Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Tour School

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Flawless 68 for Coltart, finished on -11, t17... happy days!

Murphy birdie on 16, up to -11 also...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Par on 18 for Coltart...istockphoto_3767061-man-give-card-to-woman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Squeeky bum time for Kearney, 6 holes left and he needs an amazing finish.

Just noticed Anton Haig at -11, amazing considering he was +7 through the first 2 rounds, then went 66, 62, 69 :eek:

Impressive from Coltart... -10 for his final 3 rounds on the stadium course, only 2 bogeys over the final 3 days.. 2 flawless 68's :D

• Advertisement

Charlie Ford finished on -5
    -16 after 4 rounds, +11 for the last two.

Par on 17 for the Murph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Licksy wrote: »
    Charlie Ford finished on -5
    -16 after 4 rounds, +11 for the last two.

Thats gut wrenching stuff, will take a while to get over that one.

To the bar!

f22 wrote: »
    Squeeky bum time for Kearney, 6 holes left and he needs an amazing finish.

Now -8 thru 15

Khan getting sloppy at the top.. not that it matters much but I guess it does to him!
    Now only a 1 shot lead over Marco Ruiz who is -8 today thru 15!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭liam12989

Kearney -8 after 15...t38th..cut could be -9 i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Murphy finished -11...well done gary

thornton finished -10..should be good enough..well done simon

come niall find a birdie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Can't see -9 being good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

good performance from coltart & murphy today, they look safe. hopefully thornton doesnt end up paying for a bogey on 18, t26 now. kearney fighting well but looks like he needs 2 more birdies in his last 3 to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

I think it looks pretty certain to be -10 at this stage unless there is a bit of a birdie / bogey blitz from a few players.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Kearney has finished on -7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Curly7

Pity about Niall Kearney, 3 shots off a tour card. Still at least he has a challenge tour card now and the experience he gains there will stand to him.

Kearney bogeyed a par five (the 7th his 16th) pity..very close..but i expect him to do okay on the challenge tour...good temperment

Decent showing by the Scots boys this week. Looks like McCauley will miss out by a whisker (currently 33rd), but delighted to see O'Hara make it through.

Some performance by the New Zealander Rick Kulacz - he's -9 thru 15 holes today to lie on 11 under overall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

jj72 wrote: »
    I think it looks pretty certain to be -10 at this stage unless there is a bit of a birdie / bogey blitz from a few players.

rosier & ruth are -10 through 15, next to them are beselling & tadini -8 through 15 so thornton looks safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Delighted for Gary, when you see Oliver Fisher not even making the challenge tour cut-off.

Surprised at Tadini dropping down... double bogey 7 on 15 down to -8 (+4 today).
    Was looking at Kulacz earlier... rounds of level par, level par, 1 under, 2 under, 1 over and then today he's a birdie machine!
    Guerrier was -10 after his 60 in round 1 and had to shoot a 2 under 70 today to finish on -10 overall.
    Sam Walker was on -10 overnight and t15. Shaky start where he went out in +3... still +3 for the day after 14, birdied 15, 16 & 17 to get to -10 but bogeyed the last to miss out by 1.

Khan again doing his best to make it dramatic at the top, only leads by 1 from Gallacher and Hutsby.

Delighted for Gary, when you see Oliver Fisher not even making the challenge tour cut-off.
    Fisher finished just outside the top 120 in the Race to Dubai (125 I think?) so he should get 10+ starts on the European Tour anyway I would think? He'll need to make them count though, and the prize money wouldn't be big so....

Some performance by the New Zealander Rick Kulacz - he's -9 thru 15 holes today to lie on 11 under overall!
    His card was amended too and he was "only" 8 under thru 15 and birdied 16 and 18 to get to -10 and secure his card... magic :)

Murphy and Coltart up to joint 16th now. Every little helps i suppose for getting starts next year. Pretty sure Coltart finished 15th last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

congrat to murphy and thornton (and great to see coltart get through).

I can only imagine that its hell on earth going down the stretch being on or around the bubble.....

Interesting piece today in one of the Scottish papers where Alistair Forsyth talks about the win or bust nature of tour school...

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/alastairforsyth/2009/12/school-of-hard-knocks.html

Khan wins it by 1 shot from Hutsby. Gallagher bogeyed the last. Great performance by Gallagher, although he did have the cushion of 10 starts in 2010 already due to an injury exemption.

Pretty strange watching something like that unfold on a computer leaderboard. Absolutely no idea about alot of the near-misses etc...

Just saw this picture on line of the Scotsman Scott Drummond though. He looks happy...

drummond.jpg

Then i read the caption at the bottom which says 'Drummond celebrates after chipping in on 18 for birdie to reach -10.

Of course, -10 was indeed the cut line!

• Advertisement

More of the hit and near-miss stories here

Advertisement