Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is a real Sh!thole

Options
  • 02-12-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

We really do live in a sh1t hole of a country, sh1tty weather, floods, cost of living, peado priests, peado sports coaches, knackers, scumbags, crappy roads, VAT @21.5%, VRT, corruption, bankers, developers, Brian Cowen, Mary Harney, Berttie, Charlie, John O'Donough, IRA, Sinn Fein, FF, €5 pints, Carbon Tax, Airport Tax, Aer Lingus, AIB, BOI, Anglo............

Feel free to add your own. Anything the frustrates you about our "Lovely" Green Isle
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Itchy backsides.
    Seriously though its not that bad of a hell hole: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78099783@N00/2243311100/sizes/l/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

More whingers than any other country or world...

boo ****ing hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Takk wrote: »

Not allowed to Mention Politics or Religion over there.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Its only a **** hole if the general population refuse to take the steps that can bring the changes.

We did it 100 years ago, why cant we do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I find life tends to seem worse when you spend your days moaning about it.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best...
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And...always look on the bright side of life...
    Always look on the light side of life...
    [/FONT]

Mr.S wrote: »
    who the **** would want to live/go there?!

Well if there was no FF coyboys - me in a flash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

the people are sheep, the women are curvy(fat) and stuck up there own bums, trade unions are ****, people are obsessed with their appearance, train system is dire, tolls on all the roads, dublin, too many foreigners, not enough foreigners, social welfare scroungers, blasphemy law, no abortion, can't buy a ****ing beer after 10pm, can't drive my car drunk, too many extremists(like the catholic church, coir), Joan Burton, **** sense of humour(yes to irish people irish people are funny but to everyone else they are idiots), D4 gob****es, trinity college, girls that glow.

Biggins wrote: »
    Itchy backsides.
    Seriously though its not that bad of a hell hole: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78099783@N00/2243311100/sizes/l/

Didn't say it wasn't full beauty Biggins. Just there are too many other problems that ruin it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Yeah, we know its a shìthole, but its OUR shìthole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

OnTheBalls wrote: »
    the people are sheep, the women are curvy(fat) and stuck up there own bums, trade unions are ****, people are obsessed with their appearance, train system is dire, tolls on all the roads, dublin, too many foreigners, not enough foreigners, social welfare scroungers, blasphemy law, no abortion, can't buy a ****ing beer after 10pm, can't drive my car drunk, too many extremists(like the catholic church, coir), Joan Burton, **** sense of humour(yes to irish people irish people are funny but to everyone else they are idiots), D4 gob****es, trinity college, girls that glow.

Cnuts like me who can't spell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Twin-go wrote: »
    We really do live in a sh1t hole of a country, sh1tty weather, floods, cost of living, peado priests, peado sports coaches, knackers, scumbags, crappy roads, VAT @21.5%, VRT, corruption, bankers, developers, Brian Cowen, Mary Harney, Berttie, Charlie, John O'Donough, IRA, Sinn Fein, FF, €5 pints, Carbon Tax, Airport Tax, Aer Lingus, AIB, BOI, Anglo............

Feel free to add your own. Anything the frustrates you about our "Lovely" Green Isle

If you see the bad in everything you'll never be happy.

There are a lot of great things about Ireland too, but we all take those for granted.

I like Ireland and I like it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Didn't say it wasn't full beauty Biggins. Just there are too many other problems that ruin it for me.

I actually agree. Some kip this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Yeah Ireland is a ****hole. Unfortunately moaning about it on a bulletin boards with no suggestion at all on how to fix it makes the OP a typical Irish whingebag.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, don't complain to us who already know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Not allowed to Mention Politics or Religion over there.:rolleyes:

I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Its only a **** hole if the general population refuse to take the steps that can bring the changes.

We did it 100 years ago, why cant we do it again.

People aren't angry enough yet. Give it time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

OnTheBalls wrote: »
    can't drive my car drunk,

Poor you, not being allowed to endanger others

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

IBTL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

OK, we have our problems but so do other countries, many of them much greater than ours. All in all I think this is a great little country and having lived and worked in many others over the years, I am happy here back home.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

Its a rip off

• Advertisement

I don't think Ireland is s**thole - we just have a lot of crap in it too sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

i wouldn't mind this sh!thole if:

1: i was allowed to drink a bust of pints and drive my car home everynight

2: had a job that pays 1000 levers a week

3: that the said job wouldn't mind if i was as sick as a small hospital every day

4: the wife wouldn't rear every time i tore the side of the car when driving home with one eye closed and the other squinted

5: there was a crowd in the pub every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tinkerbell88

Lads, to be fair, it could be worse - we could be living in England! Now thats a ****hole. Full of ****heads. Ive ived in both countries, in rural areas,suburbs and cities in both countries and id never live in England again. And the men are better looking here too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

TheZohan wrote: »
    I like Ireland and I like it's people.

I like it is people too.
    How'd you like me now? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I like it is people too.
    How'd you like me now? :p

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Its nicer then Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Chad, Congo, Cuba, China, India oh the list goes on reallly. Look at this way we may have a lot of problems but a least we have a forumn to compain about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

There is a simple reply to the OP - if you don't like it then get the fcuk out... we live in an open Europe - you can take your passport and go whinge in another country:D Then you might realise Ireland is not the worst of them.

And, if you're sponging off the system then leave the door open after you and maybe a few more spongers can leave with you and together we can reduce unemployment and the burden on social welfare.

Hey... no offence intended:D If I did not have 2 kids, one on the way, 2 dogs.. a few houses, few cars ... Oh, and a wife... then I would be gone too. But, I am Irish so all about comes as part of the bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Gerry Ryan Turbridy
    • the President
    • people into sport but only interested in GAA/soccer/rugby/golf
    • Irish Film Bored - funding shi*e that no-one wants to watch
    • RTE - unoriginal wa*kers
    • crap colleges that want to become universities
    • Xposé TV3 slappers
    • musical societies
    • Sunday Independent
    • U2
    • getting ahead involves knowing the 'right' people
    • feminised Leaving Cert resulting in girls doing better
    • dating sites full of ugly women
    • rumour/gossip/slander
    • giving €900 million in foreign aid and €10 million to our flooded areas
    • John Gormless of the Yellow Party
    • Americanised teenagers
    • John Edward
    • foreign beggars on the streets
    • booing Cat Stevens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

Lux23 wrote: »
    Its nicer then Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Chad, Congo, Cuba, China, India oh the list goes on reallly. Look at this way we may have a lot of problems but a least we have a forumn to compain about them.

thats a pretty sad argument

• Advertisement

sdonn wrote: »
    Yeah Ireland is a ****hole. Unfortunately moaning about it on a bulletin boards with no suggestion at all on how to fix it makes the OP a typical Irish whingebag.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, don't complain to us who already know ;)

Ok,

Lets form a Boards.ie Political Party. Lets run candidates in the next election. Lets then, once elected, do another round of benchmarking in the Public Sector. Lets then undertake 6 Sigma projects accross all sectors of Government and Government run Companies. Lets then work on the Judicial system. Remove concurent sentencing, introduce zero tollerence. Then lets move to Public transport - allow competition on all bus/rail routes. Then we can ban trade unions - workers will be protected by employment law. Education - seperate state and religion. Children should not be allowed to be baptised until they are 16 and can make up their own mind.

Who is with Me? As the great B would say "YES WE CAN"

Advertisement