Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is a real Sh!thole

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Twin-go wrote: »
    peado priests, peado sports coaches,

That's not how you spell paedo. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

That's not how you spell paedo. :mad:

that is how I spell Peado. I may be incorrect though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

lucky-colm wrote: »
    i wouldn't mind this sh!thole if:

1: i was allowed to drink a bust of pints and drive my car home everynight

2: had a job that pays 1000 levers a week

some interesting units there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ireland is like a woman's body.

If you have loads of money it's wide open, warm, welcoming and a great place to be. You'll even have some great places to rest your head.

If your broke however, it is closed shut tight, cold and a decidingly miserable place to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

TheZohan wrote: »
    Banned

God damn it me and my big pedantic mouth. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

We really do live in a sh1t hole of a country, sh1tty weather, floods, cost of living, peado priests, peado sports coaches, knackers, scumbags, crappy roads, VAT @21.5%, VRT, corruption, bankers, developers, Brian Cowen, Mary Harney, Berttie, Charlie, John O'Donough, IRA, Sinn Fein, FF, €5 pints, Carbon Tax, Airport Tax, Aer Lingus, AIB, BOI, Anglo............

Feel free to add your own. Anything the frustrates you about our "Lovely" Green Isle

piss off then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    God damn it me and my big pedantic mouth. :mad:
    :eek:

You type with your mouth? :confused:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Nolanger wrote: »
    • Gerry Ryan Turbridy
    • the President
    • people into sport but only interested in GAA/soccer/rugby/golf
    • Irish Film Bored - funding shi*e that no-one wants to watch
    • RTE - unoriginal wa*kers
    • crap colleges that want to become universities
    • Xposé TV3 slappers
    • musical societies
    • Sunday Independent
    • U2
    • getting ahead involves knowing the 'right' people
    • feminised Leaving Cert resulting in girls doing better
    • dating sites full of ugly women
    • rumour/gossip/slander
    • giving €900 million in foreign aid and €10 million to our flooded areas
    • John Gormless of the Yellow Party
    • Americanised teenagers
    • John Edward
    • foreign beggars on the streets
    • booing Cat Stevens

Exactly!! How can Ireland be a sh*thole when we have all of these?

I loved booing Cat Stevens too :)

I might remove Gerry Ryan though. I'm not a big fan of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Meh, it's a kip cuz we (well, not me anyways, I just drank my money away) indulged ourselves during the good years and now the reality is hitting us.

I came out of college just before the country fell apart, got a good job but was laid off 11 months later :(

Over-experienced and now have to get certificates proving I can already do something cuz nobody will hire me without them :mad:

Bah, I'm just miserable cuz a girl I know got a job I applied for, got fired a few weeks later, walked into a music shop I threw a C.V. into a few days earlier, asked for a job and she was given one right there on the spot.

:mad::mad::mad:

I still prefer to live here than anywhere else, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

mrDerek wrote: »
    pissed off then

Very:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Biggins wrote: »

You type with your mouth? :confused:

:pac:

Yes. I'm sort of like Christopher Nolan, I have to hold a pen in my mouth and tap the keys with that.

I do it cause I'm lazy though, not cause of any physical condition. I'm normally scratching myself or playing Xbox while typing on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

As we were saying ... as a foreigner, Ireland has a couple of peculiarities that stand out to me. There seems to be an unjustified streak of pseudo-intellectualism here - though it might seem worse to me because I'm studying at UCD. I don't know the exact figure, but something like 4/5 of students there are doing Arts, many just because they can (free fees and patient parents). They will leave university after four years with a grand liberal Arts education, educated up to the eyeballs in Beckett, Joyce, and how evil the British are, but unable to actually do anything, because Leaving Cert Maths put them off anything "techie" for life. Yet Ireland is supposed to become a beacon of technical excellence in Europe? :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Who is with Me? As the great B would say "YES WE CAN"

Top man that Bob the Builder. I'd vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mr.S wrote: »
    who the **** would want to live/go there?!

Me. Why? Well because Irish countryside/rural still maintains more of the traditional sense of Irish identity that made the country so unique. But then along came the Celtic Tiger and changed everything, making the urban lifestyle the dominant form of living, which IMO, is horribly dull and monotonous, with less human interaction. Rural living allows for a more relaxed lifestyle, nobody too big for their boots, stronger sense of community spirit...characteristics that Ireland always had, but are now largely lost unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

We really do live in a sh1t hole of a country, sh1tty weather, floods, cost of living, peado priests, peado sports coaches, knackers, scumbags, crappy roads, VAT @21.5%, VRT, corruption, bankers, developers, Brian Cowen, Mary Harney, Berttie, Charlie, John O'Donough, IRA, Sinn Fein, FF, €5 pints, Carbon Tax, Airport Tax, Aer Lingus, AIB, BOI, Anglo............

Feel free to add your own. Anything the frustrates you about our "Lovely" Green Isle

Someone needs to pay a visit to the "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Bah, I'm just miserable cuz a girl I know got a job I applied for, got fired a few weeks later, walked into a music shop I threw a C.V. into a few days earlier, asked for a job and she was given one right there on the spot.

:mad::mad::mad:

I still prefer to live here than anywhere else, though.

Diagnosis: She's hot and you're not? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Island of Ireland is a mini Eden, we get no extremes relative to other countries. The people are sound it's just the people running the country are ****heads. That's the only bad thing about Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Trade Unions and their followers who, despite being so highly paid and pensioned , hold the rest of us to ranson, strike and complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

ARGH what are you doing depressing us on this miserable evening?! :eek:
    Everything you say is true though...sigh

I also hate: the lack of animal welfare bill (well the fact that our existing one is outdated and never implemented anyway), our healthcare system, our educational system (other europeans put us to shame with their multilingual ability), the divide between north and south, dublin and the rest of the country, south dublin and north dublin God everyone hates everyone!

Edit: also annoyingly chirpy concern workers who want to fleece us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The country would be fantastic to live in.....if we could just get rid of Fianna Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The country would be fantastic to live in.....if we could just get rid of Fianna Fail.

.... and Joe Duffy and the Sunday ****ing World. Dear God, people would have to actually start thinking for themselves.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

OnTheBalls wrote: »
    the people are sheep, the women are curvy(fat) and stuck up there own bums, trade unions are ****, people are obsessed with their appearance, train system is dire, tolls on all the roads, dublin, too many foreigners, not enough foreigners, social welfare scroungers, blasphemy law, no abortion, can't buy a ****ing beer after 10pm, can't drive my car drunk, too many extremists(like the catholic church, coir), Joan Burton, **** sense of humour(yes to irish people irish people are funny but to everyone else they are idiots), D4 gob****es, trinity college, girls that glow.

Didn't get the points then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ireland is a great country. Like other countries it has its failings, but in all i believe we have a great country.

People tend to think its possible to acheive a form of Utopia, you cannot keep all of the people happy most of the time, you can however keep most of the people happy all of the time. If you couldnt there would be revolution.

I hear idiots talk of revolution on boards,ie and on the radio.

Nigga puhlease.. i think thats disrespectful to people that have engaged and lost their lives for legitimate reasons to revolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jackthekipper

Mushy wrote: »
    Me. Why? Well because Irish countryside/rural still maintains more of the traditional sense of Irish identity that made the country so unique. But then along came the Celtic Tiger and changed everything, making the urban lifestyle the dominant form of living, which IMO, is horribly dull and monotonous, with less human interaction. Rural living allows for a more relaxed lifestyle, nobody too big for their boots, stronger sense of community spirit...characteristics that Ireland always had, but are now largely lost unfortunately.

Didn't stop mass emigration though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

snyper wrote: »

Nigga puhlease.. .

Why are the worst aspects of American culture adopted in Ireland?

Ireland is a great country. Like other countries it has its failings, but in all i believe we have a great country.

People tend to think its possible to acheive a form of Utopia, you cannot keep all of the people happy most of the time, you can however keep most of the people happy all of the time. If you couldnt there would be revolution.

I hear idiots talk of revolution on boards,ie and on the radio.

Nigga puhlease.. i think thats disrespectful to people that have engaged and lost their lives for legitimate reasons to revolt.

So your solution is to drop trousers and bend over? Hell, you'll probably lube yourself up for them!

Why are the worst aspects of American culture adopted in Ireland?

Im sorry, this guy made me do it

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So your solution is to drop trousers and bend over? Hell, you'll probably lube yourself up for them!

For who?

If you want services you pay taxes. Simple.

Look at the countries like Denmark, sweden, norway,UK even the US of A. They pay high rates of taxes. Where its is collected may vary, but regardless the % tax collected per capita for a comparitive standard of society is similar.

If you dont want to pay tax.. move to Vietnam

For who?

If you want services you pay taxes. Simple.

Look at the countries like Denmark, sweden, norway,UK even the US of A. They pay high rates of taxes. Where its is collected may vary, but regardless the % tax collected per capita for a comparitive standard of society is similar.

If you dont want to pay tax.. move to Vietnam

Not sure what this has to do about not revolting, but ok...

The difference between Ireland and Scandanavia regarding taxation - and I've lived in both - is not only the rate ofd tax, but also that the taxes get reinvested back in the country in Scandanvia, here not so. People are revolting about the amount of taxatrion spent on public employees and not on improving services, and rightly so.

I'm of the opinion - and am open to correction here - that most people would pay more tax if they got first class hospitals, schools, sports centres and all-round infrastructure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didn't stop mass emigration though.

Mass emigration only really occurs in times of hardship. Take the famine for instance, that was mass emigration. During times of economic downturns, like now, for another instance. These are events outside a persons control.

Oddly enough, mass emigration contributes to a sense of community abroad, as there are large numbers of Irish abroad now. Its like having little Irelands elsewhere, without the crap of being here.

Advertisement