Caldwell, Damien Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

A number of past and present presenters on Christmas FM have been presenters on LMFM and/or KFM. Here are examples I came up with.

KFM: Dermot Breen, Gareth O’Connor, Keith Shanley, John Troy, Stephen Keogh, Tommy McCabe

LMFM: Chris Murray, Dermot Breen, Gareth O’Connor, Adrienne O’Hora, Enda Caldwell, Damien Allen

You might not know Declan, but did any of those people start at Christmas FM and move onto KFM/LMFM, or did they go from KFM/LMFM to Christmas FM?

I’m always interested in hearing if people got their start at Christmas FM and moved on elsewhere after, especially as so many people do their training courses. I feel like most people have other radio experience by the time they’re presenting on Christmas FM though!

You might not know Declan, but did any of those people start at Christmas FM and move onto KFM/LMFM, or did they go from KFM/LMFM to Christmas FM?

I’m always interested in hearing if people got their start at Christmas FM and moved on elsewhere after, especially as so many people do their training courses. I feel like most people have other radio experience by the time they’re presenting on Christmas FM though!

The ones I mentioned above had radio experience before Christmas FM - some going back years before. Most of them would have been with said stations prior to Christmas FM as well.

The ones I mentioned above had radio experience before Christmas FM - some going back years before. Most of them would have been with said stations prior to Christmas FM as well.

I could be wrong but I’ve a feeling Alan Young came through the ChristmasFM ranks with no prior radio experience.

I could be wrong but I’ve a feeling Alan Young came through the ChristmasFM ranks with no prior radio experience.

I was answering a question about those I listed with KFM and LMFM - not in general.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I heard him the other day, he sounds as young as his name! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I heard him the other day, he sounds as young as his name! :pac:

I heard Alan Young as well. He does sound very young alright! There are a number of younger staff working with Christmas FM, some with presentation roles. Many of these younger staff, whether in front of or behind the microphone, received training in Christmas FM. Some of the more recent staff got their first break with Halloween FM (same stable). Adrian Nolan, an experienced broadcaster, has been involved with the training.

Just to reiterate, my previous posts were about people connected to KFM and LMFM, not about staff in general in Christmas FM. I just thought of another former Christmas FM presenter who presented on KFM: Tommy Green!

Let it Snow by Dean Martin, a staple of Christmas FM, was voted by Forum Games Boardsies as the "The Greatest Christmas Song... EVER"!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058138472

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Let it Snow by Dean Martin, a staple of Christmas FM, was voted by Forum Games Boardsies as the "The Greatest Christmas Song... EVER"!

It’s good in the “snow” genre of Christmas songs

More on the “marshmallow candy land” genre I like “most wonderful time of the year” by Andy Williams

But overall I’d prefer a Carol as it is genuinely about the spirit of Christmas

Pack of weirdos over there... LOL.

Pack of weirdos over there... LOL.

I agree. :D

Just when you thought it was safe, here's yet another anorak's list!

The following past and present presenters on Christmas FM have been presenters on Dublin's FM104. All of these names have featured on other lists too!

Adrienne O'Hora
    Stephen Keogh
    Chris Barry
    Niall Boylan
    Mark Byrne
    Marty Miller
    Enda Caldwell
    Ryan O'Neill
    Darragh O'Dea (also can be added to lists for 98FM, Q102 and KFM!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love Christmas shoes and may have requested it :D

Have ye no hearts at all :D

Autosport wrote: »

Heard it in the car earlier.

Its still garbage though.... LOL

Autosport wrote: »

I could make a comment about your hearing however I wouldn’t :D

I heard Brian Walsh on Christmas FM for the first time this morning. I notice that he is not on the "Our Team" section of the website! There are so many names on it!

He can be added to my lists of presenters for 98FM, independent national stations, Sunshine 106.8, East Coast FM, Radio Nova (licensed rock station) and online only stations.

I heard Christmas FM yesterday in Harry Cory's, a homeware shop, in Nutgrove Retail Park.

What retail outlets (shops, restaurants, gastropubs), and where, have you heard Christmas FM being played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I heard Brian Walsh on Christmas FM for the first time this morning. I notice that he is not on the "Our Team" section of the website! There are so many names on it!

One of my friends worked with Christmas FM before and he said that they just get sent a form out to answer all the questions. Whenever a volunteer has a chance, they upload it to the site. Maybe he didn’t bother filling it in, or it hasn’t been uploaded yet!

Advertisement