Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Worst Car Maker ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

coolbeans wrote: »
    Quite a lot of people talking shtie on this thread.
    Agreed. Fiat are one of the most innovative brands of all. Top 5 anyway. Toyota have had their moments, but their shower of dull-boxes dampen the memories!! VW have had their ups and downs. The big French 3 have their classics a-plenty. Opel have a lot of mediocrity though. They are struggling for innovation history. The Insignia is fantastic, but apart from the Omega and a few Lotus models, I'm sorry to say it's the first Opel ever that I'd actually buy with my own money! But there has been worse, so I wouldn't have them at the bottom.
    I'm sure there's a Chinese model or two that are crap. What have Lada done either? Daewoo are poor alright. Kia and Hyundai are trying at least, and beating others at their own game, so wouldn't criticise. I always thought the C'eed is the car the crappy Auris should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

unkel wrote: »
    Anything Malaysian or Korean. Pretty much anything Asian really.

*runs away fast - the Toyotabois are coming :D*
    And the nissanbois, hondabois, mitsubois, scoobois et al...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

TomMc wrote: »
    British Leyland et al produced some awful rubbish down the years.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

And the nissanbois, hondabois, mitsubois, scoobois et al...:D

Can't agree - almost all of these produced something interesting at one point at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Anything French.
    The worst car maker ever is 'Anything French.' ?
    Never heard of them.

p.s: try and make sure the next reply uses more than a few brain cells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

SV wrote: »
    Never heard of them.
    You're better off, they were woeful! The "Anything French 1000" was particularly bad, but the worst of all was the "Anything French Oooh-la-laaaa". As ironically named as the Mitsubishi Charisma and the Nissan Sunny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Daewoooooooooooooooooooooooo. Imagine the shame of telling someone you drive a Daewoooooooooooooooo Tacuma/Nubira/Leganza. "Oh but it's a chevrolet!" ... really? Does it have a v8 hemi, or a straight six? Then it's not a real chevvy, is it.

Chevy didn't make The Hemi!

mike65 wrote: »
    Suzuki, witless dull motoring.
    I'd consider the swift sport the best supermini around at the moment.

And then there's this. (edit: go 4:30 in)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Trabant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

SV wrote: »
    Never heard of them.

p.s: try and make sure the next reply uses more than a few brain cells.

Sweet Jesus :eek: take it handy yeah?

Pug, Citroen, Renault etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Tragedy wrote: »
    Why did Irish people think Jordan were an Irish F1 team? :p

Probably a similar reason to why we thought Opel were Irish because they sponsored the football team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

furtzy wrote: »
    Que lots of people commenting on brands they have never owned......

Why would I want to go out and buy a crap car from a crap brand:confused:

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Can't agree - almost all of these produced something interesting at one point at least.
    I agree. I'm pointing out that unkel has dismissed a lot of awfully good asian manufacturers. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    You're better off, they were woeful! The "Anything French 1000" was particularly bad, but the worst of all was the "Anything French Oooh-la-laaaa". As ironically named as the Mitsubishi Charisma and the Nissan Sunny! :D

Everybody knows the French are renowned for their handling, Va va voom:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Anything French.

Can't agree there. Citroen: DS, Traction Avant, 2CV, CX and the cheap 'n cheerful MPVs they're making at the moment. Great cars.
    Peugeot: Pioneers in diesel and continue to be so. Indeed they make the only truly reliable high tech diesels at the moment as far as I can see. Not to mention the 205s GTI and non GTI, the Rallye variations, the 505...many others if I had the time.
    Renault's been covered already.

FIAT made the original small car; the Topolino. Their current range is pretty good too. The stereotype is a lazy one at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I wouldnt agree with this even in recent years pug 106gti, 205gti, 306gti, saxo vts, renault clio any sporty model and the new renault megane hot hatch would be brilliant cars. No forgetting a citreon ds and other classics also

Alfa Romeo

Runs for cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

A Kia Cee'd is a decent car. Crap brand but decent cars. Anyone who knows what they're talking about will admit this.

mixer101 wrote: »
    Fix It Again Tomorrow

Worst pile of muck to ever come out of a factory.
    Pure unadulterated SH1TE on wheels (as long as the wheels manage to stay attached to the rest of the excrement)
    CamperMan wrote: »
    I agree with you ... FIAT are crap.

next has to be Renault, I had a 2002 Laguna, after that I promised never to get another Renault
    Anything French.

Twin-go wrote: »
    Why would I want to go out and buy a crap car from a crap brand:confused:

Top Gear has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Can't agree there. Citroen: DS, Traction Avant, 2CV, CX and the cheap 'n cheerful MPVs they're making at the moment. Great cars.
    Peugeot: Pioneers in diesel and continue to be so. Indeed they make the only truly reliable high tech diesels at the moment as far as I can see. Not to mention the 205s GTI and non GTI, the Rallye variations, the 505...many others if I had the time.
    Renault's been covered already.

FIAT made the original small car; the Topolino. Their current range is pretty good too. The stereotype is a lazy one at best.

Yeah yeah, your right. I drive a Pug myself, however, everything just seems to brake in it :mad:

205 GTi = I want one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

rover

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Magnus wrote: »
    Trabant

VEB Sachsenring Automobilwerke Zwickau, to be precise :D

Wossack wrote: »
    rover

I think the that Rover many people know today is very different to the original Rover that used to be one step below a Rolls Royce. It was only in the 1980's, with the spreading of the brand down to Austin's, that its values started to diminish.

Daewoooooooooooooooooooooooo. Imagine the shame of telling someone you drive a Daewoooooooooooooooo Tacuma/Nubira/Leganza. "Oh but it's a chevrolet!" ... really? Does it have a v8 hemi, or a straight six? Then it's not a real chevvy, is it.
    Lol i have a Lanos, Im cool:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

Anything French.

Really, so you don't rate the Bugatti Veyron :eek:

A Kia Cee'd is a decent car. Crap brand but decent cars. Anyone who knows what they're talking about will admit this.
    Nothing wrong with it. That's the problem for me - there's nothing new, innovative, risky, challenging or controversial about it. It's a car for the middle of the road, which adds nothing to the evolution of the automobile. If every manufacturer thought like this, we would still be driving beetles and 2CVs.

plissken wrote: »
    Really, so you don't rate the Bugatti Veyron :eek:
    Don't you know it'll break down!
    And it's expensive to insure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tuamboy

Sorry ta interupt ye but the worst car has to be vw golf mk4 IMO...

i own a 94 honda civic dohc vtec sir and my family all had civic's tru the years so we love jap cars and not really in to the germans sorry lads i know alot of wud have golfs r know some one with one but there slow as christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Wossack wrote: »
    rover
    Rover SD1 were well loved.

Even Jeremy Clarkson was extremely impressed by the 75, it was only later he decided for no reason to hate it.

The MG ZS in 180BHP guise is considered one of the better hot hatches of the decade in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

peasant wrote: »
    VEB Sachsenring Automobilwerke Zwickau, to be precise :D

refueling the car required lifting the hood, filling the tank with 24 liters of gasoline, then adding two-stroke oil and shaking it back and forth to mix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement