Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Tour School

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

Thornton's having some round -6 after 12 holes.

Kearney -6 T42 & Murphy -5 T47 really need to pull some shots back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

murphy is fighting back, -5 for his last 13 holes after being +3 after 2! another 2 birdies would get him into the top 30

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Kearney's card has been changed (for the worse). 2 bogeys and no birdies for a 74 and -5 overall & t49

-7 was t24 overnight.
    -8 is currently t31 with -9 on t25
    -10 could be the number so....

Coltart in with a 70 for t36 on -7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Licksy wrote: »
    Coltart in with a 70 for t36 on -7

Not badly placed, but will need a sub 70 round tomorrow.

Any sign of any highlights on Sky later this week? I think they had them after the final day last year.

Thornton with a wobbler, double on 14 and bogey on 15, -7 & t34

Sam Hutsby has eagled 3 of the par 5's and birdied the other..... niiiiiiiiiice.
    Up to 2nd on -17 (-7 thru 15 today).
    Obviously being mentioned by gorfield doesn't have the same hex...

Murphy birdies 16 for a 69 and is -7 overall, t33
    Great recovery after being +3 thru 2 today... never a dull moment with our boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Licksy wrote: »
    Murphy birdies 16 for a 69 and is -7 overall, t33
    Great recovery after being +3 thru 2 today... never a dull moment with our boy!

think he'll prob need to go -3 again tomorrow to get top 30

• Advertisement

mag wrote: »
    think he'll prob need to go -3 again tomorrow to get top 30
    I'd imagine so... good thing he has 2 rounds of 69 on that course this week.
    Tomorrow is a day for guts over talent.
    Charlie Ford has dropped from 3rd on -16 to t32 on -7 now... +9 today thru 14 holes... 2 birdies, 3 pars, 7 bogeys and 2 doubles. New underpants needed.

Good bounce back by Thornton - birdied 16 & 18 for a 67
    -9 and t25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Great round by Thornton and a great recovery by Gary Murphy. Disappointing day for Kearney but he has the easier course tomorrow.

Pressure tomorrow will do strange things to alot of people but looks like -10 or -11 will be the magic number.

No easier course tomorrow!
    They all play the final two rounds on the Stadium Course.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Tough call if you are near the bubble.
    Go for everything and risk a blow up or play safe and let others come back to you?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Tough call if you are near the bubble.
    Go for everything and risk a blow up or play safe and let others come back to you?
    Depends on your current status too... the likes of Murphy and Coltart already have a category 12 card (by virtue of them finishing just outside the top 120) so they will get 'x' number of starts next year anyway...
    Guerrier, who took 60 in the first round (now t32), already has a card too from his challenge tour finish and he is also trying to improve his category to get a couple of more/better starts next season.
    If you have some kind of fall-back then you might see more aggressive play to try and get a 'good' card.
    If it's all or nothing, then it's squeaky bum time and try and hit every fairway and every green. This is one of those occasions that playing professional golf isn't particularly appealing!

Early predictions, Murphy & Thornton will make it, Kearney wont.

Of course I hope all three make it, I feel Kearney has too much ground to make up from -5, as Licksy said the magical number could well be -9. Kearney’s lowest score so far has been -3, so he needs hell of a day.

Murphy level par for 3 holes -7 overall

Coltart -2 after 5 holes, sitting pretty in T25!

Gary bogey on 5, back to -6
    I think -10 is the target

Birdie on 6 for Murphy, back to -7 and t41
    Irish Golf Desk has Murphy's thoughts on slow play here

Jaysus, poor Charlie Ford will be contemplating suicide if things keep going the way they are. +2 for the day after his 81 yesterday. From second place to losing 11 shots and a minimal chance of qualification from here. His head must be melted.

• Advertisement

Birdie on 7 by Murphy, -1 today, -8 overall and t33

Another birdie for Kearney -2 through 6, -7 overall. Keep it up!

jimjo wrote: »
    Early predictions, Murphy & Thornton will make it, Kearney wont.

Of course I hope all three make it, I feel Kearney has too much ground to make up from -5, as Licksy said the magical number could well be -9. Kearney’s lowest score so far has been -3, so he needs hell of a day.

Murphy level par for 3 holes -7 overall

Coltart -2 after 5 holes, sitting pretty in T25!

Murphy & Thornton on -9, both T29. Gary going great on -2 for 11 holes, will be close for the pair of them, talk about pressure

Kearney's making ground -2 after 9 holes and 2 shots off a Top 30 place at T40

Dont want to jinx Coltart but also going great on -3, -10 overall for T21 with 5 holes left!

Birdie on 12 for Gary, -10 and t21

Andy C. stretching his legs... -4 today thru 16, -11 overall and t17

Another one drops for Coltart on 16 to move him to -11 and into a share of 17th. Hopefully he can see it out!

Another one drops for Coltart on 16 to move him to -11 and into a share of 17th. Hopefully he can see it out!

Jaysus, I'm praying you haven't hexed the poor fooker again. I'm just waiting to see a double, treble finish!

f22 wrote: »
    Jaysus, I'm praying you haven't hexed the poor fooker again. I'm just waiting to see a double, treble finish!

Par on 17... it's on ice

Par on 17... it's on ice
    getting cheeky now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Murphy & Thornton right on the qualifying mark at -10.

Advertisement