Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭cscook

With ref to post #625, thanks for your response, it was much appreciated.
    We took down the sensor to see the battery and were able to get a replacement a couple of days later in Radionics.
    But the orange light isn't going away, even after pressing reset.
    On pressing the status button, messages are as follows:
    status off
    motion sensor tamper and time stamp
    master control phone trouble now ok
    trouble motion sensor control now ok
    sensor battery trouble change battery now ok.

So we go through listening to all that, press reset and nothing changes, still get the same messages a few hours/days later.
    Is there a reset button on the sensor that we missed, or something else? Have photo of sensor if it helps.
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Hi,
    My Simon alarm says sensor 2 patio door open when I try to set it. But the patio door is not open. The manual says I need to reset the sensor but it does not say how to do this. Any ideas.

Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Sounds like the reed is gone .
    but try reset it ,open the sensor remove the battery and short the terminals with some wire in the sensor then replace the battery .
    Pop down the panel lid and enter your code before you remove the sensors lid .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Choky

Hi Altor,

I just came across this thread and am very glad I did. I would very much appreciate if you could PM me on how to get the engineer code for a concord phonewatch unit so that I can have it dial my mobile when the alarm activates.

Regards and thanks,

Choky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Choky wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

I just came across this thread and am very glad I did. I would very much appreciate if you could PM me on how to get the engineer code for a concord phonewatch unit so that I can have it dial my mobile when the alarm activates.

Regards and thanks,

Choky

More than happy to help, sent you a P.M.

• Advertisement

cscook wrote: »
    With ref to post #625, thanks for your response, it was much appreciated.
    We took down the sensor to see the battery and were able to get a replacement a couple of days later in Radionics.
    But the orange light isn't going away, even after pressing reset.
    On pressing the status button, messages are as follows:
    status off
    motion sensor tamper and time stamp
    master control phone trouble now ok
    trouble motion sensor control now ok
    sensor battery trouble change battery now ok.

So we go through listening to all that, press reset and nothing changes, still get the same messages a few hours/days later.
    Is there a reset button on the sensor that we missed, or something else? Have photo of sensor if it helps.
    Thanks again!

No it is referring to a tamper condition on the sensor. Open and close the sensor again to try clear the fault.

Hi,
    My Simon alarm says sensor 2 patio door open when I try to set it. But the patio door is not open. The manual says I need to reset the sensor but it does not say how to do this. Any ideas.

Thanks for your help

If the reed is gone to save you buying another one just delete the sensor, turn off switch 5. Now take a sensor off a window and delete this two. put the window sensor on the door and turn on switch 5 to enable the reed and put the sensor with the broken reed onto the window. Learn the sensors back in with there respective name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Catskeye

Hi ray,
    My eircom Phonewatch alarm is beeping too during the night after my dad turned off electricity to fix a light.. It's driving me mad, please advise how to fix?
    Thanx
    Cats

altor wrote: »

Sounds like you have a simon panel installed. The beeping is the panel as it has a low battery and the time is not set. You must of had a power cut in the area. The battery in the panel may not need to be replaced. I will send you a pm with the info you require to get the alarm fixed.

Catskeye wrote: »
    Hi ray,
    My eircom Phonewatch alarm is beeping too during the night after my dad turned off electricity to fix a light.. It's driving me mad, please advise how to fix?
    Thanx
    Cats

What system have you installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stormbringer 9

Hi can any body help me? I have an Eircom Alarm system and a while back it kept telling me that one of the sensors had a low battery. I replaced the battery and fitted back on the cover, but it kept saying that the tamper was on and it kept setting the alarm off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Stormbringer 9

I managed to bypass the sensor, but i would like to get it all working again. I dont have any Engineers codes or instruction papers and I am not sure how to clear the whole system back to the start mode. Any Ideas or help. It is a Wireless system and it was installed in 2001. Thanks..

I managed to bypass the sensor, but i would like to get it all working again. I dont have any Engineers codes or instruction papers and I am not sure how to clear the whole system back to the start mode. Any Ideas or help. It is a Wireless system and it was installed in 2001. Thanks..

Do you know which system you have installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F U B A R

Hi all
    Im renting a house with a eircom alarm. Recently started to beep every 12 hours and when pressed "i" it said gsm status system communication failure. I have been reading through these posts and thought i had found the answer from a post by ALTOR the Yoda of alarm systems. Im not sure what i have done but it dosent beep at 6am/pm but now instead at 12am/pm. The message doesnt say system communication failure anymore too. So before i go and mess it up further can i ask please how do i fix this for good. I have a Simon XT.

F U B A R wrote: »
    Hi all
    Im renting a house with a eircom alarm. Recently started to beep every 12 hours and when pressed "i" it said gsm status system communication failure. I have been reading through these posts and thought i had found the answer from a post by ALTOR the Yoda of alarm systems. Im not sure what i have done but it dosent beep at 6am/pm but now instead at 12am/pm. The message doesnt say system communication failure anymore too. So before i go and mess it up further can i ask please how do i fix this for good. I have a Simon XT.

