Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

I've read the manual for the Concord linked on this thread earlier but can't see how to turn off the sound for Trouble Beeps There is a section on silent arming but this does not appear to cover trouble beeps.
    Does anyone kow how to change the set up to turn off trouble beeps without actually fixing the trouble issue that doesn't involve my crowbar.

You need to get into engineering to delete the phone numbers plus turn off the phone line test to stop the beeps. If you don't have the engineer code send me a P.M and I will see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey, recently renovated house so removed sensors. how do i remove these sensors from the alarm system as keep getting sensor errors from the removed sensors,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Do you have the engineer code ?
    What make is it ?
    Male/female voice ?
    Red or blue lights
    LCD screen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

problem fixed thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dixer

altor wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a simon panel installed. The beeping is the panel as it has a low battery and the time is not set. You must of had a power cut in the area. The battery in the panel may not need to be replaced. I will send you a pm with the info you require to get the alarm fixed.
    Hi Altor.Could you please send me the help info as to this problem as again I have had no help from eircom as although i am an eircom customer I stopped using the phonewatch system,because of very high charge,and am using the unit as a stand alone system,Pat.at <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Post edited. Please do not post emails.

dixer wrote: »
    Hi Altor.Could you please send me the help info as to this problem as again I have had no help from eircom as although i am an eircom customer I stopped using the phonewatch system,because of very high charge,and am using the unit as a stand alone system,Pat.at <snip>

What errors are you getting on the system?

System is bleeping and saying Low battery,
    Driving the house mad.
    We did'nt use it for a while and recently we started to use again.
    Any help will be much appriaceted,
    Dixer

System is bleeping and saying Low battery,
    Driving the house mad.
    We did'nt use it for a while and recently we started to use again.
    Any help will be much appriaceted,
    Dixer

What type system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 makokin21

HELLO EVERYONE,PLEASE IS THERE ANYBODY WHO KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE EIRCOM PHONE WATCH BATTERY????

• Advertisement

makokin21 wrote: »
    HELLO EVERYONE,PLEASE IS THERE ANYBODY WHO KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE EIRCOM PHONE WATCH BATTERY????

What type system have you installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

I just got onto PhoneWatch about cancelling my alarm. They passed me onto a department that deals with that but the call wasn't picked up and they said they'd call me back. I'm guessing I'm getting a bit of a run around. Can I just contact my bank to stop the direct debit payment instead? If I do that and PhoneWatch stop monitoring, will the alarm start to beep or otherwise be a nuisance? I'm not in the house myself at the moment so I won't be around over the next while to resolve any problems with the controller if that happens and I don't want to annoy the rest of my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

Well they rang me back in fairness and cancelled the service. I thought they were going to want a callout fee for something spurious but they didn't so it's all done and dusted now anyway.

Now sit back and wait for the " system phone communication failure " message and beeping .
    You'll have to get the master code and delete the number for the station.
    :-( you could try ring and ask eircom but they'll more then likely try charge you for a call out .

hi Altor,system i think you mean is two motion sensors and two door alarms

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irish rover 75

i just replaced a battery in one of my window sensors (cr123) which i got at woodies for 5 euro. Back to full night sleep tbtg

• Registered Users Posts: 13 belfast security

Was in Dublin over the weekend there and heard the advert for the Eircom phonewatch system- very cheesy!

I've looked for a quote purely to see what they come back to me with . I've asked them questions a usual customer wouldn't ;)

hi Altor,system i think you mean is two motion sensors and two door alarms

Hi dixer, the type of control panel you have installed is what I am looking to find out to help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chaos36

HI Could anyone help me i have moved into a house with a phone watch alarm system, Had low battery warning beeping so i decided to see if i could replace it. I removed the front cover and alarm set off with a tamper to front cover warning and a police call activation warning. I turned off all power and removed the fuse. Now how do i undo this problem. Can i get a service or engineer code. My alarm is a international concord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

How do I remove a sensor from a concord alarm
    The phonewatch alarm is constantly beeping due to old smoke alarm still being monitored
    The smoke alarm itself was removed

Chaos36 wrote: »
    HI Could anyone help me i have moved into a house with a phone watch alarm system, Had low battery warning beeping so i decided to see if i could replace it. I removed the front cover and alarm set off with a tamper to front cover warning and a police call activation warning. I turned off all power and removed the fuse. Now how do i undo this problem. Can i get a service or engineer code. My alarm is a international concord.

I take it your replacing the control panel battery. If so it is a 12v 2.1 Amp.
    Before you open the system make sure the mains supply to the alarm is off.
    Replace the battery close up the panel and then turn on the mains. Go into your user menu and re set the time and date. Press the star button and enter your code to see if there are any other faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bartibart

Hi there,
    i'm looking for some help with my Simon Ver.3 phone watch alarm - our monitoring run out yesterday ( we wont renew it for now anyway ) and alarm is beeping every now and then.Surely i could ring eircom and get that done for 100 euro or so but after reading forum i know i could do it myself.Here is the problem - i need engineers code.I have manual, installation bill and contract agreement left in the house.Unit was installed in 2009 by some eircom subcontractor, its a gsm unit with door window and motion sensors installed.If someone could whisper me how to obtain engineers code and set up that box to ring my mobile and/or other numbers in case of break in and quick reminder how to do it step by step would be fantastic please.

Bartibart wrote: »
    Hi there,
    i'm looking for some help with my Simon Ver.3 phone watch alarm - our monitoring run out yesterday ( we wont renew it for now anyway ) and alarm is beeping every now and then.Surely i could ring eircom and get that done for 100 euro or so but after reading forum i know i could do it myself.Here is the problem - i need engineers code.I have manual, installation bill and contract agreement left in the house.Unit was installed in 2009 by some eircom subcontractor, its a gsm unit with door window and motion sensors installed.If someone could whisper me how to obtain engineers code and set up that box to ring my mobile and/or other numbers in case of break in and quick reminder how to do it step by step would be fantastic please.

More than happy to help you get this set up.
    Sent you a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Altor - how much are the batteries for the motion sensors?
    I may need to get a few changed soon. They've been in the system now since January 2008 when I got it installed! :D

Heroditas wrote: »
    Altor - how much are the batteries for the motion sensors?
    I may need to get a few changed soon. They've been in the system now since January 2008 when I got it installed! :D

They are a CR123A battery.
    Check out the suppliers here or even try get some on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Hi Folks,

Being playing with my alarm system which is a Simon 3 system. Some very useful info on this forum which I've been using over weekend. But I have a query in relation to where I can get my hands on another sensor compatible with the Simon 3 system. Believe they are GE Interlogix. Checked the suppliers list in the forum but does anyone know if any of those suppliers supply these sensors? Also, is it difficult to add a new sensor or do I need a professional? I managed to successful move one before due to renovations but never added one from scratch.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

RWL should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Thanks Koolkid. Will give them a shout

• Advertisement

netmann wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Being playing with my alarm system which is a Simon 3 system. Some very useful info on this forum which I've been using over weekend. But I have a query in relation to where I can get my hands on another sensor compatible with the Simon 3 system. Believe they are GE Interlogix. Checked the suppliers list in the forum but does anyone know if any of those suppliers supply these sensors? Also, is it difficult to add a new sensor or do I need a professional? I managed to successful move one before due to renovations but never added one from scratch.

It is just as easy to remove as to add a sensor on to the system. You will need the engineer code to do this. Most of the suppliers stock the Aritech equipment. They are 433 frequency detectors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement