Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos That Shook The World (Contains graphic images, may cause distress)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

tricky D wrote: »
    Tennis Girl

The Tennis Girl is a popular poster.[1]

Whats her username?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZD7S6r8nMpsY3U6UxVHtrv4EJFDYUCfEhFj7psQCyu8OJ_f4Y&t=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    i think thats white phosporus(sp??)as well.Nasty stuff maikkomi

I know, I've seen it for real in Lebanon.

Here's the rest of the still's from that photo.

This is a youtube clip of stills photographs of that particular bombing.

I know, I've seen it for real in Lebanon.

Here's the rest of the still's from that photo.

This is a youtube clip of stills photographs of that particular bombing.

What was it like to see it for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

What was it like to see it for real?

Thankfully I've never seen it that close.

And I never seen an aerial burst like that either, although I've seen other anti-personnel artillary used against targets in a similar fashion.

Anyway that photo, looks like a vision from hell.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mGlrr.jpg flickr/tweets of Dublin

Large image on
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5935470794/sizes/o/in/set-72157627140310742/

orange dots represent Flickr pictures while blue dots are tweets; white areas represent where people are using both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

5903.jpg

Also if a mod could go back and re-edit my original post to put this image into it I'd be eternally grateful. The old one has expired or something. :( (Mod Note: Done)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

volcano.jpg?t=1311167778

Malty_T wrote: »
    (Mod Note: Done)

Can't thank my own post, so thanks very much.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Edeuinu

Hello,

I'm from US and don't really remember how I stumbled across this site/thread yesterday, but I felt compelled to register after looking at every single page. It's occupied almost a full work day now just clicking all the links provided and reading up on some things I would otherwise overlook.

Really an awesome thread, glad to see it's still going seeing as how long ago it was started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Edeuinu wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm from US and don't really remember how I stumbled across this site/thread yesterday, but I felt compelled to register after looking at every single page. It's occupied almost a full work day now just clicking all the links provided and reading up on some things I would otherwise overlook.

Really an awesome thread, glad to see it's still going seeing as how long ago it was started!

Spread the word ..

Tweet & Facebook the link to friends .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

mixednuts wrote: »
    Spread the word ..

Tweet & Facebook the link to friends .

Tell the world about our revolution. Shout it from the rooftops.

And then wonder why the powers that be haven't been lynched yet for not making this thread a sticky.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Jack the Ripper's victims - 1888.

victimslarge.jpg

Polly Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catharine Eddowes and Mary Kelly(that's not her).

Coroner's photographs.

tumblr_lmns11WTZL1qifk90o1_400.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3980&stc=1&d=1228514284

This ones a bit graphic...

http://wiki.casebook.org/images/thumb/f/f4/EddowesStitching.jpg/260px-EddowesStitching.jpg

http://www.casebook.org/intro.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

British_Mark_I_male_tank_Somme_25_September_1916.jpg

The British Mark 1 tank 25 September 1916, The Somme. fitted with mesh to deflect grenades, a wheeled steering column at the rear, 6 punder guns and armour to resist small arms fire.

Temeratures inside would reach 50 degrees C, with poor ventilation. A direct hit from artilery would imediately incinerate the crew by bursting the fuel tanks

Fenianram.jpg

The fenian ram. the first workable combat submarine developed by Co. Clare born John Philip Holland and funded by the skirmishing fund of the IRB.

Holland had already submitted deigns to the US Navy for a combat sub but they were rejected. The IRB however continued to fund their development as a means of attacking the British Navy. Of course, them being a republican movement, they had a dispute and split. The IRB resolved to steal the Fenian RAM but had nobody who could pilot it.

In 1916 it was displayed in madison square garden to raise funds for the easter rising victims and can now be seen in the Paterson Museum in new Jersey.

Holland went on to develop the USS Holland for the US Navy which was copied as the Holland class submarine, somewhat ironically by the British Navy.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/07/welcome-home-atlantis/100111/

Yet another fantastic set of pictures from The atlantic.com website...this set is to do with the final shuttle mission

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

350j57t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

NO PICSY QUOTSY!
    Number 5 (Alive) with MASSIVE wings?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

And then wonder why the powers that be haven't been lynched yet for not making this thread a sticky.:pac:

In fairness to the mods, the more stickies in a forum the more difficult it is to view the forum using the new mobile site (touch.boards.ie), it's actually very good modding to limit stickies, especially not stickying threads that are normally full of activity anyway.

Today, obviously.

woman_1348844a.jpg
    Oslo Bombing and Utoya shooting.
    (Maybe it's just me, but I think we should leave out the kid photos until this has died down a bit and they've all been laid to rest?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Today in Oslo, from The Guardian (more in link)

The-damaged-Norways-Prime-004.jpg

An-injured-man-is-treated-009.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Another photo relating to today's events in Oslo - one I saw on twitter with this comment from a Norwegian man:
    I wish all the racists in Oslo could see this picture

v6ZqD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Disturbing pictures of victims from Utoya shooting today. Click at your own risk.

http://olehgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/utoya980_0.jpg

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c60bf53ef014e8a0db7ea970d-600wi

This one I find the most harrowing, I can barely imagine what that kid in the water felt.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQoEbxJG_Es/Tin2UakozjI/AAAAAAAAFeA/jeMQZQMEu48/s1600/utoya+shooting+victims.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Disturbing pictures of victims from Utoya shooting today. Click at your own risk.

http://olehgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/utoya980_0.jpg

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c60bf53ef014e8a0db7ea970d-600wi

This one I find the most harrowing, I can barely imagine what that kid in the water felt.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQoEbxJG_Es/Tin2UakozjI/AAAAAAAAFeA/jeMQZQMEu48/s1600/utoya+shooting+victims.jpg

Jesus Christ .

What is it with mankind sometimes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Duggy I'm not sure that last photo is kosher to put on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Mod note: while we do allow fairly graphic images, this sort of thing is not acceptable.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Im not going to watch it, after watching the Dnep maniacs video the images stayed with me for a long time and its the only time a video has affected me in that way!

So im not going to do that to myself again!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can I just remind people that while we are fairly tolerant here, we do have limits. The video posted by barone is completely unacceptable and he's been temporarily sitebanned as a result. This is the second such siteban issued in the last couple of days and we'd rather not have to issue any more, so please think before you post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

What was the video of may I ask?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It was a video of the body of a murdered woman being mutilated. Why anyone feels the need to watch something like that is beyond me, and it's not something that we will ever deem acceptable on this site.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    It was a video of the body of a murdered woman being mutilated. Why anyone feels the need to watch something like that is beyond me, and it's not something that we will ever deem acceptable on this site.

Christ.

Seriously?

Advertisement