The only way to fix this is to delete the monitoring stations numbers out of the system. You can then set the system up to ring you for self monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F U B A R

Hi altor thanks for the reply. Can i please ask you how do i go about doing this. I have no clue as i proved when i tried to fix without asking somebody first. My system is no longer connected to a phoneline.

F U B A R wrote: »
    Hi altor thanks for the reply. Can i please ask you how do i go about doing this. I have no clue as i proved when i tried to fix without asking somebody first. My system is no longer connected to a phoneline.

Hi F U B A R,

You need to go into engineering to delete them in communication. Phones numbers. If you dont have the engineer code send me a P.M. More than happy to help you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Hi all (and Altor), my Phonewatch Concord Alarm (pic in post #51) has started to become temperamental. Basically once armed (generally at night), the alarm will trigger and will always report from a particular sensor downstairs and I then have to go down and disarm - very annoying.

Here is some additional history

- The main 12v system battery inside the control panel was replaced about 2 year ago
    - This particular sensor was replaced with the identical Aritech unit about 1 year ago and has been working fine
    - The batteries in the sensor were replaced over the weekend, but it still happened last night.

My next port of call will be to go around swapping the sensors themselves to see whether this makes any difference, i.e. whether the fault is travelling with the sensor, or whether this could be a more sinister control glitch within the panel itself (which would seem strange to me).

Any other ideas as to what I could try welcomed !!

Thanks.

Kace wrote: »
    Hi all (and Altor), my Phonewatch Concord Alarm (pic in post #51) has started to become temperamental. Basically once armed (generally at night), the alarm will trigger and will always report from a particular sensor downstairs and I then have to go down and disarm - very annoying.

Here is some additional history

- The main 12v system battery inside the control panel was replaced about 2 year ago
    - This particular sensor was replaced with the identical Aritech unit about 1 year ago and has been working fine
    - The batteries in the sensor were replaced over the weekend, but it still happened last night.

My next port of call will be to go around swapping the sensors themselves to see whether this makes any difference, i.e. whether the fault is travelling with the sensor, or whether this could be a more sinister control glitch within the panel itself (which would seem strange to me).

Any other ideas as to what I could try welcomed !!

Thanks.

Hi Kace,

I would take the sensor head out of the detector and join the two cores in the sensor together to rule out the detector itself. If this works then all you need to do is replace the sensor head on the sensor.

Also, when you look inside the sensor, what way are the dip settings configured?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My Eircom Alarm is model no 60-911-10

Its beeping last few days with low battery seemingly.- even though its connected to mains , and don't use batteries .

Eircom say the battery is necessary and needs replacement . Cost battery €40 and call-out fee € 110 .

Do we have any other options other than above ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its beeping last few days with low battery seemingly.- even though its connected to mains , and don't use batteries .

Eircom say the battery is necessary and needs replacement . Cost battery €40 and call-out fee € 110 .

The wireless devices also have battery's. You do have a choice. Shop around & get someone cheaper to do it.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    The wireless devices also have battery's. You do have a choice. Shop around & get someone cheaper to do it.

Thanks -- will do that ........Thought the battery may be unique to Eircom ,

presume it can be bought in any hardware shop then ?

Is it saying system low battery or a sensor low battery?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks -- will do that ........Thought the battery may be unique to Eircom ,

presume it can be bought in any hardware shop then ?

They would like you to think they are unique.
    Shop around & you'll get them. Try the suppliers sticky. . If you getting it yourself bring the old one with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

I guarantee that these guys will have the battery that you need. http://www.batterycity.ie and it will be relatively cheap + delivered to your door within days. Don't even think about purchasing from Eircom.

If it's the System Battery that your unit is complaining about, this will be a large 12v unit inside the main console - this is required in order to keep your alarm going in the event of a power cut. Replacement will probably cost you about €20 shipped.

Let us know how you get on.

Depending on the system it can be 6v dc also. Make sure you check.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Depending on the system it can be 6v dc also. Make sure you check.

The battery is BS110N 6v , cannot find online , - will probably check out local electricals tomorrow

Check out REW in the suppliers sticky. They usually have them in Ballymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wind_up

Hi Altor. Wow, you've alot of happy campers under your wing here. Just looking for a PM from you about how to get engineer code for a Simon PW unit. 6 years old approx and standalone at mo. Still using it but might be time to upgrade. Just want to see if I can sort out a few probs with it before taking a new plunge. Keep up the good work. There's always someone in need.

wind_up wrote: »
    Hi Altor. Wow, you've alot of happy campers under your wing here. Just looking for a PM from you about how to get engineer code for a Simon PW unit. 6 years old approx and standalone at mo. Still using it but might be time to upgrade. Just want to see if I can sort out a few probs with it before taking a new plunge. Keep up the good work. There's always someone in need.

Try my best wind_up :D

Sent you a P.M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Moved into a a house recently that has an eircom phone watch Alarm. I'm not paying to have this monitored as its too expensive. However it's my understanding that there isn't a bell/siren that can be heard outside the house when the alarm is triggered.
    Does any one know if the alarm is ok for insurance purposes? And if not , is it easy enough to get an alarm bell/siren fitted so that it can be heard outside?

The alarm was fitted in 2005 & it's a SIMON system.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement