Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst Car Maker ever

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

JHMEG wrote: »
    I'm reading Zastava/Yugo is gone, Fiat have bought the factory, and the cars being built, or to be built (is the factory back in production?) will all be Fiats or Lancias.

Fiat bought/bought control of (dunno which) company; but as with the last 'former dodgy clone maker' they did the same to; its not being totally subsumed (Tofas in Turkey)

Like Tofas, its just making Fiats which will be sold through its former distribution network.

Its rumoured that Fiat will use the factory to build its new tiny city car - likely gonna be a 3 seater. The Eastern European factories are actually grand if they're re-equipped and supplied with properly made parts - the Fiat's made in Tychy these days are better built than the ones built in Turin!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

TM RACING wrote: »
    sorry but i refuse to be told what to do by somebody who drives a vectra. By driving one you show the world that you have both no imagination and no style.

nothing wrong with the vectras mate !!!!!! :mad:

been driving them for years & ill never change from them .
    loads of style & imagination .

whats your daily drive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

British Leyland have to have been the worst, historically.

manta mad wrote: »

Most folk would find it hard to say there was nothing wrong with the 1.6 Vectra from 1996 on. Very troublesome engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

manta mad wrote: »

whats your daily drive ?

He was a troll apparently.....its quite the laugh in here if you fail to spot them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 hsrchevette

lol

what a stupid post
    believe it or not everyone has an opinion if u want a row read this post several times then target those u disagree with

what a waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Audi A4 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Opel - in my opinion Opel / Vauxhall have done nothing for motoring bar provide mediocre sh*te for people who couldn't give a fiddlers.

Really? Do you feel better now that you have got that off your chest :rolleyes:

I am sorry but I can't agree with you on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

atlantean wrote: »
    Really? Do you feel better now that you have got that off your chest :rolleyes:

I am sorry but I can't agree with you on this!

Well done.

Care to bother elaborating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Guess I'll be walking.

Any cars not mentioned in this thread?

• Advertisement

Don't think I saw the octavia mentioned specifically...but it does have that boot...and yes I do know it's getting old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

For me it's the "leave ya sitting on the hard shoulder with the hazards blinkering, while ya call for help cars"

BMW
    Renault (except the clio)
    Ford Transit (yes I know it's not a car)
    Fiat- Always head gaskets or gear boxes gone in em!

Do call dispatch so I get alot of them "I'm broke down and I need help" calls lol can't help but laugh in my head anytime they mention one of the above four. Haven't had a Merc call in a long time, they used to be a good one with faulty ECUs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GM Dod

Hi, new user here and I'd just like to ask what the Opel Haters, or "Clarksons" drive as their daly drivers, I've always wanted to know what morons drive.

There is nothing wrong with Opels, in fact they are better than most cars on the market, new and used and for anyone to say otherwise simply displays their ignorance and stupidity.

I've always had Opels and cant fault them, cheap reliable and easy to work on and also, some amazing models out there.

JUst to point out, the Lotis Carlton, is still a Vauxhall/Opel variant, just tuned by Lotus.

I only joined the site to post this reply so any relpies of quotes directed at me are pointless. If you dont like what I've said, I wont stop now. You're clearly stupid and should NOT have access to the internet. Go to the sitting room, switch on Dave and watch Top Gear some more you mindless sheep.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

GM Dod wrote: »
    Hi, new user here and I'd just like to ask what the Opel Haters, or "Clarksons" drive as their daly drivers, I've always wanted to know what morons drive.

There is nothing wrong with Opels, in fact they are better than most cars on the market, new and used and for anyone to say otherwise simply displays their ignorance and stupidity.

I've always had Opels and cant fault them, cheap reliable and easy to work on and also, some amazing models out there.

JUst to point out, the Lotis Carlton, is still a Vauxhall/Opel variant, just tuned by Lotus.

I only joined the site to post this reply so any relpies of quotes directed at me are pointless. If you dont like what I've said, I wont stop now. You're clearly stupid and should NOT have access to the internet. Go to the sitting room, switch on Dave and watch Top Gear some more you mindless sheep.:)

Have to agree with him, they are not the worst. Very seldom get a call about an Opel and if I do it's usually cos the numpty driving it crashed it, never maintained it or it's a really old Astra

GM Dod wrote: »

I don't have a problem with Opel at all (one or two would be in my dream garage) but calling people stupid for not agreeing with your view is incredibly sad and a poor reflection on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Kia/Hyundai for me.

I'm driving a Hyundai i30, and its a bloody gem, got great spec for the price you pay and handles the road like a dream. Their MPV's are good too, the new ix35 being released next year looks a beaut!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

FunnyStuff wrote: »
    I'm driving a Hyundai i30, and its a bloody gem, got great spec for the price you pay and handles the road like a dream. Their MPV's are good too, the new ix35 being released next year looks a beaut!!!

The i30 is an excellant car - the diesel in particular. It's spacious, cheap and has a decent spec for a little amount of money.

You are missing the point of the thread though - it's not about who makes the least reliable car, it's about the manufacturer who's contributed the least to motoring. Every single Hyundai/Kia is a carbon copy of what every other mainstream manufacturer is making right now - they are not responsible for anything that has had other manufacturers turn around and try to copy it.

The i30 is an excellant car - the diesel in particular. It's spacious, cheap and has a decent spec for a little amount of money.

You are missing the point of the thread though - it's not about who makes the least reliable car, it's about the manufacturer who's contributed the least to motoring. Every single Hyundai/Kia is a carbon copy of what every other mainstream manufacturer is making right now - they are not responsible for anything that has had other manufacturers turn around and try to copy it.

+1

Good range of cars at the moment. Only really excel with their diesel engines though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chrisc1966

Have you all been asleep for the past 30 years? the Manta was one of the best RWD cars available(yes i had one) the Cavalier Mk2 and the Astra were the fore runners in FWD technology. Caned the backside off Fraud etc! (yes i had 14 and currently own a Mk2 Cavalier and a Mitsubishi Shogun. give me the Cav every time!) What do you all drive at the moment? Skoda's or Smart cars?? There is a bit of pride in owning a Vauxhall and i suggest you visit vodc.co.uk to see the kind of people that own these cars. enthusiastic and dedicated to the marque. Instead of bad mouthing the cars you have probably never owned, see what the owners think of them now. Its small minded people like you that do not have a clue that make assumptions based on little or no facts. Grow up!

RobAMerc wrote: »
    VX220 = Lotus
    Nova = sh*te ( had one )
    Manta = sh*te
    Lotus Carlton = its in the name.
    as the name suggests i take it you drive a Merc. Big deal! one of the most unreliable cars on the road. build quality is second to Kia. see the stats on your car. I fancied a Merc for towing but after reading scare stories on the forums decided to get a decent Jap mobile. Hope your Merc is worth as much as a decent Manta is now when its the same age. I think not! they'll all be in the scrappage scheme traded in for Hyundai's as the owners can't afford anything else after taking the depreciation losses on these crates.

• Advertisement

high horse wrote: »
    Manta - far too tail happy
    VX220 - Its made by Lotus
    Lotus Carlton - well its a Lotus, isn't it?

Opel were the manufacturer I thought of when I was the thread title.
    Daewoo would also be a contender for the title here, cheap cars but not even good cheap like Fiats would be
    No note of what you drive on your profile. are you too embarrased to show it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rossey_123

chrisc1966 wrote: »
    No note of what you drive on your profile. are you too embarrased to show it?

Probably a bicycle! :D

Im a mechanic and I know that Vauxhall/Opel are one of the better cars.

Fords and Fiats are the worst, Closely followed by renualt and peugeot.
    As for
    Mercedes Theses are common for ripping the top turret off the chassis.
    Meaning suspension collapse!!!

F**king dangerous!

And some of you need to get your facts straight.

A Lotus Carlton - Made by Vauxhall tuned by Lotus
    Same as cosworth and Alpina.

All cars will last longer if good quailty parts are used and you take them to someone that knows what there doing!

If you cut corners by thinking you'll save money by doing it yourself with your halfrauds tool kit and There over priced parts on a sunday afternoon.

Get Real!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Guys, its harder theese days to get a bad car.
    ok if you buy a cheap new car it might feel a bit plasticy and not have a great safety rating but you get what you pay for. engines in todays cars are very reliable and most failures are caused by human error. its usualy electrics which let cars down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

What's with all the new reg's all managing to find this thread in their first post, and promote Opel. Did you all come here from some Opel Forum?

Im just telling it like it is

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

^That's be a "Yes", then.

MYOB wrote: »
    ^That's be a "Yes", then.

Does that matter?
    What matters is your users need to get there facts straight!

Rossey_123 wrote: »
    Does that matter?
    What matters is your users need to get there facts straight!

Its called ballot box stuffing. I've nothing against Opel/Vauxhall myself, but its a bit pathetic to be doing this.

MYOB wrote: »
    Its called ballot box stuffing. I've nothing against Opel/Vauxhall myself, but its a bit pathetic to be doing this.

Your quite right 'Robamerc' is pathetic if he didnt think he was going to get slated from every corner.

• Advertisement

Rossey_123 wrote: »
    Your quite right 'Robamerc' is pathetic if he didnt think he was going to get slated from every corner.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement