Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos That Shook The World (Contains graphic images, may cause distress)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

That's not a photo that shook the world, that's a religious propaganda poster.
    Move to have it stricken from the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

Your post is censorship which I don't agree with. Tithe post should be left alone. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it should not be allowed. Leave the post alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Your post is censorship which I don't agree with. Tithe post should be left alone. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it should not be allowed. Leave the post alone

It shouldn't be allowed because it's in no way a photo that shook the world. It's a creation by someone with an agenda (not the poster, whoever made it).

Synode wrote: »
    It shouldn't be allowed because it's in no way a photo that shook the world. It's a creation by someone with an agenda (not the poster, whoever made it).

I actually think the post is so stupid that its funny. I don't think anyone in their right mind would think its true. But I dont believe that just because religion is mentioned in the post that it should be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's an agenda-driven picture aimed at 2 politicians.

Has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, hence it belongs elsewhere.

Otherwise, allowing pictures like that cheapens the tone of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Funny posts belong in YLYL. Not in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

1) Read the title
    2) Boards is a medium of constant censorship
    3) No one cares what you think

1) Read the title
    2) Boards is a medium of constant censorship
    3) No one cares what you think

Obviously you care what I think. Because my opinion is upsetting you if it's that important to you have the post deleted I don't want any little tantrums in my life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cut it out, people. Picture has been removed because it's not a photo which shook the world and, as evident by the last few posts, will cause arguments. This isn't about censorship, it's about maintaining the flow and integrity of the thread, and bringing religion into the discussion where it doesn't belong derails the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Not strictly a photo but a screen grab, this is just ****ed up.

The guy is just standing there giving an "interview" with two bloodied hands and two cleavers after decapitating a soldier.

7V2qgK.jpg

Video link: http://order-order.com/2013/05/22/watch-itv-footage-of-terrorist-attack-aftermath/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^^^:eek: Have you got a link to an article or anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What the ****ing ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The soldier was beheaded on a busy street. Unbelievable - witnesses described the two men hacking at his neck. The volume of blood on his hands says it all. Strange to see people in the background, and makes you wonder who the guy behind the camera is. Surely you see this guy walking over to you and first instinct is to run?

2rz89cg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

roryc wrote: »
    The soldier was beheaded on a busy street. Unbelievable - witnesses described the two men hacking at his neck. The volume of blood on his hands says it all. Strange to see people in the background, and makes you wonder who the guy behind the camera is. Surely you see this guy walking over to you and first instinct is to run?
    I thought that too, but apparently the attackers were asking people to film them so they could get their "message" to as wide an audience as possible. In that sense they were fairly clued in to what they were doing. Doesn't make any more bizarre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

His hands are extremely bloodied, but if they were hacking at the neck the carotid arteries and veins would have sprayed blood all over the perpetrators, his coat looks almost pristine. I know it is a dark colour, but blood would still stain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    His hands are extremely bloodied, but if they were hacking at the neck the carotid arteries and veins would have sprayed blood all over the perpetrators, his coat looks almost pristine. I know it is a dark colour, but blood would still stain it.

The guy was already dead, they rammed him into a wall with a car and then dragged him onto the road before beheading him. In the video you can see the smashed blue car at the other side of the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

The guy was already dead, they rammed him into a wall with a car and then dragged him onto the road before beheading him. In the video you can see the smashed blue car at the other side of the street.

Well that just filled me with the warm and fuzzies(!) :( Didn't watch the video for obvious reasons, so didn't realise they did both)

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Guys, Penn already gave a warning about too much unnecessary chat in this thread.

This is the final warning. Infractions will be issued from this point on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Remember this picture here? Taken during the tasmanian Bush fire on January 4th.

Dunalley-fire-1-011.jpg

Well this is in the online version of the Guardian today, a multimedia show on the family, how the fire started, how they survived and the wider implications for bushfires in Australia. Very good viewing IMO.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/may/26/firestorm-bushfire-dunalley-holmes-family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I always found this photo disturbing. It's of a US Marine in Vietnam in the 1960's. Not so much a man, but so much a boy. Disturbing to think of how little life he has lived, how in his home town he probably wouldn't be allowed to have a drink in a bar... and yet, he was old enough to be given a uniform, a gun and shipped halfway around the world to fight in a meaningless war that claimed the lives of millions.

20080319173345%21Marine_da_nang.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I think this is amazing. Archaeologists have found the remains of three Triceratops in Wyoming in America.

The bones are 67 million years old. Crazy.

One of the skeletons seems to be quite complete and more so than many other skeletons they have excavated.

triceratops.jpeg

http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/triceratops-trio-discovered-in-wyoming/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Two posts deleted. Let's try and keep religion out of it where possible, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zxce

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

zxce wrote: »

Some cool pics there but am I right on saying that in #20 the empire state building is in the background??

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Some cool pics there but am I right on saying that in #20 the empire state building is in the background??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zxce

Egypt’s massive demonstrations

Huge numbers of Egyptians gathered in Cairo on Sunday to protest the government of President Mohamed Morsi, sworn in one year ago

Nic6229239.jpg
    APTOPIX_Mideast_Egypt-0e94c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Kamikaze pilots play with a puppy the day before a mission. Three of the pilots are 17 years old, the other two are 18

490px-72nd_Shinbu_1945_Kamikaze.jpg

School girls say farewell to a Kamikaze pilot by waving Cherry Blossom

Chiran_high_school_girls_wave_kamikaze_pilot.jpg

Advertisement