Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos That Shook The World (Contains graphic images, may cause distress)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Christ.

Seriously?

If it's the video I think it is then it's from 2 young Russian medical students who went about killing homeless people. They killed this girl and one mutilated her body while the other captured it on video.

The video camera itself belonged to an uncle whom they borrowed it off. They forgot to take the tape out so when the uncle saw it he handed it over to the police immediately.

2 of them are awaiting sentencing last I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Duggy747 wrote: »

This one I find the most harrowing, I can barely imagine what that kid in the water felt.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQoEbxJG_Es/Tin2UakozjI/AAAAAAAAFeA/jeMQZQMEu48/s1600/utoya+shooting+victims.jpg

Just seen Sky News there and that figure standing over the guy in the water is the gunman .

When I seen it first I was thinking it was a rescue personal , but the images of the gunman (dressed in police suit) are the exact same .

There is such thing as hell on earth .

92 now confirmed dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Dear God is the whole world gone fricken nuts!?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

mixednuts wrote: »
    Just seen Sky News there and that figure standing over the guy in the water is the gunman .

When I seen it first I was thinking it was a rescue personal , but the images of the gunman (dressed in police suit) are the exact same .

You can see the gun in the picture, fresh blood in the water, and that kid has his hands up in defence, considering they're actually pictures of the incident unfolding, we can hardly get a warning to that effect on the post? The times technically have an image of victims, completely different thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Zaph wrote: »
    It was a video of the body of a murdered woman being mutilated. Why anyone feels the need to watch something like that is beyond me, and it's not something that we will ever deem acceptable on this site.

My god, if ever there was a need for "internet police" this is a case for it, how is live leaks able to put stuff up like that without it being removed? Music Videos of recording artists are taken down due to copywright/licence infringements but not this?! I genuinely could not sleep after seeing that. Sickened me to my core that sh!t is going to haunt me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

This thread needs an occasional bit of positivity:)

Manhattan`s First Gay Married Couple
    manhattenfirstgaymarriage.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chasenlife

Who got married to who in the above picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

January wrote: »
    Really?!

No offence to anyone, but the lady in the wheelchair looks ancient. I thought it would be the woman standing behind the wheelchair and the woman at the left in the picture were the happy couple.

Anyway good luck to 'em.

January wrote: »
    Really?!

No offence to anyone, but the lady in the wheelchair looks ancient. I thought it would be the woman standing behind the wheelchair and the woman at the left in the picture were the happy couple.

Anyway good luck to 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

chasenlife wrote: »
    Really?!

Anyway good luck to 'em.

Seriously? Did you read the article? They've been together for years and couldn't get married, now they can, so they did. Age doesn't matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

0Byc6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Earthhorse wrote: »
    0Byc6.jpg
    What is the story behind this one? I'm presuming the little girl is his daughter?...so sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Lola92 wrote: »
    What is the story behind this one? I'm presuming the little girl is his daughter?...so sad :(

This is the source, the excellent as always Boston.com's Big Picture. Here's a pre-deployment picture:

32707207.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If there is a better thread anywhere around then this one I want see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RainbowDrops

Just finished going through this thread. Took me a few days but it was well worth it :) Best thread ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Says it all. London Riots. Photo of a woman jumping from the second storey of a building into the arms of a crowd below to avoid the flames below her.

284024_2108388401235_1591337335_32041922_7276703_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Not to be a buzzkill on that photo or anything, but London doesn't use the european speed signs so that is from somewhere else.

enhanced-buzz-10187-1312819477-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

M O N T O wrote: »
    Not to be a buzzkill on that photo or anything, but London doesn't use the european speed signs so that is from somewhere else.

Seems to have been verified alright - there's a tram line there (either Croydon or Clapham, not sure). Hence the signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

M O N T O wrote: »

according to charlie brooker

"Okay. That photo of the woman jumping from the fire? Genuine. The 'European road signs' are tram signs. It's Croydon."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Apologies! My bad people, I'm always assuming without any real evidence.:rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Few London ones I found on Reddit

0VFZB.jpg

eVZXv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Teddy_Picker

After those depressing pictures of the results of the rioting and looting, here's a nice uplifting one of the clean-up :)

5oew.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I love how the riot shield is turned into a tea tray :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

1279175618_podborka_18.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Some context for the above pictures would have been cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Burner- wrote: »
    Some context for the above pictures would have been cool.

http://www.pulitzer.org/bycat/Feature-Photography

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Advertisement